Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

Word is that "Ravenna" Southeast will be joining the MVAC Grey Tier starting in 2024. So the Grey tier will be Brookfield, Champion, LaBrae, Liberty, Garfield, Crestview, and the addition of Springfield and Southeast. Newton Falls and Campbell will be going to the Scarlett tier.

Word is that "Ravenna" Southeast will be joining the MVAC Grey Tier starting in 2024. So the Grey tier will be Brookfield, Champion, LaBrae, Liberty, Garfield, Crestview, and the addition of Springfield and Southeast. Newton Falls and Campbell will be going to the Scarlett tier.
Southeast might win 2 league games a year, maybe.

With St Thomas Aquinas football issues the last 2 years and JFK football looking like the next to experience those same issues as St Thomas Aquinas in football what happens with the PTC in football going forward

With St Thomas Aquinas football issues the last 2 years and JFK football looking like the next to experience those same issues as St Thomas Aquinas in football what happens with the PTC in football going forward
Mogadore will continue to dominate, and Southeast and Rootstown might get another win each season until the 2 parochials get sorted. That said, I refuse to believe JFK will go down the tubes as badly as St. Thomas Aquinas did. Outside of boys basketball, St. Thomas Aquinas has fallen hard in every sport. Some of their sports team that were state championship caliber a mere 5 years ago barely exist now.

Mogadore will continue to dominate, and Southeast and Rootstown might get another win each season until the 2 parochials get sorted. That said, I refuse to believe JFK will go down the tubes as badly as St. Thomas Aquinas did. Outside of boys basketball, St. Thomas Aquinas has fallen hard in every sport. Some of their sports team that were state championship caliber a mere 5 years ago barely exist now.
Yeah, Kennedy won't fall that hard. There will be a drop off though.

EDIT: I did not realize that Southeast is planning to leave the PTC to join the MVAC in 2024-2025. The PTC is probably cooked. Maybe the MVAC will take Rootstown, too. The rest of the PTC schools will likely have a hard time finding homes.

EDIT: I did not realize that Southeast is planning to leave the PTC to join the MVAC in 2024-2025. The PTC is probably cooked. Maybe the MVAC will take Rootstown, too. The rest of the PTC schools will likely have a hard time finding homes.
Probably a good assumption not sure about Rootstown , but doubtful MVAC would take Mogadore or JFK

how many teams are on each side because it seems like the grey tier has way more then scarlett
Scarlet - Springfield, Lowellville, WR, McDonald, Campbell, Waterloo, JM, and Mineral Ridge. (Sebring non football)
Grey- Brookfield, Garfield, Southeast, NF, Champion, Labrae, Crestview, and Liberty.

D5- Crestview, Champion, Liberty, Garfield
D6- MR, JM, Campbell, Brookfield, Waterloo, Labrae, Southeast, NF
D7- Springfield, Lowellville, WR, McDonald,

Not sure I buy Springfield moving, and if that was a done deal then why not announce it now with Southeast news? Moving from one tier to the other doesn’t do much for them either…good and bad teams in both tiers.

Scarlet - Springfield, Lowellville, WR, McDonald, Campbell, Waterloo, JM, and Mineral Ridge. (Sebring non football)
Grey- Brookfield, Garfield, Southeast, NF, Champion, Labrae, Crestview, and Liberty.

Not sure I buy Springfield moving, and if that was a done deal then why not announce it now with Southeast news? Moving from one tier to the other doesn’t do much for them either…good and bad teams in both tiers.
It would be dumb for Springfield to move in my opinion because they have a 50-50 shot at a MVAC title every year

Will be better prepared come playoff time, the league doesn’t challenge them by moving tiers Brookfield and Garretsville present a yearly challenge.
Disagree. Springfield has been on an incredible run, arguably should have beat JFK this past season too…that tier seemed to prepare them just fine for post season, along with a challenging out of conference schedule. Doubtful Brookfield or Garfield are as good the next 5 years as they were the last 5 years. Zero sense for them to flop tiers, especially if they can play those schools out of conference, which they do with brookfield.

Disagree. Springfield has been on an incredible run, arguably should have beat JFK this past season too…that tier seemed to prepare them just fine for post season, along with a challenging out of conference schedule. Doubtful Brookfield or Garfield are as good the next 5 years as they were the last 5 years. Zero sense for them to flop tiers, especially if they can play those schools out of conference, which they do with brookfield.
Garfield brings everyone back and is on the best decade run in school history?

Disagree. Springfield has been on an incredible run, arguably should have beat JFK this past season too…that tier seemed to prepare them just fine for post season

Their talent, coaching & Beau Brungard has gotten them ready for the post season much more than that weak tier.

Crestview is d6

Their talent, coaching & Beau Brungard has gotten them ready for the post season much more than that weak tier.
Valid point…lots of weak teams in both tiers. Don’t know of a local conference without a few bad teams. Hard to argue Springfield needs a different schedule to be successful though when they have already been very successful. That was the point.

Valid point…lots of weak teams in both tiers. Don’t know of a local conference without a few bad teams. Hard to argue Springfield needs a different schedule to be successful though when they have already been very successful. That was the point.

You suggested that tier prepared them just fine. The reality is it wasn't the tier that prepared them. Those Springfield teams would have been prepared regardless of what conference they were in because of the factors I listed. When you are 41-3 vs a tier with 90% of the games being over at halftime, it's laughable to suggest thats what got you ready for the playoffs. Would they have won a significant number of games in the other tier during that same time period? Absolutely. But, they had 2 losses just to Brookfield during that same time frame and Brookfield wasnt the best team annually.

Playing in that tier kept Springfield fresh. (Most games over at half or before) Combine that with the fact that they had a once in a generation talent and it worked for them. But now and going forward they don’t have that once in a generation talent and they are going to need the work throughout the season.

Springfield switching tiers is one of those "worst kept secrets" I guess. The flip is more to keep Newton Falls a part of the MVAC than to challenge Springfield in the Grey tier.

The grey tier is by far better than the Scarlett tier and Springfield will have more meaningful games in conference play than in the past. They are probably thinking that they are D7 and will make the playoffs no matter what each year so let's get more harder games on the schedule to prepare for the postseason and the easiest way to do that is to get into a tougher league/tier. Now that Brookfield is a conference game it allows them to go schedule another tough non-conference game while having that tough game (Brookfield) in conference.