#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State (Atlanta, GA)

so man of great wisdom, who would you put in the 4 spots???
Georgia, Michigan, Utah, TCU. The three best conference champions plus a team that went 12-0 in the regular season and lost their conference championship game in OT.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Of the top 20 draftable players among the 4 playoff teams, Ohio St has 7, Georgia 6 per Todd McShay.

So, perhaps there is a difference in evaluations or different ways of interpreting the data, but I don't think you will have a lot of company with this opinion.

OSU doesn't have a talent problem. They have, I believe, some combination of execution, between the ears, injury, and offensive play calling problems. Their talent is why they got through 11 games unscathed.

The good news is all of those problems can be addressed, if not solved, in a month - at least well enough to win 2 games.

If it's a talent problem, that can't be fixed by NYE. But by all metrics of measuring talent I am aware of, that's not the Buckeyes' issue.
your sentence which begins " OSU doesn't have a talent problem" is spot on...... they have talent all over the field.....

Georgia, Michigan, Utah, TCU. The three best conference champions plus a team that went 12-0 in the regular season and lost their conference championship game in OT.

so give me your take on Utah? you want a 3 loss team , that just beat a USC team in the championships?

so give me your take on Utah? you want a 3 loss team , that just beat a USC team in the championships?
Yes. Beat USC twice, including going away in the Pac 12 title game … a game that much resembled the Michigan-Ohio State game, honestly, except OSU’s QB was healthy and USC’s wasn’t after a quarter.

Utah was the only team all year that crushed Oregon State. Blew out the teams on their schedule that they were supposed to.

Their three losses were all on the road to solid or good teams, two at night. Had the balls to start their season in The Swamp at night. Losses were by a FG at Florida, a FG at Oregon, and 10 at UCLA.

Played a way tougher schedule than Ohio State, and now it shows because they are battle tested and ready for big games. Tough team, tough coach, physical style, would give any team in the CFP a run for its money.

There’s a lot to like about this Utah team. And the second-best conference (by far) should be represented by one of its members in the CFP.

Yes. Beat USC twice, including going away in the Pac 12 title game … a game that much resembled the Michigan-Ohio State game, honestly, except OSU’s QB was healthy and USC’s wasn’t after a quarter.

Utah was the only team all year that crushed Oregon State. Blew out the teams on their schedule that they were supposed to.

Their three losses were all on the road to solid or good teams, two at night. Had the balls to start their season in The Swamp at night. Losses were by a FG at Florida, a FG at Oregon, and 10 at UCLA.

Played a way tougher schedule than Ohio State, and now it shows because they are battle tested and ready for big games. Tough team, tough coach, physical style, would give any team in the CFP a run for its money.

There’s a lot to like about this Utah team. And the second-best conference (by far) should be represented by one of its members in the CFP.

I saw a lot of Pac-12 games. Penn State or Tennessee probably could have won that conference this year. Your hatred/jealousy of OSU has blinded you to reality on the topic.

the PAC 12 a tough league? not so sure about that, i do believe they are a tough team, but they beat a Caleb williams, team , that was playing on one leg.........if they were so good... how did they end up with 3 losses? didn't know that night games are extra tough? and FLA is NOT a very good program right now, and hasn't been for years.....

and again... if they were SO DAM tough, how did they end up with 3 LOSSES?

so let it be said, so let it be done........ they had THREE LOSSES!!!!!

Reactions: y2h
I saw a lot of Pac-12 games. Penn State or Tennessee probably could have won that conference this year. Your hatred/jealousy of OSU has blinded you to reality on the topic.
HE SHOWS his lack of knowledge by saying a 3 LOSS TEAM should be in the final 4!!!! he is basing it off a usc team that had a weak defense and played with their QB playing on one leg!!!

your sentence which begins " OSU doesn't have a talent problem" is spot on...... they have talent all over the field.....
No they don't sec. is bad. JSN is not playing. Look at 2014 team: Apple, Bell, Bosa, Brown, Cambell, Decker, Eflein, Elliot, Lattimore, Hubbard Samuel, Hueraman, Spencer, Vannet, all played in the NFL and I am sure I missed a few. That team had talent across the board. Recruiting needs to be better and the coaching needs to be better. Fortunately this is a very weak CFP field with UGA the favorite but not head and shoulders above the other teams. Plus, OSU has more talent than TTUN and how that game turn out, OSU will need to be able to run the football if OSU can't rush for at least 150 yds. they will lose.

