2023 Dead Celebrities/Athletes

yes but he had moved past much of it and it was not related to his death.
I'll wait to see the cause of death. Nobody who has ever had substance addiction is ever fully past it. I do hope he was doing well and died peacefully of natural causes but I suspect we'll hear of a relapse.

Matthew Perry, ‘Friends’ actor, dies of apparent drowning at 54

Matthew Perry was found dead Saturday of an apparent drowning at his Pacific Palisades home, a representative for the actor and a law enforcement source say.

Perry was 54.

It's unclear how the actor known for his role as one of the core "Friends," NBC's generation X sitcom from the '90s, died.

His death was treated as a water rescue, according to a law enforcement source.

There was no apparent foul play, the source said.

Cardiac arrest while in a hot tub. His body had taken much over the years.
My first thought when I heard about where he was. Any prescribed meds might have made it worse.

Reminded me of some Western episode (Hec Ramsey?) where a younger man dies of heart failure, and Hec suspected poison. Turned out he had joined some local Indians in their sweat lodge, which lowered his blood pressure, made him pass out, and he just never woke up. The locals were used to the heat, but his body couldn't take it.

Last edited:
Bob Knight, one of the greatest and most controversial coaches in basketball history, has died at 83 years old.

“It is with heavy hearts that we share that Coach Bob Knight passed away at his home in Bloomington surrounded by his family,” Knight’s

Bob Knight, one of the greatest and most controversial coaches in basketball history, has died at 83 years old.

“It is with heavy hearts that we share that Coach Bob Knight passed away at his home in Bloomington surrounded by his family,” Knight’s
This one hurts thavoice. I don't blink an eye when someone dies I don't know but Coach Knight, man this one gets me in the feels.

Every IU game was on local TV as a kid and didn't miss a game. Learned how to set the VCR timer so I could tape the Bob Knight show when I went to church on Sunday.

When he was forced out of IU, I went as well and tried to get on board with his former player Woodson as the coach.

So many great stories about Coach and I feel we need more tough nosed people like him. He donated endless dollars, helped so many of his former players over the years.

Neat Lil local story....he interviewed for the Celina HS hoops coach back in the day.....but when told he also had to coach another sport he turned it down.

Coach Knight IS Hoosier basketball

Rest easy Coach, we'll miss ya.

My first thought when I heard about where he was. Any prescribed meds might have made it worse.

Reminded me of some Western episode (Hec Ramsey?) where a younger man dies of heart failure, and Hec suspected poison. Turned out he had joined some local Indians in their sweat lodge, which lowered his blood pressure, made him pass out, and he just never woke up. The locals were used to the heat, but his body couldn't take it.
Some speculation that Matthew Perry was taking Suboxone, for opioid addiction. Suboxone and hot tubs are a dangerous mix according to the experts.

Seen a lot of stuff recently on Knight some good and a lot that is down right awful, kind of like his hero Woody hays. On the positive is his take on Michael Jordan that he was the best basketball player that he saw play the game before he even stepped on a NBA court, that aged well. On the negative was his interview with Connie Chung and his quote on rape, you can spin as much as you want but it still should never been mentioned the way he did.

Here's a goodstory from 2015 about Bobby's reunion with his first team, the 62-63 Cuyahoga Falls JV-

Love this, thanks for sharing. Imagine being a 14-15 year old Jv player and Knight was your coach!

Seen a lot of stuff recently on Knight some good and a lot that is down right awful, kind of like his hero Woody hays. On the positive is his take on Michael Jordan that he was the best basketball player that he saw play the game before he even stepped on a NBA court, that aged well. On the negative was his interview with Connie Chung and his quote on rape, you can spin as much as you want but it still should never been mentioned the way he did.
I will not deny Knight put his foot in his mouth more than a few times, including the Chung interview. Knight could be a wise guy and he tried to inject some humor into interviews when he felt like it, just a poor analogy. But I want you to understand that ALOT, I mean ALOT of the media went after Knight purposely and trigged alot of what happened with him. His "goods" many of which was never publicized far outweighed the "bads" and many of the players who played for him and guys who coached with him loved him and respected the way he treated them. It was a different time and in some ways, that discipline is missing in many of today's young people's lives.