2023 Dead Celebrities/Athletes

Marty Kroftt

After reading the article I'm astonished that I watched every show of theirs with one exception...I never heard of it. And, of course, I never knew until now they had an adult puppet show...that was incredibly successful. 🤷‍♂️

I had absolutely ZERO idea that Henry Kissinger was still alive ... until his death was announced a few minutes ago
Same, many times you see these people and they leave the public limelight for decades and we assume they passed away.

I had absolutely ZERO idea that Henry Kissinger was still alive ... until his death was announced a few minutes ago
Back in the day one of Howard Stern's best bits was celebrity dead or alive. I was shocked how many of these folks just fade away and you forget about them.

While somewhat flawed I actually thought Kissinger was a great statesman, did more good than bad when you think about it. But the old school Berkley left is all over this day and beating him up while the body is still warm. Lead editorial in the NY Times is title "Henry Kissinger, the Hypocrite." Back in the 2016 primary Bernie used the fact that Hillary consulted with him while Secretary of State as a campaign point against her. I think it is time to move on...

Shane McGowan of The Pogues, 65

Don't know much about The Pogues, but McGowan was my age (actually a year younger). Way too soon. Tomorrow is not promised.

Never really watched anything he was in, with the exception of "The Games". Can't picture that youthful face being 82.

Never really watched anything he was in, with the exception of "The Games". Can't picture that youthful face being 82.
Guest starred as a young newlywed on Leave it to Beaver. Ward and June were afraid he might influence Wally to consider marriage.

"many will remember him for his ferocious portrayal as Detective Frank Pembleton in the NBC drama Homicide: Life on the Street. Put him in the box, sweating out and outsmarting crime suspects in the interrogation room, and you were looking at a weekly dose of tour de force acting, as good as it got on television during that period of time."

"many will remember him for his ferocious portrayal as Detective Frank Pembleton in the NBC drama Homicide: Life on the Street. Put him in the box, sweating out and outsmarting crime suspects in the interrogation room, and you were looking at a weekly dose of tour de force acting, as good as it got on television during that period of time."
Huge fan of Braugher. Seems as if he played characters older than him. Was 31 when he started as Pemberton.
I thought he gave an interesting performance as Jackie Robinson. Usually Robinson comes off as cerebral and non exactly intimidating. Braugher played him with the intensity of Pemberton. It was The Court Martial of Jackie Robinson. So, no baseball, but Lt Robinson

Dang. My favorite character in the history of television. I always wanted to make a movie with him as Pembleton with the opening scene of him investigating the scene of a crime with a cigarette hanging from his mouth and talking at the same time.

Loved him in Glory.
😕