2023 Glenville Football

Funny that so many have to give qualifiers before daring to talk about Glenville.

There is no way to spin Glenville being in D4 in terms of their talent vs. the rest of D4. The Tarblooders were already loaded and then they add the most explosive player of the D1 champion from last season.
Glenville has broken no rules. They've done nothing wrong. When Cardinal Mooney or Steubenville were dominating D4, no one questioned the talent disparity between them and the other schools in that division. Not that they were doing anything wrong either. But since it's a city school that's on top, people have a problem?

If you're so upset about it, then petition the OHSAA to allow schools to play up. I know Glenville would jump at the chance to play in D2 or D3. Until then, pound sand. Glenville is gonna keep winning. They're not gonna apologize for it either.

Glenville has broken no rules. They've done nothing wrong. When Cardinal Mooney or Steubenville were dominating D4, no one questioned the talent disparity between them and the other schools in that division. Not that they were doing anything wrong either. But since it's a city school that's on top, people have a problem?

If you're so upset about it, then petition the OHSAA to allow schools to play up. I know Glenville would jump at the chance to play in D2 or D3. Until then, pound sand. Glenville is gonna keep winning. They're not gonna apologize for it either.
Where did I say they broke rules?

Work on your reading comprehension. Glenville tried in D1 for years. Without Ginn bringing in an overwhelming amount of talent they never won squat. Same with D2.

I have zero issue with them being on top. On top of D4. Stop acting like because they play a few D1 schools they would win D1. They couldn't with more loaded teams than they have this season.

Funny that so many have to give qualifiers before daring to talk about Glenville.

There is no way to spin Glenville being in D4 in terms of their talent vs. the rest of D4. The Tarblooders were already loaded and then they add the most explosive player of the D1 champion from last season.
It's the same as Eds now and Ignatius before them. The privates do it too. Neither can talk about each other in a bad way.

It's the same as Eds now and Ignatius before them. The privates do it too. Neither can talk about each other in a bad way.
I wasn't talking about them in a bad way. Ignatius and Eds didn't have loaded teams playing in D4.

Glenville is a very sensitive subject, clearly. Can't comment on anything unless it's gushing praise for the school and the coach.

I wasn't talking about them in a bad way. Ignatius and Eds didn't have loaded teams playing in D4.

Glenville is a very sensitive subject, clearly. Can't comment on anything unless it's gushing praise for the school and the coach.
You can rip them all you want. But you won't get any sympathy considering you are representing a mini college playing high school sports

If they beat all 3 you would have a argument.
I’m saying top 10 no matter what
Why did you leave off IMG in your what ifs?
You conceding that game already?
What if they beat IMG? That would be nuts!
But at least they scheduled them.
To many variables what if Avon is 5/5 or Hoban can’t move the ball without Mr Ohio.
You can only play with what’s on schedule.
And Glenville found a way to get rid of one of the cupcakes off their schedule and replace it with top tier competition. Now they need to find a way to move up to D-2!

Dex- Ginn Academy is using the biggest loophole you can use. By them not having to add their enrollment numbers to Glenville's numbers they get to play D-4. If the Ginn Academy petitioned to have a football team, they would have to play D-7. What's division is better? I think if you would have to combine the enrollment numbers together Glenville would be D-1 or D-2. So as you say they are perplexed at why they can't play D-1 or
D-2. Close the Ginn Academy and go back to just being Glenville. Oh wait. Then Ted Ginn couldn't recruit the state. Needs to play the private school game but doesn't have to play by all of the rules. What other private school gets to play at the local public school without some type of stipulation? The best of both worlds. They're able to: "eat the cake too" Not many others get that chance. If at all.

I would not play IMG, no matter what high school I was. They play by a totally different set of rules and there is no way I would give them a free look at my team so they can get on the best underclass kid’s Twitter the next day and start working on getting them on IMG’s team next season.