Last edited:
No they don't sec. is bad. JSN is not playing. Look at 2014 team: Apple, Bell, Bosa, Brown, Cambell, Decker, Eflein, Elliot, Lattimore, Hubbard Samuel, Hueraman, Spenser, Vannet, all played in the NFL and I am sure I missed a few. That team had talent across the board. Recruiting needs to be better and the coaching needs to be better. Fortunately this is a very weak CFP field with UGA the favorite but not head and shoulders above the other teams. Plus, OSU has more talent than TTUN and how that game turn out, OSU will need to be able to run the football if OSU can't rush for at least 150 yds. they will lose.
not sure what the 2014 team has to do with this years team, i do agree that coaching needs to be better, and i think they have the coaches in place that will make it happen, not sure if Knowles is satisfied with the type of players he needs to play his current style of D, but he has to use the players that were in place when he got here. but talent wise , if you go by the so called ratings of the players when they came here, their is TALENT all over this roster......lots of time it came down to the bucks winning the recruiting game against SEC type programs who came in second. i do believe we either weak in the secondary by they cover, but they have TWO proven coaches in the secondary that a lot of other teams wanted...

Expanded cannot come soon enough. We need a system that sets in stone the bulk of the teams by winning their leagues.

Bamas 2 losses do look like a better than OSU season ..but who knows...
Correct OSU was underdog to Bammy in 14 even though the Bucks probably had more talent.

not sure what the 2014 team has to do with this years team, i do agree that coaching needs to be better, and i think they have the coaches in place that will make it happen, not sure if Knowles is satisfied with the type of players he needs to play his current style of D, but he has to use the players that were in place when he got here. but talent wise , if you go by the so called ratings of the players when they came here, their is TALENT all over this roster......lots of time it came down to the bucks winning the recruiting game against SEC type programs who came in second. i do believe we either weak in the secondary by they cover, but they have TWO proven coaches in the secondary that a lot of other teams wanted...
No there is not the sec. is bad. Who is playing at rb Hayden, Traynanum they are not top talent.

NO, he is a linebacker playing TE and it shows.
so Stover has 35 catches and 5 TD's and have read articles, where NFL scouts possibly have him as one of the 4 buckeyes going in the first round...... with Stroud, jaxon-smith, Paris Johnson... maybe you should just stick to evaluting HS linebackers....LOL!!

No there is not the sec. is bad. Who is playing at rb Hayden, Traynanum they are not top talent.
well lets see, you have Henderson and Pryor at Rb who are BOTH injured, Williams has been playing hurt the last 7-8 games, Hayden is a TRUE freshman, that was highly reguarded... played well against Maryland and still haven't heard why he didn't play much against Michigan....... and Traynamum stepped away from being a linebacker ( former RB also) to help with depth....... when healthy most college teams would love to have that stable of rb's.

Mr. irrelevant is starting this week for the 49ers so anything is possible but Stover is not a good blocker in space and he dropped 3 passes vs TTUN. I hope I am wrong I want OSU players to succeed not fail.
I agree that he played like shiz in The Game. That's not in doubt. But I disagree with you other premise. If you watch the film, he actually blocks well in space and at the second level. He seems to struggle in getting his head around to locate the ball on shorter routes over the middle. Either way, he's already out performed Ruckert statistically, who was a 3rd Round pick last year.

They actually average more yards passing per game than rushing.
Well, almost everyone does because of the nature of yards per carry vs yards per catch.

