#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State (Atlanta, GA)

They have at times. They did well against Tennessee - which would be comparable to to Ohio State. Last week, once the game was decided vs LSU, they gave up a pile of yards to the backup QB. If you are a GA fan, you might say they had prepared for Daniels, not the backup, the game was over at halftime, and the yards ceded were a product of all of that.

I would look at it from the opposite direction: if CJ is on and throwing into tight windows and the receivers are catching, it doesn't matter what Georgia does. Of course, the problem is doing that after not seeing CJ do it as well the last half of the season.

I also think the GA offense and the play of Stetson Bennett is a big factor. We have seen them struggle and be pedestrian at times - vs Kentucky as the latest example in a 16-6 win. But when that offense and Bennett plays well, it's kinda scary. Ohio St would obviously benefit from a more pedestrian effort.
looked at some of their STATS, seems like Bennett does NOT run the ball much, which is a positive for the Bucks, but does play well in BIG games..

Emotion plays a large role in big college football games. Hopefully, Urban is heading to Columbus to give the team a pep talk because I am not sure Day is all that great at getting the players up for big games. Urban probably is not allowed to do that with his TV contract.

Tressel always had the team up for Michigan and was able motivate the team to compete with and beat the unbeatable Hurricanes in 2003. Meyer motivated Florida to beat the unbeatable Buckeyes in 2007 and motivated Ohio State to beat the unbeatable Crimson Tide in 2015.

I am pessimistic that Day has this very important ability for a head coach, getting guys ready to run through a brick wall. I hope I am wrong, but we shall see.

Tressel or a former player like AJ Hawk or Malcolm Jenkins or Craig Krenzel or Bobby Carpenter or Ryan Shazier should be the one giving that talk. Not Urban.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Exactly. Anything less than 12-0 coming out of the horrible Big Ten this year is grounds for elimination from CFP discussion. We all would have eliminated Cincinnati last year if they had taken a loss; they played in a similarly poor conference as this year’s Big Ten.

Love how your brain is so wrapped up with the Buckeyes….. it’s like you have a secret fascination for them- just admit it

Yes, I do, I'm the guy with the cowboy hat in the stands that's at every Buckeye game
1670281171975.png

Emotion plays a large role in big college football games. Hopefully, Urban is heading to Columbus to give the team a pep talk because I am not sure Day is all that great at getting the players up for big games. Urban probably is not allowed to do that with his TV contract.

Tressel always had the team up for Michigan and was able motivate the team to compete with and beat the unbeatable Hurricanes in 2003. Meyer motivated Florida to beat the unbeatable Buckeyes in 2007 and motivated Ohio State to beat the unbeatable Crimson Tide in 2015.

I am pessimistic that Day has this very important ability for a head coach, getting guys ready to run through a brick wall. I hope I am wrong, but we shall see.
Have the QB from Coldwater H.S. give the talk. OSU players might learn about playing for the love of the team.

The line opening at -7 surprised me. I’d a thought more -9.

Someone said the Buckeyes are playing with house money. Very true. Being as talented as the Buckeyes are and as an underdog can be trouble.

The line opening at -7 surprised me. I’d a thought more -9.

Someone said the Buckeyes are playing with house money. Very true. Being as talented as the Buckeyes are and as an underdog can be trouble.
Where is all this talent? Very good QB, Oline is good, one really good receiver, one good receiver, no 3rd receiver you can count on. TE position is not good blocking or receiving. Running back who is going to play? Hayden a frosh? Dline is good, one good linebacker, secondary not good.

Love how your brain is so wrapped up with the Buckeyes….. it’s like you have a secret fascination for them- just admit it
My sense of honor, fair play, and simply being a man prevents me from being happy about the Buckeyes unjustly and undeservedly making the playoff this year.

Ohio State played Notre Dame and Michigan in Weeks 1 and 13. Aside from that, the middle of their schedule resembled the soft white goo you’d find in the inside of a Twinkie: soft, creamy empty calories.

And, much like someone who feasts on Twinkies all fall, the Buckeyes got satiated. They got lazy. They got fat. And then Michigan came to town and, instead of keeping up, those empty calories killed the Buckeyes’ endurance in the second half. They fell off the treadmill, couldn’t get a defibrillator, and got raced to the hospital, DOA.

Everything about the Buckeyes’ 2022 season screamed, “We’re taking the easy way out!” No non-conference road games. No road night games. Being haughty enough to think they could just throw to beat everybody. JSN giving up entirely to preserve his Draft spot. Sitting home last weekend hoping someone else would save them, like a recalcitrant idiot who refuses to leave home during a hurricane and then needs the Cajun Navy to pull them off the roof of their flooded house 24 hours later.

