2024 Massillon Tigers

Oh great one please tell us all about Mater Dei, how many games did you go to last year and watch them play ? Anyone can read online about them….
First off nobody said let’s play Mater Dei or that Mater Dei is going to be on the schedule next year.
Worm mentioned them among others in his post about us looking for a sponsor.
So you agree. We shouldn’t play them. Thanks

1. The conversation had nothing to do with making the playoffs as basically everyone makes it so that’s irrelevant.
2. Springfield lost games early because of injuries to the qb and others. How bout Iggy? Their stupid schedule resulted in a pathetic season and early playoff exit.
3. We already play a schedule that resulted in us cakewalking to the state championship game. 55-7 in the semis lol
4. You people act like I’m advocating for a cream puff schedule when all I’m saying is that it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me for a team to schedule a game they have no chance of winning.
1. Then why does it matter who we play.
2. St Ig’s season had more to do with youth and talent than who they played.
3. Since when does a schedule have anything to do with who you play in the playoffs ?? Talk about not knowing 💩
4. There is never “no chance of winning” in the game of football.
All of that from the guy who is ok with playing
St Joes Prep, Bergen Catholic and Good Counsel.
It’s like you are trying to prove yourself wrong. 😂😂😂

So you agree. We shouldn’t play them. Thanks
Wrong….again…. I have no problem playing anyone. It’s asinine that you continue to use this “no chance of winning” bull💩 as as a basis to your argument. Do you think the coaches or kids would go into a game with that kind of mindset ?

1. Then why does it matter who we play.
2. St Ig’s season had more to do with youth and talent than who they played.
3. Since when does a schedule have anything to do with who you play in the playoffs ?? Talk about not knowing 💩
4. There is never “no chance of winning” in the game of football.
All of that from the guy who is ok with playing
St Joes Prep, Bergen Catholic and Good Counsel.
It’s like you are trying to prove yourself wrong. 😂😂😂
He’s the one who said playing a tougher schedule makes a difference in the playoffs.

You must be the type who thinks that Georgia’s roster is equal to say Penn st lol

He’s the one who said playing a tougher schedule makes a difference in the playoffs.

You must be the type who thinks that Georgia’s roster is equal to say Penn st lol
If you don’t think that Massillon playing the schedule it did this year helped in the Hoban game then you truly are as clueless as you prove to us on here just about every week.

St Ed’s has had way more talent the last 2 years then we have, 3 guys going to Michigan and Ohio St just on the OL….How did that work out for them ??

Nah as I said you post your negative thoughts just about weekly on here. Clearly im not the only one who calls you on your bull 💩
😂😂😂 saying that we should maybe not schedule the top team in the country is now “negative”. My goodness how is it possible to be this soft. We can’t even have a conversation without you people taking it as dogging Massillon

😂😂😂 saying that we should maybe not schedule the top team in the country is now “negative”. My goodness how is it possible to be this soft. We can’t even have a conversation without you people taking it as dogging Massillon
No it’s the whole “no chance of winning” etc that has people disgusted with your negative 💩.
You act like this is the first time you have been called on it.

No it’s the whole “no chance of winning” etc that has people disgusted with your negative 💩.
You act like this is the first time you have been called on it.
I’m not even being negative. I’m being realistic.

Sorry everyone. Massillon is the greatest. We should actually just play an NFL schedule because “there’s no such thing as no chance in football”

I wouldnt be surprised if Gorman was actually reaching out to Massillon after one glance at their schedule from last year. This also isnt the same Bishop Gorman of 6-7 years ago where they played and beat 2 cali schools, a Texas school and St Thomas Aquinas at all. Would be a good game IMO

I’m not even being negative. I’m being realistic.

Sorry everyone. Massillon is the greatest. We should actually just play an NFL schedule because “there’s no such thing as no chance in football”
This is a high school forum why do you continue to talk about college and the NFL ?
Again how did reality work out for Valdosta, St Ed’s, St Johns Collegiate and Hoban ?

This is a high school forum why do you continue to talk about college and the NFL ?
Again how did reality work out for Valdosta, St Ed’s, St Johns Collegiate and Hoban ?
lol those were all teams in our wheelhouse of competition. I’m sorry that you can’t understand that Mater Dei and Bosco are on a different level

lol those were all teams in our wheelhouse of competition. I’m sorry that you can’t understand that Mater Dei and Bosco are on a different level
I think we are jumping the gun. We are very good division 2 team in Ohio. Mater Dei, gorman, Bosco are all super power teams. There are many really good teams we could schedule in Ohio and nearby states without scheduling these all star teams. Why not St X, Elder, Brother Rice? Makes more sense to me and would be great games.

Personally I want to win too, but don't care if we lose a regular season game or 2 vs. an elite power. Even if we got ran off the field. In the end it makes us better. It would be fun for me either way, and a privilege honestly, just to see any of the above talent in person.

Serious question though, would you call Hoban and/or St. Ed crazy if they scheduled Mater Dei or Bishop Gorman?

The same level as St Joes Prep, Bergen Catholic, St Johns Collegiate, St Ed’s and Hoban…private schools that get kids from a huge area.

I think we are jumping the gun. We are very good division 2 team in Ohio. Mater Dei, gorman, Bosco are all super power teams. There are many really good teams we could schedule in Ohio and nearby states without scheduling these all star teams. Why not St X, Elder, Brother Rice? Makes more sense to me and would be great games.
Nobody is jumping the gun, actually nobody from Massillon said we should even be playing those teams, the point was it doesn’t matter if we do play them. Win or lose it will only make you better playing against tougher competition. I feel like most Tiger fans understand that we are going to have 3-5 OOS teams on the schedule each year, because the majority of Ohio teams are afraid to schedule up even though they will still get that participation ribbon in October. I would rather watch us play a power from another State then watch some middle of the road Columbus team or someone similar.

There is a slogan Massillon against the World not Massillon against Ohio. In order to be the best you got to play the best. 🤔🤷

How many times in recent years have people lobbied against a schedule that would include Ed’s, Moeller, X, Hoban, etc lol but now it’s “we can play anyone in the country”.
Does your team really get better by playing teams that run them off the field or do you get better by playing highly competitive games? I’d say the latter.

Serious question: if we’re okay with playing literally anyone then why not just schedule Hoban, Ed’s, Moe, TCC, St X, and Glenville this year? Why pay teams from other states to come when these teams would schedule us?

Serious question: if we’re okay with playing literally anyone then why not just schedule Hoban, Ed’s, Moe, TCC, St X, and Glenville this year? Why pay teams from other states to come when these teams would schedule us?
We are talking 1 or 2 games not 6 genius. Actually we are really only talking 1 game since the original post was talking about the booster club looking for a National sponsor for a National marquee game.

How convenient of you to leave out Bergen Catholic which is a school you are ok playing. BC is within a 45 min drive of a city that is
3 times the size of Los Angeles….. dude.
Yeah which is also in a different state not the same city that the school is in. They played Hoban a couple years ago and kicked their teeth in btw. But I was saying you put little Akron in the same conversation as LA and NY…if you think that those are “the same” then idk what to tell ya