• Sycamore Mohawk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patrick Henry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Jackson Center

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They will come after them. Heights is long and quick. I'm sure they will force Russia to pass a lot to avoid the 5sec call. Once Heights gets the lead Russia can hold all they want.
I have no idea about the history of this program.....any body got the story about this school?

]
i really don't know nothing about the program, us boys in MAC country just worry about Football season..
Think I can give you the MAC PG version.

Think about MAC football. Some years the MAC sends very talented teams to the state championship. A few years the MAC wins not only the smallest division in the state, but the next two as well. Now picture a year where one of those MAC teams is simply blowing the competition away, running clocks to end every game.

Now Invision that team, having every great player from all the other MAC schools transfer in to play the next season. That is pretty much RH in a nutshell. They were really, really good, then some better players wanted to join up, and now they are exceptional.

It's basketball and there's no shot clock so, I guess anything an happen. But Richmond Heights is stupid good. If they were in D1, I'd either have them or Centerville as favorites -- but it'd be close either way. I think they return a lot of their kids, too. Between them and Lue East, you probably have 2 of the top 5 or 6 teams in the state in the D3/D4. Would have been nice if RH was D3 and they rematched with Lue East and only one of them made the final four.

Oh well. Good luck to Russia. Maybe they can limit possessions to 15 or something and win 20-19. If they play anything over 40 possessions it'll be not good. As a sort of indicator, RH played Hilliard Bradley earlier in the season. Bradley was a solid D1 team -- made it the district finals before losing to PC. And Bradley plays slow, disciplined basketball. RH blew their doors off, 59-32. They also won at St Ed's in a great game, but that's not really applicable b/c Ed's played up and down the court with them.

Last edited:
Also, Dorian Jones is a sophomore PG that is, at this stage, a top 50 national player in his class. Also, DeErick Barber has D1 offers. He's also a sophomore guard. And I'm sure DeMaris Winters, anothe sophomore, has or will have offers -- I just don't know.

This is the youngest team RH has ever had. Two of the starters (Jones and Barber) started last year as Frosh when they won the state title (57-21 and 50-29 in the final four).

They are just a huge collection of talent that will be together for another two years. If you like watching outstanding HS basketball players then they're a really great team to watch.

Like I said, Russia may get them. It's tournament basketball, Upsets happen. But, if I had to bet, I'd be way more inclined toward something like 50-30. And I'd love to see RH in the D1 FF playing Centerville and/or Pick Central.

Also, Dorian Jones is a sophomore PG that is, at this stage, a top 50 national player in his class. Also, DeErick Barber has D1 offers. He's also a sophomore guard. And I'm sure DeMaris Winters, anothe sophomore, has or will have offers -- I just don't know.

This is the youngest team RH has ever had. Two of the starters (Jones and Barber) started last year as Frosh when they won the state title (57-21 and 50-29 in the final four).

They are just a huge collection of talent that will be together for another two years. If you like watching outstanding HS basketball players then they're a really great team to watch.

Like I said, Russia may get them. It's tournament basketball, Upsets happen. But, if I had to bet, I'd be way more inclined toward something like 50-30. And I'd love to see RH in the D1 FF playing Centerville and/or Pick Central.
If Russia could beat 1972 USA, then they can beat Richmond Heights

Oh, wait

They return all their main players the next two years. Just think how good they will be after they get taller, stronger and more skilled after a Summer of high level AAU. They will be scary good. There is a chance they move to D3 based on boy count. I'm not sure how many are graduating and how many are coming in. It won't matter what division.

Richmond Heights will be the best team in the state next year and the year after and they may be the best team in the state right now. That they're competing in D4 is just ridiculous. Sort of like the season or 2 (can't remember how many) that LeBron's SVSM teams were D3.

So, I'm torn. On the one hand, I really do enjoy watching really good HS basketball teams. One the other, watching super teams destroy true community teams is disheartening. Really wish RH was D1. THAT would be fun.

Unfortunately it's the system and you cannot place teams based on talent because talent changes year to year. School size and CB is the only real way to separate schools. I'm sure many don't feel some of the MAC schools belong in the division they do when it comes to football. Same can be said for Graham in wrestling and many other programs. They are just blessed right now to have an abundance of talent. It's not just the privates anymore - the small urban public schools are just as talented or more. Heights is a beast right now.

Unfortunately it's the system and you cannot place teams based on talent because talent changes year to year. School size and CB is the only real way to separate schools. I'm sure many don't feel some of the MAC schools belong in the division they do when it comes to football. Same can be said for Graham in wrestling and many other programs. They are just blessed right now to have an abundance of talent. It's not just the privates anymore - the small urban public schools are just as talented or more. Heights is a beast right now.
Facts!!

Think of all the dreams they're going to ruin for all these schools that have a once in a lifetime shot of getting to the State Finals/winning a State Championship only to run into them.
Unless you win the final game of the year every other team has their dreams ruined. How many dreams have the MAC ruined in football ? Kirtland has lost two games in 3 years - both to MAC schools in the state championship. Kirtland is everything that is right with lower level HS football. The MAC in football is no different then Heights in basketball.

Unless you win the final game of the year every other team has their dreams ruined. How many dreams have the MAC ruined in football ? Kirtland has lost two games in 3 years - both to MAC schools in the state championship. Kirtland is everything that is right with lower level HS football. The MAC in football is no different then Heights in basketball.
I disagree a world of difference I suspect...

I don't think anyone is moving to MAC to form all-star/AAU teams

Family's don't move in so kids can play at one of those elite programs ? They just by coincidence compete for state championships year in and year out.
No. That doesn’t happen. It’s obvious you aren’t familiar with the area.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
This may be the dumbest post I've read today.