• Russia

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Troy Christian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They could actually, you know, do their jobs and do some research. I guess that's way too much to ask, huh?
When the very first poll came out this past season RH was 4-7. Regardless of them being the defending state champs, returning everyone and playing the toughest D4 schedule in the state, there was no chance with any research the AP would place them at the #1 spot with 7 losses. Even though anyone with basketball knowledge knew they were the best D4 team in the state.

My point is the best team is the best team - regardless of losses. Most D4 teams would have been winless with that early schedule - and RH was shorthanded due to injuries. The same thing happened when my son played for VASJ in 2015. They were #7 in the USA Today national rankings - and #4 in the Ohio AP D3 poll. They should do away with the AP Poll - its incredibly inaccurate. The voters just look at wins and losses, period. Hell Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could see who the best team was and it was not even close.

When the very first poll came out this past season RH was 4-7. Regardless of them being the defending state champs, returning everyone and playing the toughest D4 schedule in the state, there was no chance with any research the AP would place them at the #1 spot with 7 losses. Even though anyone with basketball knowledge knew they were the best D4 team in the state.
Why not? Where is the logic? Strength of schedule generally is a factor in most polls. You yourself state RH was the best D4 team.

Why not? Where is the logic? Strength of schedule generally is a factor in most polls. You yourself state RH was the best D4 team.
I wonder how many voters really bother to look up strength of schedule ( which they should) before voting, or if they just look at record. For example, in consecutive weeks, Ignatius defeated the poll's top team in D2 ( 2023 state runner-up Lutheran West) and the top team in D3 ( defending champ Lutheran East). At the time, both teams were considered amongst the top favorites for 2024, which LE won. Yet, when the poll came out, Ignatius had dropped. It was a curious occurrence. I'm certainly not complaining; I just found it odd.

I know it doesn't always happen this way but the 2 teams that played the toughest schedules in D4 did end up playing in the championship. Not a coincidence. RH played national teams and Hiland played LE, Linsly, OG, a healthy Wayne team and Dover. Hiland plays a weak regional but they load up their regular season. I'll never understand if you have a good team why you schedule non league cupcake games.

That's my point. The AP poll is useless. They should have been #1 but there was no chance the AP would have them there. Most in Basketball knew that even with 7 losses to big time basketball schools, RH was the best D4 team in Ohio.

If Richmond Heights goes D1 you will find another team to cry about if your team does not win. People are never happy.
Stupid comment….they cheat the system and say to hell with the rules and the teams who actually think about a legitimate chance to win state with friends they went through life with since kindergarten and doing things the right……AAU and the wannabe coaches are ruining high school sports…..this fiasco started in the early 2000’s….check past attendance in state tournaments…..not even close to what it was and only going to get worse…7divisions are also a joke….OHSAA is trying to recover from lost capital from the past….not going to work!!!!

No you just have trouble arguing the words in front of you. I never said it was a honorable thing. I said thats how life works in a city. The final ruling (the move did not compel the transfer) was very similair to many across the state. Saying otherwise is actually being dishonest at best but you got it.
So….they were caught and that is why educated people form their opinion about RH…talk all you want but your explanation has numerous holes in it!!!!!

Great comeback………dude!!!!
You should get a hobby, maybe find a girlfriend or something but ok how about this one... Richmond Heights doesnt owe an anonymous loser who called teenage boys thugs (yeah I remember that was you) jack sh**. As evidenced by real life, in which they are the three time defending state champs. Express whatever opinion you want but please dont call it educated when you can barely formulate a proper sentence. Have whatever type of weekend you were gonna have.

If we could stop schools like RH from cheating then people may not have negative opinions of certain programs. RH school cheats

You should get a hobby, maybe find a girlfriend or something but ok how about this one... Richmond Heights doesnt owe an anonymous loser who called teenage boys thugs (yeah I remember that was you) jack sh**. As evidenced by real life, in which they are the three time defending state champs. Express whatever opinion you want but please dont call it educated when you can barely formulate a proper sentence. Have whatever type of weekend you were gonna have.
Wow….you sound like a classy individual…..3 times state champs beating up on inferior opponents by recruiting ……bump up too D1 and win state and I will show you the respect you deserve…right now, no one respects that program because everyone knows how it is put together…..jack sht…….really classy!!!!!

Wow….you sound like a classy individual…..3 times state champs beating up on inferior opponents by recruiting ……bump up too D1 and win state and I will show you the respect you deserve…right now, no one respects that program because everyone knows how it is put together…..jack sht…….really classy!!!!!
Man I hope RH stays down . . .

You got this s*** so confused lol. Nobody cares about your respect now go find a hobby. Check the offer lists of the kids folks more important than "Seymore Hiney" got respect for the program