Dex- Ginn Academy is using the biggest loophole you can use. By them not having to add their enrollment numbers to Glenville's numbers they get to play D-4. If the Ginn Academy petitioned to have a football team, they would have to play D-7. What's division is better? I think if you would have to combine the enrollment numbers together Glenville would be D-1 or D-2. So as you say they are perplexed at why they can't play D-1 or
D-2. Close the Ginn Academy and go back to just being Glenville. Oh wait. Then Ted Ginn couldn't recruit the state. Needs to play the private school game but doesn't have to play by all of the rules. What other private school gets to play at the local public school without some type of stipulation? The best of both worlds. They're able to: "eat the cake too" Not many others get that chance. If at all.
Ginn Academy opened in 2005, I believe. Glenville High School was DI at the time. So how could Ginn have been gaming the system when Glenville was in the highest classification at the time of the Ginn Academy's opening? Ginn Academy a separate school that does not offer sports. It is not apart of Glenville High. Ginn Academy students live all over the CMSD, not just in Glenville. Any Ginn Academy student that wants to play sports has to play for the high school closest to their residence. So all the Ginn Academy students who are on Glenville's football team live in the Glenville High School zone. What "loophole" are you talking about?

Right. Massillon beats IMG by 3 scores maybe 4 and still gets rolled by Hoban in the playoffs. Nice little WR you guys just grabbed from Pick North.
Yep, we "grabbed" him. Wish we were doing as well as you guys in the "grabbing" department though, a D good luck to you navigating....oh yeah....D4.

Ginn Academy opened in 2005, I believe. Glenville High School was DI at the time. So how could Ginn have been gaming the system when Glenville was in the highest classification at the time of the Ginn Academy's opening? Ginn Academy a separate school that does not offer sports. It is not apart of Glenville High. Ginn Academy students live all over the CMSD, not just in Glenville. Any Ginn Academy student that wants to play sports has to play for the high school closest to their residence. So all the Ginn Academy students who are on Glenville's football team live in the Glenville High School zone. What "loophole" are you talking about?
You mean they all have addresses in the Glenville zone! Don’t kid yourself, another nameless coaxh at another school used to help kids out with apartments. So it happens. More power to Glenville but don’t put your head in sand. I know of plenty of kids at Glenville that sleep in suburbs every night. So stop it. Move on to another topic. Because as strong as you feel and pretend everything is perfect. I’m well aware of kids that never set foot in Glenville area except school and sports. Let’s just talk about how good Glenville is and how many kids they help. And how we can get them into D-2 or D-1 again.

Yeah, there were definitely people who questioned those teams during those years, and Steubenville was a little higher than D4 for a few of those years, quite a few in D3 if I remember right.

However, this happens all the time just different teams throughout the OHSAA history. However, this one is a little more pronounced because of the amount of D1 offered talent on the roster compared the two teams you mentioned and the fact that these kids post on social media like its a college commitment when they transfer (not just to glenville, there was a hilarious one of a kid tweeting he was transferring to Hoban a few years ago.)

At the end of the day, it will be what it will be. I thought Glenville was an exciting team to watch last year because of the talent they had. One of the fastest defenses to the ball I had seen in a while. I would love to see them in the D2 post season but we will get a little taste of what that would look like in the regular season.

Lets be honest, there won't be a team in D4 who can match the talent Glenville has, now, thats not to say they can't be beat, but it will surely be a tall tall task if the talent level is the same or higher than last year for Glenville.

Nah, Ginn is a leader of men and cares about much more than football. Young men want to play for him and go on play college ball, Moore will never come close to Ginn. I couldn’t care less what division Glenville is placed in, I care about them winning games and getting kids (my son included) to the next level and preparing them for life. That said, we have some tough games on the schedule let’s see how we navigate em. Massillon’s schedule other than Ed’s is weak AF and it’s a 100% Ted reached out to Moore to play this Fall, again not saying Moore is scared to play us but wouldn’t you rather see the Tigers play The Ville rather than weak teams from DC, GA, Canada, and DE? Massillon is a NEO public and I pull for all of them, best of luck this season my guy!

