Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

CDC now saying it's unsafe to travel anywhere in China, not just Wuhan. Pretty clear they believe the outbreak is much more widespread than reported in data released thus far... Cats out of the bag... Cant put it back in

If this virus has an 8% fatality rate and it spreads all over China, we’re looking at a Black Plague level event

Just got off the phone with my sister. Her husband returned from China last week, he was in Wuhan in December, and they live in Chicago.

I think I may have a lead on that anonymous case in Illinois. lol

Might want to curb any gravings for deep dish or dogs. Unless this has extinction event possibilities. Then put it on a card while sitting in the Waldorf.

EPXq75lWAAArk7u

Miami just announced they are postponing their men's basketball game tonight.

Amazing that a subpar University in Ohio is smart enough to take these precautions yet our federal government is still allowing flights from Wuhan to enter the country.

Amazing that a subpar University in Ohio is smart enough to take these precautions yet our federal government is still allowing flights from Wuhan to enter the country.

I think it has to do more with Central Michigan 11-8 (4-2) and Miami 9-11 (2-5) on the men's side & Western Michigan 11-7 (4-3) and Miami 8-11 (1-6) on the women's side. Someone probably just sneezed in a psych class and Miami jumped at the chance to cancel.

This virus has a death rate of slightly above 2 %. Feel sorry for the people who have died from this virus but the flu will kill many more people world wide and especially in the US. Maybe the RedHawks should suspend all games till the flu season is over.

This virus has a death rate of slightly above 2 %. Feel sorry for the people who have died from this virus but the flu will kill many more people world wide and especially in the US. Maybe the RedHawks should suspend all games till the flu season is over.
I saw where it was 4%, but also that SARS and MEIRS? were both a lot higher, at 10% and 30% respectively.

With SARS you were not contagious until you were symptomatic. With this virus you can transmit virus up to 14 days before symptoms show. Do you see how fast and exponential this could be. Death rate is closer to 5%. Don't believe numbers you hear from China state media.

Fear mongering

It seems to early to get a accurate death rate. With the number of cases growing so fast along with the incubation period. Then you the duration period. The death toll probably lags the case number by weeks.

Yes yes yes...plague...extinction level event...

Seems we've been here before. Dont worry there will be a new boogyman this time next year.

I was born and raised Catholic. The whole nine yards. Sunday school, Mass, Holy Days, alter boy, private one on one meetings with Father in the Rectory....

All that Bible reading and never a mention that heaven has a 24/7 Golden Coral, Bud on tap that never needs changed or 80" flat screens with none of the channels blocked..... I mean none!!!!

I think I'd be bored with all that "in his presence" stuff around the clock. Doesn't sound like me. :D

hoffy ? Is that you ?