But my point was they do it mainly with 3 things in combination: rushing, TEs, and solid QB play. I didn't mean to imply they do it mainly by running the ball.

In two years your nonsense will be moot. But I suppose you will be telling us why 13-25 were more deserving than every other at large.

It's a sickness that you can probably get help with. :)

Is it an advantage for OSU that they didn't have a game last weekend? Extra week to hopefully get some players healthy and avoided a chance of more injuries. Extra game to have film to study their opponent. Concerned about Fleming. He must be a practice warrior.He has been inconsistent in many games. With all the 5 stars recruits at wide receiver who is next in line? You one think one of the nonstarters would have taken a leap up the roster this year.

Last edited:
Is it an advantage for OSU that they didn't have a game last weekend? Extra week to hopefully get some players healthy and avoided a chance of more injuries. Extra game to have film to study their opponent. Concerned about Fleming. He must be a practice warrior.cHe has been inconsistent in a many games. With all the 5 stars recruits at wide receiver who is next in line? You one think one of the nonstarters would have taken a leap up the roster this year.
Hopefully no injuries between now and the CFP.

Kevin Wilson to Tulsa. Not sure how I feel about that because I'm not sure how much control he had over the Ohio State offense. Great offensive mind, no doubt.

Another thing that caught my eye was Erick All announcing his transfer from Michigan after a back injury and surgery. He thanked the Michigan fan base, acknowledged they wouldn't understand the why, but said, "not everything/everyone are what they seem and I learned that in my time at Michigan." Hmmm. Trouble in the northern paradise?

I agree that he played like shiz in The Game. That's not in doubt. But I disagree with you other premise. If you watch the film, he actually blocks well in space and at the second level. He seems to struggle in getting his head around to locate the ball on shorter routes over the middle. Either way, he's already out performed Ruckert statistically, who was a 3rd Round pick last year.
you are correct, he didn't play well in that game, my gosh 3 drops...shitz does happen, but i think he is one of the better TE blockers the Bucks have had......who knows where he will go in the draft, but he has good hands, is a PHYSICAL player, and is a TEAM player.....

Kevin Wilson to Tulsa. Not sure how I feel about that because I'm not sure how much control he had over the Ohio State offense. Great offensive mind, no doubt.

Another thing that caught my eye was Erick All announcing his transfer from Michigan after a back injury and surgery. He thanked the Michigan fan base, acknowledged they wouldn't understand the why, but said, "not everything/everyone are what they seem and I learned that in my time at Michigan." Hmmm. Trouble in the northern paradise?
i saw the same quote..... would love to hear a little more about it........

there are over 900 players now in the transfer portal, including 9 Bama players?

just looked , Hayden had offeres from Tenn, Oregon, Penn State, Auburn, ND, Fla and Georgia.... to name a few.....so yes, i would say he is TOP talent...... i wished the Pryor kid would have been able to play this year, i hope he can come back from injury, and now i have heard that Henderson has been playing with a fractured foot, who by the way was considered either Number 1 or number 2 RB coming out of HS....

so does this give Hartline the opportunity to get the OC job at Tosu?

I don't mind the move at all. There are several staffers that are well-regarded that need to move into elevated roles, IMO. It also allows Day to move some pieces around if he chooses. Frankly, Stroud talks about Todd Fitch (who has been an OC at 6 different places) and Keenan Bailey more than Corey Dennis. And Bailey is thought of as a huge asset to the offense inside the program. Frye has also brought fresh ideas with him from UCLA. I'm excited to see how things develop now.

Coincidentally, Trent Dilfer has already started poaching OSU program assistants for his new gig at UAB. He has already taken Reilly Jeffers and Miguel Patrick. Who saw that coming? Lol.

so does this give Hartline the opportunity to get the OC job at Tosu?
That's what I'm thinking - maybe to keep him there for a while longer. It's a figurehead position (OC) to a degree anyway as long Day is doing the playcalling.