Ginn HAS TO care about more than football, and does appear to be a good man. The situations some of these kids come from are horrible, like living in Canton. As far a Moore never coming g close to Ginn, LOL....Glenville has forever played in the Cleveland Senate League and you want to talk about weak schedules? You're adorable. I would also encourage you to brush up on your cities, states....and COUNTRIES as Massillon does not play a team from Canada.

LMAO, kids everywhere come from horrible situations. The facts are the majority of kids

LMAO, kids everywhere come from horrible situations. The facts are the majority of kids that play for Glenville come from two parent households and ideal situations, like my son for example, pretty sure he wouldn’t trade places with any kid that attends Massillon. I’ve only been to Massillon a few times but it seems pretty low tier to me, at least compared to how I grew up and my current lifestyle. All that said totally agree with the Senate being absolute garbage that’s why we tried to go Independent but was only able to shave two league games. I think you’d agree no school in the state has a tougher non league schedule than the Tarblooders, and we tried to add your Tigers. I thought you guys played a Canadian team, oops you guys play *checks notes* Elkhart, IN a trash team that lost their first playoff game. Way to duck the power teams in Indian, lol. And you guys have the weakest team of the out of state teams in the weak one showcase. I really hope, we get our hands on the Tigers. But for now I’ll settle for the 7v7 next months.
“LOL” “pretty low tier” Be serious!

Yes. I grew up in Merriman Woods on Merriman Rd and where I live now is very nice as well. Not that nice though, lol. Massillon isn’t known in NEO as being affluent or upscale which is ok. Back to football, I’m hoping the Tarblooders and Tigers can meet on the field in 2024. That would be an insane display of talent.

LMAO, kids everywhere come from horrible situations. The facts are the majority of kids

LMAO, kids everywhere come from horrible situations. The facts are the majority of kids that play for Glenville come from two parent households and ideal situations, like my son for example, pretty sure he wouldn’t trade places with any kid that attends Massillon. I’ve only been to Massillon a few times but it seems pretty low tier to me, at least compared to how I grew up and my current lifestyle. All that said totally agree with the Senate being absolute garbage that’s why we tried to go Independent but was only able to shave two league games. I think you’d agree no school in the state has a tougher non league schedule than the Tarblooders, and we tried to add your Tigers. I thought you guys played a Canadian team, oops you guys play *checks notes* Elkhart, IN a trash team that lost their first playoff game. Way to duck the power teams in Indian, lol. And you guys have the weakest team of the out of state teams in the weak one showcase. I really hope, we get our hands on the Tigers. But for now I’ll settle for the 7v7 next months.

Please compare these stats from the United States Census Bureau—QuickFacts page comparing the City of Massillon to the City of Cleveland. No comparison.

Ok. Like I said, the house and neighborhood where I grew up and where I live now is not a comparison to Massillon. So not sure why I care about comparing Massillon and Cleveland. Back to the football though. How do you Glenville will do against Hoban?
A thought Glenville was in the city of Cleveland.🤷🏻‍♂️ Congrats to where you grew up, who cares.

As a St Edward graduate and lifetime supporter of the school and football program I wish Kyan the very best moving forward. I really enjoyed watching him at St Edward. I wish he didn't leave St Edward, but it's his decision. I remember him as a sophomore going back to return a kick off in the playoffs. I thought, are they really going to kick to him? Big mistake. He took it for a TD. Followed up with another one next week. An electric player. His best catch as a WR was down the middle against Ignatius in the regular season matchup for a TD in 2022 going up and taking it away from the Ignatius defender. Really set the tone for that game. He played FS as a sophomore in the 2021 D1 title game. No one was going to run past Kyan. Good luck Kyan.

