#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State (Atlanta, GA)

lol, so we need to be undefeated, ok. Do you place the same standard on all the other teams? And who should be in there in their place?
Bama or any of the Power 5 conference champs that didn’t get in, particularly Utah since they had a vastly more difficult schedule to get through this year than Ohio State. Bama also had an extremely difficult schedule compared to OSU.

OSU is just a big-brand charity case for the CFP this year.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I am with you; college game is being ruined by career 1st team 2nd attitude. I am biased being a Bengal fan, but I believe joe Burrow would have played vs Alabama with two bad hamstrings. Wish these type of players (JSN) would play 2 years than just leave school and get ready for the NFL draft their 3rd yr. removed from H.S.
Caleb Williams just played through a bad hamstring injury Friday night.

There are plenty of examples of college guys attempting to play while hurt.

Ohio State — not college football — has an NFL-first attitude problem.

(Don’t come back with “Look at all the guys who sit out bowl games,” because we all know non-CFP bowl games are detached from the rest of the season and meaningless.)

(Don’t come back with “Look at all the guys who sit out bowl games,” because we all know non-CFP bowl games are detached from the rest of the season and meaningless.)

Kudos to Williams but I see a lot of college players run oob instead of lowering shoulder and fighting for extra yds. including Bammy players. Watch Perine of the Bengals he's not going to run oob's. These career 1st players should just sit their 3rd year instead of playing this cat and mouse game after they suffer an injury.

Kudos to Williams but I see a lot of college players run oob instead of lowering shoulder and fighting for extra yds. including Bammy players. Watch Perine of the Bengals he's not going to run oob's. These career 1st players should just sit their 3rd year instead of playing this cat and mouse game after they suffer an injury.

I assume you’re mostly talking about receiving plays or scat backs. Fighting for extra yards often opens up the chance for the ball to get punched out. Look at Kelce against the Bengals yesterday.

Except for short-yardage conversion situations, college coaches will gladly accept having to pick up an extra two or three yards later in the drive in exchange for not turning the ball over.

Defacto home game for Georgia, tOSU should prepare for a loud hostile environment. Also of note the eastern time zone gets the late game, this match up looks like it was done to maximize revenue.

Game plan wise tOSU needs to prepare better than they did at the end of the year. On offense I Would look for newness and ways to neutralize the UGA DTs against the Bucks IOL, if he is comfortable with it the need to probably roll out Stroud. On defense they need to install some more zone and maybe go to a bend don’t break philosophy and not allow HR type TDs on defense.
tough to roll out a pocket passer

Exactly. Anything less than 12-0 coming out of the horrible Big Ten this year is grounds for elimination from CFP discussion. We all would have eliminated Cincinnati last year if they had taken a loss; they played in a similarly poor conference as this year’s Big Ten.

Wrong as usual. So who gets in instead?

Apples to oranges. Williams is not eligible for the NFL draft until after next season. If he gets hurt at some point in 2023 we’ll see how he handles it. Also, JSN is a lock to be a top ten pick already based on his measurables and performance. Williams is on the low side of the scale in measurables, so he still needs to put together an extra-impressive on field career to maximize his NFL chances.

As for this game OSU needs to establish a running game, need to keep the defense off the field just look at the last 2 games vs TTUN (the team that ran the football won). OSU needs to reestablish being a physical football team like they were under Meyer and Tressel.

Apples to oranges. Williams is not eligible for the NFL draft until after next season. If he gets hurt at some point in 2023 we’ll see how he handles it. Also, JSN is a lock to be a top ten pick already based on his measurables and performance. Williams is on the low side of the scale in measurables, so he still needs to put together an extra-impressive on field career to maximize his NFL chances.
The only thing that might short-circuit Caleb’s NFL chances is his evident juvenile attitude.

As for this game OSU needs to establish a running game, need to keep the defense off the field just look at the last 2 games vs TTUN (the team that ran the football won). OSU needs to reestablish being a physical football team like they were under Meyer and Tressel.
Let's hope they're 100% at RB for this game.

Exactly. Anything less than 12-0 coming out of the horrible Big Ten this year is grounds for elimination from CFP discussion. We all would have eliminated Cincinnati last year if they had taken a loss; they played in a similarly poor conference as this year’s Big Ten.

You make a salient point or two - and then you go into the galactically stupid zone. Be a CFB fan with a legit POV or be a troll. Pick one.

Then Stroud better get ready for a large dose of Jalen Carter in his face. Many considered Carter had the best season for a defensive player this year and I think the tOSU IOL is the weak link on offense, will be a tough match up to over come.
That guy - Carter - is a "problem" - which is a mild term. Perhaps "nightmare" might be more apt.

Georgia Wins Big!! This Buckeyes Team has no business being in this yrs CFP!!!
Go down to the local hardware store and see if they have any reasonable brains available for transplant. Lol

Who else would you say is more deserving? Ohio St navigated 11 games with some excellent, mediocre,and, occasional, poor play and had a bad 30 min against one team.

