2024 Massillon Tigers

"National marquee game?" Gorman? Mater Dei? My past suggestion of Louisville (KY) Male for "The Battle For Win 949?"

:unsure:

2024-01-18_13-02-18.jpg

If Glenville can play IMG Massillon can play IMG. Doesn't matter if we got drubbed. Not that I concede anything. At this point it wouldn't change who we are and what we've established. And a win would be epic.

Ditto St. Ed. I mean, if we were to beat them 3 times in a row... wow. Not like I want to play nothing but a bunch of St. Eds and IMG's but we have some house money and couple losses don't mean anything. And it pays off down the road.

Because unless we’re bringing in ten 4⭐️ players it wouldn’t be a game
Who gives a shi t? We as Massillon fans can't keep criticizing the schools that don't want to play us and then turn around and do the same thing.

Massillon fan : "This team should schedule us and that team should schedule us and this team and that team."

Random guy : "Well Bishop Gorman will play you."

Massillon fan : "No we don't wanna play them."

They have a much harder time finding games these days because they can’t play California teams and maybe even Texas teams don’t play them anymore as well. The shine of playing IMG has worn off IMO

I may have said it on here before, but IMG’s AD grew up with me in Warren. He’s always open to coming up to Ohio.

Who gives a shi t? We as Massillon fans can't keep criticizing the schools that don't want to play us and then turn around and do the same thing.

Massillon fan : "This team should schedule us and that team should schedule us and this team and that team."

Random guy : "Well Bishop Gorman will play you."

Massillon fan : "No we don't wanna play them."
There’s a massive difference between scheduling some good teams and going out and playing the literal top programs in the country that happen to be private schools who hand pick a roster out of a city that has millions of people.

Honest question. Would you be in favor of doing a 10 year contract with St. Ed’s? They do this with Elder and Moeller. Would be nice to have a season series continue on.
I personally would, but like someone stated a while back, St Ed would have to. Make some concessions. A division I school with an astronomical competitive balance number....they're gonna have to play 2 out of 3, maybe 3 out of 4 at PBTS.

Combine st Ed’s, glenville, and Hoban and that’s Mater Dei lol
I am not so sure about that. This year's Massillon and Eds teams Eds team the last 2 years Hobans 2018,2020 undefeated teams could have went toe to toe with any teams in the country including Mater Dei imo. Hoban Eds, Massillon were all nationally ranked by the 5 national polls that rank high school football. Eds was 12 and 16 last 2 years Massillon 10 this year Hoban 8 and 12 in their years. I know it's all subjective but Ohio rates right up there with Florida,Texas and California as the top states in the country for high school football. I

I am not so sure about that. This year's Massillon and Eds teams Eds team the last 2 years Hobans 2018,2020 undefeated teams could have went toe to toe with any teams in the country including Mater Dei imo. Hoban Eds, Massillon were all nationally ranked by the 5 national polls that rank high school football. Eds was 12 and 16 last 2 years Massillon 10 this year Hoban 8 and 12 in their years. I know it's all subjective but Ohio rates right up there with Florida,Texas and California as the top states in the country for high school football. I
Did a quick search….Mater Dei had SEVENTEEN seniors this past season that were ranked as either 3 or 4 star players. That’s just the senior class. Their roster building is not anything like what we see in Ohio. Not even close.

Get thru Pa's top team which could actually be scheduled then start talkin bout Florida,TX,Cali etc.

Why not ? This isn’t 1984 where a loss might make you miss the playoffs. It can’t hurt to play anyone that wants to come to PBTS. The kids want to play in big games against big competition.
Scheduling guaranteed L’s just doesn’t make much sense to me. Not sure what you gain by putting your kids in a position where they have essentially no chance of actually winning the game. There’s plenty of good and notable teams that we can play to put the kids on a big stage against big time competition.

We finally win state and now all of a sudden want to play Mater Dei? There’s levels to this and we gotta keep building up to that level.