You mean they all have addresses in the Glenville zone! Don’t kid yourself, another nameless coaxh at another school used to help kids out with apartments. So it happens. More power to Glenville but don’t put your head in sand. I know of plenty of kids at Glenville that sleep in suburbs every night. So stop it. Move on to another topic. Because as strong as you feel and pretend everything is perfect. I’m well aware of kids that never set foot in Glenville area except school and sports. Let’s just talk about how good Glenville is and how many kids they help. And how we can get them into D-2 or D-1 again.
I know a kid that plays for Glenville and goes to Ginn Academy but lives in Summit County.....figure that one out.

Who is the kid? Let me guess you won’t say…
Please don’t say a child’s name that is gaming the system. It’s the parents not the child. Please don’t say names. Zack morris is either delusional or very uninformed. I personally know of kids from south Euclid , Euclid, maple, Solon, Richmond hts, Cleveland hts, twinsburg even a Lorain kid.
if he actually believes year after year for the last 20 years east 60th to east 105. (I know those are not exact streets just using for example). Provide 100 D-1 athletes and 20 plus nfl players. I’ve got a bridge to sell him. They all had addresses not sleeping in district or paying taxes. Once again not hating gives lots of children opportunity.
but it is taking away opportunity of D-4 schools winning state titles.
Those small D-4 school kids not D-1 college players their only thing is trying to win a title. But that can’t happen with Glenville at D-4.
lastly. Please please don’t mention children names that might or might not be gaming system. That’s on OHSSA not keyboard warriors. To expose children. Enjoy your day stop all this arguing
Season is right around corner

It’s getting worse because what is happening is a bunch of BS. From the recruiting to the fudged enrollment to win a title.

bottom line - first, kids don’t leave D1 schools to go to Glenville and compete in D4. I don’t care who the coach is. Second, Ginn may be a good man and help out at risk kids but he is playing the system for himself. That’s the only reason they fudge to get into d4. Last years championship and any future championships will be thought of as PHONY to any and all HSFB fans and coaches around the state. Until they play by the same rules as everyone else that is.

Not whining. Just stating facts. OHSAA is supposed to give a level playing field with competitive balance. It was done to compensate for the private schools and give the public schools a chance. Now Glenville plays the loophole game and gives the public schools a black eye again. Everyone sees it as it was the talk of canton last year everywhere but on the Glenville side. Trash!

That would require an analysis of the bylaws which, admittedly, I don't have a thorough grasp of. Seems to me the primary accusation being levied against Glenville in this thread is that they aren't accurately reporting their competitive balance figures. Seems like that would be problematic, but I don't actually know if that is a violation of any written rule. I'm sure someone could chime in with that answer. You've indicated that Ginn Academy students who elect to play extracurriculars must do so for the school within their home attendance zone (whether that be city or suburb). I assume that may be a written bylaw by the OHSAA as it relates to charter/magnet schools who don't offer their own extracurricular sports, but again, someone else with knowledge of the facts could speak to that.

Another poster on this thread indicates he doesn't live in Glenville but is sending his son to Ginn Academy and will play for the Glenville football team. He also states that the entire team attends Ginn Academy. Violation of the rules? Maybe. Personally, I have no issue with kids wanting to attend the Ginn Academy and play for Glenville. But at a minimum, Glenville should be reporting a competitive balance figure of more than the "0" they reported this past year.

For a couple marquee sports we could now be in the era of the mid to small sized urban pubs as the dominate teams in the lower Division levels. Richmond Hts in hoops is the other prime example of a very small urban public school with a low competitive balance balance number that has key contributors that played for another team last year that are not being counted for competitive balance or not having to sit out past the mid way mark of the season. How does a player who was at a private school last year and lived all their life in a suburb transfer to Ginn and call it his home district for a full season of eligibility? I am actually all for this but if that is the case then allow privates the same right. Not sure the folks in Wayne County had this in mind when they cooked up the current multiplier system...