2023 St. Ignatius Football

I wonder why Ignatius (if the rumor is true) will not play any more games at Byers Field.
Still don't know if it is true. If it is I suspect rent is chief amongst them. PCSD is a crap show taking advantage of whatever they can get (spoken as someone born and raised in Parmaville)

If the game doesn't count toward the Harbins, it's better to take the week off, especially with all of the road games: Springfield, Mentor, Austintown, Toledo, Cincinnati

What a brutal schedule and a lot of travel on the kids. I know they are used to it but man it would be nice to mix it up a little.

It's insane. A loaded 90s Ignatius team would have a difficult time with this schedule.

Hard to even say what part is the worst. Home against the D2 runner up, then in Toledo to play the D2 champ, then on to the 2x absolutely loaded D1 champ, then on the road against the D1 semi-finalist and home against a St X team that will be much improved.

I know it's not easy finding games but this is crazy.

It's insane. A loaded 90s Ignatius team would have a difficult time with this schedule.

Hard to even say what part is the worst. Home against the D2 runner up, then in Toledo to play the D2 champ, then on to the 2x absolutely loaded D1 champ, then on the road against the D1 semi-finalist and home against a St X team that will be much improved.

I know it's not easy finding games but this is crazy.
Opening on the road against the D1 runner up may be the worst of all...

Especially if the Ignatius QB throws a terrible 4th qtr interception to hand Springfield the game like 2 years ago.
Yes. And, this year, SHS is going to unleash a new qb on you that's gonna make you start up the busses early. Don't bother getting hotel rooms. You won't need them. But bring your Gold gas cards...

A
Drive further towards Ohio City if you want to see a real HS campus.:)
Actually I went on a tour of St Ignatius. I loved it. However, it's a mere fraction of the beauty of SHS.

Attachments

• d4a57f3b6112a04876222410aa90bb20--stem-school-stems.jpg
    d4a57f3b6112a04876222410aa90bb20--stem-school-stems.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 21
Kyle compared Tommy to Trent Zenkewicz when he was at Ignatius.

To me that's as high as praises goes. Trent is the most dominant defensive lineman I watched in 35+ years of HS football. (And Trent also played OT and could have played that position in college as well)

With the rich tradition that St Ignatius has why have they not built they own stadium?

Much like St. Edward and Moeller, Ignatius is in the middle of a residential neighborhood with very little parking. There is simply nowhere to put it. It's cheaper and more efficient to rent.

I think that with the new staff things are going to heat up over the next couple years for the Iggys, but like us a stadium will always be a pipe dream. Though we have both seemed to have done just fine without one.

I think that with the new staff things are going to heat up over the next couple years for the Iggys, but like us a stadium will always be a pipe dream. Though we have both seemed to have done just fine without one.
Or Ignatius could keep slipping and fall into more of a hole 😜, I’m fine with either!

Or Ignatius could keep slipping and fall into more of a hole 😜, I’m fine with either!
I am so looking forward to the day when St. I's kicks the snot our of Ed's. It will happen and when it does I will be here to help the Wildcats reclaim the throne. Ed's is a bunch of arrogant two cheeks with a crack in the middle! GBM 💪 🏈

I am so looking forward to the day when St. I's kicks the snot our of Ed's. It will happen and when it does I will be here to help the Wildcats reclaim the throne. Ed's is a bunch of arrogant two cheeks with a crack in the middle! GBM 💪 🏈
It happened for about 20 yrs that dynasty is over along with Moe’s revolving door of coaches down there.

It happened for about 20 yrs that dynasty is over along with Moe’s revolving door of coaches down there.
You have posted this same thing over and over. (Ignatius is going to suck or continue to suck)

No one from Ignatius is talking a return to glory. No one. We stopped thinking that way years ago.

It will end for Eds too. You might not think so, but it will.