Search results

1. Y

2024 Olympic Team Trials

Is it finally the week of the 2024 Olympic Team Trials, held at Penn State on Friday, 4/19 and Saturday, 4/20. Wrestlers in all three styles will compete to represent the US at the Olympics at 18 total weight classes, 13 of which are already qualified. The weights that have not been qualified...
  2. Y

2024 NCAA Wrestling D1 Qualifiers from Ohio

I try to do something similar each year, highlighting wrestlers from Ohio that qualify for NCAAs. Note- I go strictly off of what the hometown is on the university website. If someone went to high school here but it's not listed as their hometown (David Taylor a good example), I will not catch...
  3. Y

2024 Pan-American Olympic Qualifier

It's that time! The second of three possible qualification paths for USA wrestlers arrives this week with the 2024 Pan-Am Olympic Qualifier in Mexico. Greco will take place Wednesday, women's freestyle on Thursday, and men's freestyle on Friday. Important notes for those high school fans that...
  4. Y

2024 Pan American Championships

Start of a busy month in the international wrestling scene, with the 2024 Pan-American Championships being held early in the year to accommodate the Olympic year. This is NOT the Olympic qualifier- this is the yearly Pan-Am Championships. This tourney has no impact on Olympic qualification, but...
  5. Y

2023 Senior Nationals- December 15th-17th

The next (and largest) 2024 Olympic Trials qualifier is less than two weeks away. 2023 Senior Nationals will be held in Fort Worth, TX (note the time difference!) from December 15th-17th. Men's freestyle will be Saturday and Sunday, with only the six Olympic weights being contested. The Top 5...
  6. Y

2023 U23 World Championships

Our last major freestyle age-level tournament of the year starts Monday with U23s in Tirana, Albania. Freestyle will go Monday morning (61kg, 74kg, 96kg, 92kg, 125kg), with the rest of the men's freestyle weights on Tuesday. Women's freestyle is Wednesday/Thursday, while Greco is...
  7. Y

2023 Pan-American Games

So this thread is a bit early, but USA Wrestling just released rosters for the 2023 Pan-Am Games (Santiago, Chile), which will take place November 1st-4th. Not to be confused with the Pan-Am Championships, which are every year, the Pan-Am Games are once every four years, taking place the year...
  8. Y

2023 Senior World Championships

Thought I would start a thread (a bit earlier than usual) on Senior Worlds this year because UWW posted an entry list today for men's freestyle. We now have projected entry lists for all three styles, although Russia has not entered their wrestlers for men's freestyle or women's freestyle yet...
  9. Y

2023 Final X

It's finally time, the biggest domestic event of the year- Final X, aka the finals to world team trials. It may not seem like it, but this is really the beginning to the 2024 Olympics. Step 1: 2023 Final X Step 2: 2023 World Championships Step 3: 2024 Olympic Trials Step 4: 2024 Paris Olympics...
  10. Y

2023 U20 & U23 World Team Trials

We are a week out from the U20 and U23 World Team Trials for both men's freestyle and Greco-Roman. Half of the U20 finalists have already been decided via the US Open, while the other finalist will have to fight through the qualifying bracket. I'll have a couple posts below with some notable...
  11. Y

2023-2024 Olympic Redshirt Qualifiers

I posted this somewhere else just now, thought I would post it here for all who want to mess around with lineups for the upcoming D1 season. A huge disclaimer on my list- I based it off of the 2020 Olympic trials qualifications, which I have adapted for 2023. I don't believe USA Wrestling has...
  12. Y

2023 NCAA D1 Qualifiers from Ohio

Over the weekend, I'll be doing my best to track former Ohio HS wrestlers who qualify for the NCAA D1 Tourney in two weeks. I'll post a comment below this one with a running tally that will be updated when wrestlers are confirmed to be qualified. If I've got high schools wrong please let me know!
  13. Y

2022 Senior World Championships

It's almost the best week of the year, Senior Worlds! The US will send 30 wrestlers to compete in Belgrade, Serbia (which is 7 hours ahead of the east coast, an important note) and hope to bring home plenty of hardware. Greco-Roman starts the tourney off on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, women's...
  14. Y

2022 U20 World Championships

Coming off an historic 9-medal performance by the U17 team, the U20 team (formerly Juniors) will be competing next week in Bulgaria. The US is sending a very skilled, if inexperienced, team overseas with the hopes of bringing home plenty more medals. Men's freestyle will be Monday-Wednesday...
  15. Y

2022 U17 World Championship

It's back! International wrestling is back! It's been such a long year, and we are finally back with Cadet...wait, that's U17 World Championships. Greco and women are mostly done already, I'll post a little about them tomorrow, but mens freestyle starts tomorrow. From USAWrestling: Men’s...
  16. Y

2022 NCAA Qualifiers from Ohio

I try to make this list every year, partly to recognize these guys and partly to let everyone reminisce on state tourneys past. Everybody on the list has Ohio as their listed state on the official team page, so if a wrestler moved (and lists another high school/state on their page) or went to...
  17. Y

Ohio St vs Penn State- 2/4/22

Lineups: 125- Malik Heinselman (Oh St) vs Drew Hildebrandt (Penn St) 133- Brady Koontz (Ohio St) vs Roman Bravo-Young (Penn St) 141- Dylan D'Emilio (Ohio St) vs Nick Lee (Penn St) 149- Sammy Sasso (Ohio St) vs Beau Bartlett (Penn St) 157- Isaac Wilcox (Ohio St) vs Terrell Barraclough (Penn St)...
  18. Y

2021 U23 World Championship

The last world championships of the year (five in total!) are currently being held in Belgrade, Serbia. Traditionally, Team USA doesn't send a particularly strong team to U23s for two main reasons. First, most of the top 22/23 year olds are NCAA champion contenders and are gearing up for the...
  19. Y

2021 Junior World Championships

No rest in the wrestling world, as just a week after the Olympics ended we have the second of four major world championships of the year, Junior Worlds! Men’s freestyle will compete on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday of next week (8/16-8/18), with 57kg, 65kg, 70kg, 79kg, and 97kg competing the first...
  20. Y

2020 (2021) Tokyo Olympics Wrestling

We are finally here! The Olympics are finally here after a year delay, and for the first time in five years we will crown 18 Olympic champions. The United States has sent fifteen men and women to Tokyo: five in men's freestyle, four in Greco-Roman, and all six in women's freestyle. Medal...