2023 Benedictine Football

Game will be shown at 10:30 pm tonight at the following link:

Thanks. I’m watching now. From what I’m seeing, Benedictine ran out of gas. It wasn’t because Hudson was that much deeper. Looks like Hudson had a ton of kids playing both ways. They were just better conditioned. But man, Benedictine took it to them for a little over 3 qtrs. Nothing to hang their heads over.

Would have been nice to get the win, but still a good effort by the players,and coaching staff. Probably the best overall game of the season,against a quality opponent like Hudson. Myself, I wouldn't have went for 2 at that point. But,the defense seemed to be wearing down some in the 4th quarter, and may have been worth the chance. Benny was a 27 point underdog going in,so to lose by 1 in ot is nothing to feel bad about.

if prevesk ever wants a shot at taking this team far, he has to give up the play sheet. It is not a head coaches job to run the offense and Joe p has never attacked the middle of the field. (Run a slant for crying out loud) As a head coach, the man is good at running practices and keeping the guys together, but if he really wants to succeed, he should not be calling the plays

Tough to blame the staff when this team greatly overachieved this season compared to last. Seems like a cop out. However the offense left alot to be desired. The defense carried this team all season and played excellent for the most part. Would be pretty hard to put the blame there
Agree, both defense and offense both have improvements to be made. Even with two blocked extra points, I wouldn’t have went for 2 either but they did. Disappointed for the team, would have been nice to get the W and another week to compete. The future looks good, I still don’t think we should be D2. This young team competed in most of their games and with their youth, these MOB will only continue to improve.

Tough to blame the staff when this team greatly overachieved this season compared to last. Seems like a cop out. However the offense left alot to be desired. The defense carried this team all season and played excellent for the most part. Would be pretty hard to put the blame there
Kick the extra point.

Kick the extra point.
Agree even though it’s not a guarantee either,m since the previous extra point was blocked seamlessly. I say stay safe go up 7 and either win or go double OT. Aggressive coaching results in either big wins or losses. We can play devils advocate here and say all we want but there was also a chance Hudson scores and goes for 2 and win the game. Rough loss for sure, either way, they played well and finished stronger than they were.

I say the 6 Santa elves wearing stripes contributed more to the “Merry Christmas”. 🤭 - but no sense in further discussing it since the season is over. Go Bengals 2024!
Didn’t know the refs were playing defense for the Bengals in the 4th qtr and OT. Missed that.

Didn’t know the refs were playing defense for the Bengals in the 4th qtr and OT. Missed that.
🤣🤣🤣 you missed a lot if you think Hudson won the game for themselves, they had a lot of “help” hands down. Our defense had a great game and our offense should have scored 35 last night. Not sure what game you were watching. You must have been grabbing a snack for the end of the game. Hudson’s offense didn’t look like a #3 seed last night. Bengals deserved that game hands down. Merry Xmas was the perfect statement.

🤣🤣🤣 you missed a lot if you think Hudson won the game for themselves, they had a lot of “help” hands down. Our defense had a great game and our offense should have scored 35 last night. Not sure what game you were watching. You must have been grabbing a snack for the end of the game. Hudson’s offense didn’t look like a #3 seed last night. Bengals deserved that game hands down. Merry Xmas was the perfect statement.
The Bengal defense was gassed by the fourth quarter. This isn’t one of Hudson’s better teams in the last 10 years, but they’re always well conditioned. Only losers lane refs for a loss.

The Bengal defense was gassed by the fourth quarter. This isn’t one of Hudson’s better teams in the last 10 years, but they’re always well conditioned. Only losers lane refs for a loss.
I agree with our defense being gassed. Can't blame the refs. When you have a 2 touchdown lead in the 4th qtr, you should win the game. Do you think this was one of Benedictines better teams? These past 2 years have been among the weakest.

Don’t agree that our defense was gassed. I believe we had some questionable calls on the field at crucial times at the end of the game. They are not to blame for our loss they helped with it. Kicking an extra point along with better time sensitive missed calls would have awarded us the win we deserved. This team is also not one of our better teams, they are young and played a great game.

Good season bouncing back from 0-10. We've got a lot of guys coming back in the skill position next year but we are losing our 3 best o lineman. I think the first thing Prevesk should do is really invest in a true strength & conditioning coach/program. Hoban is a great example of what a great strength & conditioning program can do for a team.

Good season bouncing back from 0-10. We've got a lot of guys coming back in the skill position next year but we are losing our 3 best o lineman. I think the first thing Prevesk should do is really invest in a true strength & conditioning coach/program. Hoban is a great example of what a great strength & conditioning program can do for a team.
Spot on. Been saying this for a long time. It's up to the people running the school to invest in one.

Didnt see the game, but Benny missed 2 PAT's earlier and people are upset they went for 2? Make it make sense. same people who would be saying "great call" had they converted. Also, the same people who would have said "we should have gone for 2" if they would have missed the 3rd one. Its really easy to make coaching decisions from behind a keyboard. Going for 2 is the 100% the right call

I Applaud Coach Prevesk. It took guts to make some of the decisions he made Friday night. The Bengals played their hearts out. Never blinked. Awesome to see this team grow throughout the season. There is a lot to build on for next season. Freshman looked good. Returning players will be seasoned. As for the 4th quarter. One of Benedictine's key players had to go out on Hudson's game tying drive. He was responsible for shutting down Hudson's top receiver. When he went out, Hudson ran 4 straight plays at the backup corner. 1 pass interference call against the sub put the ball at the Bengals 45 yard line. Next play sweep to the same side for a TD. Tough not being in the game, at all, then being forced into action against the other team's best receiver. Remember the players are still kids, not NFL paid athletes. At some point in overtime, you have to go for a 2-point conversion. You're on the road. Might as well do what you can to win right now. Gutsy call. If the Bengals would have scored on that play you all would be singing a different tune today. If you were at the game, you would have seen Hudson was successfully running a QB sneak from the 2–3-yard line & scoring. Philidelphia Eagles style of play. That said. A 2-point conversion for Hudson would have been 90% success rate.
Coach Prevesk & Staff. Outstanding Game! To All Players. Great Job. Giving All you Had! Benedictine Football is on the mend.

I agree with our defense being gassed. Can't blame the refs. When you have a 2 touchdown lead in the 4th qtr, you should win the game. Do you think this was one of Benedictines better teams? These past 2 years have been among the weakest.
Don’t know much about Benedictine other than they have a great history. I commented that this isn’t one of Hudson better teams. Benedictine outplayed Hudson for three quarters, no doubt.

Agree, they need to get bigger and stronger. It’s not just football, school needs to invest in athletics overall.
Nice to agree on something. It all starts with the monks. Its their school. Doubt they care all that much about athletics. I would be shocked if they ever hired a full time strength coach. Someone that has credentials, and really knows what hes doing,to properly train the kids.

Didnt see the game, but Benny missed 2 PAT's earlier and people are upset they went for 2? Make it make sense. same people who would be saying "great call" had they converted. Also, the same people who would have said "we should have gone for 2" if they would have missed the 3rd one. Its really easy to make coaching decisions from behind a keyboard. Going for 2 is the 100% the right call
Couldn't agree more. Everyone here would be applauding Benedictine's aggressiveness and playing to win had they converted.