Point is there was no one else. Yes, they backed in, but no one is arguing it shouldn't have been them as the last team.

This Eeyore act is explainable by psychology. People do this kind of thing to protect themselves from emotional hurt.

Ohio St has some fantastic circumstances working in its favor, if they take advantage of them. I won't predict an outcome, but I take the view that they are going to have a great opportunity to play at their potential - which can beat anyone.

It's Winnie the Pooh vs. Eeyore. Eeyore is miserable and goes around glumly saying, "We won't make it. We'll all die." Be Winnie. :)

hasn't The Georgia D given up Lots of passing yards?

Wow. A whole lot of JSN animus ITT. Lol. The young man can make whatever decision he believes is best for his future.
That is true.

However, I hope he's not on the sidelines for this game, since he quit on the team, and would provide zero inspiration to them.

Reactions: y2h
hasn't The Georgia D given up Lots of passing yards?
They have at times. They did well against Tennessee - which would be comparable to to Ohio State. Last week, once the game was decided vs LSU, they gave up a pile of yards to the backup QB. If you are a GA fan, you might say they had prepared for Daniels, not the backup, the game was over at halftime, and the yards ceded were a product of all of that.

I would look at it from the opposite direction: if CJ is on and throwing into tight windows and the receivers are catching, it doesn't matter what Georgia does. Of course, the problem is doing that after not seeing CJ do it as well the last half of the season.

I also think the GA offense and the play of Stetson Bennett is a big factor. We have seen them struggle and be pedestrian at times - vs Kentucky as the latest example in a 16-6 win. But when that offense and Bennett plays well, it's kinda scary. Ohio St would obviously benefit from a more pedestrian effort.

That is true.

However, I hope he's not on the sidelines for this game, since he quit on the team, and would provide zero inspiration to them.
That will probably depend on how many folks they can take, and if his teammates want him there.

I would wager to guess that if he miraculously runs out on NYE to play, most fans who have besmirched him to date will quickly forget how much they hated him. Lol.

They have at times. They did well against Tennessee - which would be comparable to to Ohio State. Last week, once the game was decided vs LSU, they gave up a pile of yards to the backup QB. If you are a GA fan, you might say they had prepared for Daniels, not the backup, the game was over at halftime, and the yards ceded were a product of all of that.

I would look at it from the opposite direction: if CJ is on and throwing into tight windows and the receivers are catching, it doesn't matter what Georgia does. Of course, the problem is doing that after not seeing CJ do it as well the last half of the season.

I also think the GA offense and the play of Stetson Bennett is a big factor. We have seen them struggle and be pedestrian at times - vs Kentucky as the latest example in a 16-6 win. But when that offense and Bennett plays well, it's kinda scary. Ohio St would obviously benefit from a more pedestrian effort.
Has anything been said about GA #2 receiving threat being knocked out of the game in the second half?

Has anything been said about GA #2 receiving threat being knocked out of the game in the second half?
The LB? Wasn't on my radar, but, sure.

Most fans take a lot more from one game and one result than I do. Although I fall into that trap too. For example, we don't have to worry about McCarthey beating us by throwing the ball downfield because he hasn't done that all year. Lol

Each game is so unique in terms of match ups and game-planning that making firm declarations about can and can't happen is a fool's errand.

The game is so much about player confidence and belief. When things start happening that weren't supposed to happen, it undermines confidence and belief - which undermines performance. Add in some bad breaks, unlucky bounces, and questionable calls - and a player starts to feel like it's not going to be his day - which further undermines performance.

I'm sure Kirby is going to do everything in his power to make Ohio St seem almost unbeatable, but hopefully the sports media and social media will be telling the Bulldogs they almost can't lose - and that will make it very likely that they will if things start happening that were not supposed to happen - and the football gods seem to be against them. It's Ohio State's job to do everything they can to get them in that predicament. It's easier to do when the other guys are the ones carrying all the expectations.

The LB? Wasn't on my radar, but, sure.

Most fans take a lot more from one game and one result than I do. Although I fall into that trap too. For example, we don't have to worry about McCarthey beating us by throwing the ball downfield because he hasn't done that all year. Lol

Each game is so unique in terms of match ups and game-planning that making firm declarations about can and can't happen is a fool's errand.

The game is so much about player confidence and belief. When things start happening that weren't supposed to happen, it undermines confidence and belief - which undermines performance. Add in some bad breaks, unlucky bounces, and questionable calls - and a player starts to feel like it's not going to be his day - which further undermines performance.

I'm sure Kirby is going to do everything in his power to make Ohio St seem almost unbeatable, but hopefully the sports media and social media will be telling the Bulldogs they almost can't lose - and that will make it very likely that they will if things start happening that were not supposed to happen - and the football gods seem to be against them. It's Ohio State's job to do everything they can to get them in that predicament. It's easier to do when the other guys are the ones carrying all the expectations.
Lb? No, their WR, he got injured and did not return vs LSU.