Wuhan Coronavirus epidemic spreads from China to US

Could definitely see this being escaped bioweapon. Long incubation period (so people don't immediately show symptoms allowing them spread) and very contagious... Eventually lethal... Pretty much exactly what you'd design if you wanted to create a bioweapon.

Does anyone really think the Chinese government wouldn't do that type of thing?

Cats out of the bag China's quarantines aren't gonna stop it

This is where it would be nice to have an administration that was not gutting agency with antiscience bureaucrats. Gutting the CDC.

Also, would be nice to have a president that we can trust to tell the truth to the american public. If he things the coronavirus is bad politics he will lie about it.

This is where it would be nice to have an administration that was not gutting agency with antiscience bureaucrats. Gutting the CDC.

Also, would be nice to have a president that we can trust to tell the truth to the american public. If he things the coronavirus is bad politics he will lie about it.
LOL, anti science accusations coming from a "settled science" person, ohhh the irony.

Get back to me when there are 28,000 dead..... until then its just flu season.

The one good thing from a flu-like plague washing over the globe is it usually wipes out the old weak senile population first. The drawback would be the crickets you'd hear from lack of activity on this debate forum if that happened.

With pictures coming out having people dead in the streets leads me to believe that the Chinese controlled media is underplaying this.

Amazing how the news media whips people into a frenzy over this virus. Remember SARS and MERS how bad they were suppose to be ? I believe a total of 2000 people died from those two coronaviruses combined, more people have died from the flu already this year but still many people ( who are worried about this coronavirus ) won't take a flu shot, go figure.

Could definitely see this being escaped bioweapon. Long incubation period (so people don't immediately show symptoms allowing them spread) and very contagious... Eventually lethal... Pretty much exactly what you'd design if you wanted to create a bioweapon.

Does anyone really think the Chinese government wouldn't do that type of thing?

Cats out of the bag China's quarantines aren't gonna stop it

The one good thing from a flu-like plague washing over the globe is it usually wipes out the old weak senile population first. The drawback would be the crickets you'd hear from lack of activity on this debate forum if that happened.

There is a substantial Chinese population in southern Ontario. Considerable wealth among many, and a lot of flying back-and-forth both business and socially. Very easily more due to a NAFTA two-step/China trade over the past two years. Pretty clear that it could be a completely organic phenomenon.

We only need to look a history to see the potential danger of viruses in a shrinking globe paradigm. Generations of resistance in China, not so much in North America. Makes me think of Spaniards' smallpox decimating Aztecs, Iroquois syphillis sweeping through French brothels. War of the Worlds aliens dying from the common cold comes to mind...... Maybe the time for joking is over ?

Amazing how the news media whips people into a frenzy over this virus. Remember SARS and MERS how bad they were suppose to be ? I believe a total of 2000 people died from those two coronaviruses combined, more people have died from the flu already this year but still many people ( who are worried about this coronavirus ) won't take a flu shot, go figure.
Yep. It gets people to watch the news, which is ultimately their goal.

won't take a flu shot, go figure.
The flu shot doesn't work. I think it's a good thing Trump has gutted the CDC. One of the most corrupt group of people in this country. They could care less about the health of the American people. They are in it to get theirs from big pharma, nothing more

There is a substantial Chinese population in southern Ontario. Considerable wealth among many, and a lot of flying back-and-forth both business and socially. Very easily more due to a NAFTA two-step/China trade over the past two years. Pretty clear that it could be a completely organic phenomenon.

We only need to look a history to see the potential danger of viruses in a shrinking globe paradigm. Generations of resistance in China, not so much in North America. Makes me think of Spaniards' smallpox decimating Aztecs, Iroquois syphillis sweeping through French brothels. War of the Worlds aliens dying from the common cold comes to mind...... Maybe the time for joking is over ?
Why don't you crawl back in your cave where you came from, we will let you know when it is safe to come out again.

Just to provide some perspective. Currently over 8,000 have died from the 2019-2020 seasonal flu.

I did a little googling and some quick math and this seems a little more serious.

This seams much more contagious than SARS, Ebola, swine flu etc...
So to keep it simple I'm assuming this is as contagious as the flu and that a similar number of people will get it, even though we have a flu vaccine which we do not for this. I will assume people will be much more cautious.

The death rate of the flu is usually .1% to .6% with being on the low end.
Around 75% of these deaths are those over 75 with many having one foot in the grave.

So if the average year is .2% death from the flu and from what I've read this corona-virus has a death rate of around 5%. this makes it 25 times more deadly than the average flu.

If this gets out and say half of the healthy people get it at a high school of 500 students and teachers, it will likely kill around 5... but that is just me thinking...

Once several healthy people start dying around us it will shut things down big-time.

Last edited:

Thinning the herd, Mother Nature knows best. By the bye, Wally World is having a sale on box fans, you might want to check it out for when you kick it, hear it’s hot where you’re going

Thinning the herd, Mother Nature knows best. By the bye, Wally World is having a sale on box fans, you might want to check it out for when you kick it, hear it’s hot where you’re going

I was born and raised Catholic. The whole nine yards. Sunday school, Mass, Holy Days, alter boy, private one on one meetings with Father in the Rectory....

All that Bible reading and never a mention that heaven has a 24/7 Golden Coral, Bud on tap that never needs changed or 80" flat screens with none of the channels blocked..... I mean none!!!!

I think I'd be bored with all that "in his presence" stuff around the clock. Doesn't sound like me. :D

I was born and raised Catholic. The whole nine yards. Sunday school, Mass, Holy Days, alter boy, private one on one meetings with Father in the Rectory....

All that Bible reading and never a mention that heaven has a 24/7 Golden Coral, Bud on tap that never needs changed or 80" flat screens with none of the channels blocked..... I mean none!!!!

I think I'd be bored with all that "in his presence" stuff around the clock. Doesn't sound like me. :D
That’s your hell, God has plans for you