Yet you guys want everyone to believe you deserve a playoff spot. Take that freezing-cold stance somewhere else, IceDad. Not in my America! OSU: Sunk by Twinkies.

looked at some of their STATS, seems like Bennett does NOT run the ball much, which is a positive for the Bucks, but does play well in BIG games..
That little dude is something. He doesn't look the part, but he is clutch. He does what has to be done. If he needs 6 yards, he runs for 7. He doesn't have the greatest arm, but when he has to rifle one in tight, he does it more often than not.

Where is all this talent? Very good QB, Oline is good, one really good receiver, one good receiver, no 3rd receiver you can count on. TE position is not good blocking or receiving. Running back who is going to play? Hayden a frosh? Dline is good, one good linebacker, secondary not good.
Of the top 20 draftable players among the 4 playoff teams, Ohio St has 7, Georgia 6 per Todd McShay.

So, perhaps there is a difference in evaluations or different ways of interpreting the data, but I don't think you will have a lot of company with this opinion.

OSU doesn't have a talent problem. They have, I believe, some combination of execution, between the ears, injury, and offensive play calling problems. Their talent is why they got through 11 games unscathed.

The good news is all of those problems can be addressed, if not solved, in a month - at least well enough to win 2 games.

If it's a talent problem, that can't be fixed by NYE. But by all metrics of measuring talent I am aware of, that's not the Buckeyes' issue.

Last edited:
Lb? No, their WR, he got injured and did not return vs LSU.
Georgia scored 50 points against LSU. Kirby said the defense giving up 30 points and 500+ yards was what wasnt up to standard.

Georgia wins games offensively, mainly, with running the ball, those monster TEs, and Bennett's moxie. Those WRs aren't bad players, they just aren't the main feature of what Georgia is best at. If all of them got hurt, Georgia would still be able to do their thing.

They have dudes but they simply are not coached up. For as great as OSU has been at Dline the talent here is just as good. The backers are not stellar but are better than most. I'd put OSU's offensive talent (RBs, WRs, OL) against anyone.

Wasn't Georgia winning 35-7, before a lot of those passing yards were accumulated?
So they new LSU was going to pass, and they still couldn't stop them? I mean, they were not playing a prevent defense, if that is what you think.

You "nailed" it...

Georgia scored 50 points against LSU. Kirby said the defense giving up 30 points and 500+ yards was what wasnt up to standard.

Georgia wins games offensively, mainly, with running the ball, those monster TEs, and Bennett's moxie. Those WRs aren't bad players, they just aren't the main feature of what Georgia is best at. If all of them got hurt, Georgia would still be able to do their thing.
They actually average more yards passing per game than rushing.

So they new LSU was going to pass, and they still couldn't stop them? I mean, they were not playing a prevent defense, if that is what you think.
Up,35-7, I definitely think they changed the pass defense. Tennessee can pass the ball way better than LSU, and they scored a grand total of 13 points.

Wasn't Georgia winning 35-7, before a lot of those passing yards were accumulated?
Yes, however that included a boneheaded play by LSU’s special teams who just gave up on the play after a blocked FG and one of the most freak accident helmet bounced INT’s. Take those two plays away and it’s still 21-7 so really not much better.

My sense of honor, fair play, and simply being a man prevents me from being happy about the Buckeyes unjustly and undeservedly making the playoff this year.

Ohio State played Notre Dame and Michigan in Weeks 1 and 13. Aside from that, the middle of their schedule resembled the soft white goo you’d find in the inside of a Twinkie: soft, creamy empty calories.

And, much like someone who feasts on Twinkies all fall, the Buckeyes got satiated. They got lazy. They got fat. And then Michigan came to town and, instead of keeping up, those empty calories killed the Buckeyes’ endurance in the second half. They fell off the treadmill, couldn’t get a defibrillator, and got raced to the hospital, DOA.

Everything about the Buckeyes’ 2022 season screamed, “We’re taking the easy way out!” No non-conference road games. No road night games. Being haughty enough to think they could just throw to beat everybody. JSN giving up entirely to preserve his Draft spot. Sitting home last weekend hoping someone else would save them, like a recalcitrant idiot who refuses to leave home during a hurricane and then needs the Cajun Navy to pull them off the roof of their flooded house 24 hours later.

Yet you guys want everyone to believe you deserve a playoff spot. Take that freezing-cold stance somewhere else, IceDad. Not in my America! OSU: Sunk by Twinkies.

so man of great wisdom, who would you put in the 4 spots???

so you don't think Stover is a good TE?