Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

D7 JFK will be lucky to even field a team this year, it's getting closer to the end...
Like I said, no one knows what the future holds. It doesn't change the facts though. Hubbard is historically mediocore at best, that's a fact that wont change either.

Like I said, no one knows what the future holds. It doesn't change the facts though. Hubbard is historically mediocore at best, that's a fact that wont change either.
Your total hatred for all things Hubbard only matches your total hatred for all things Girard, just ask ICBM.

You're getting pretty famous for all the hatred you spew...

Struthers wouldn’t vote against the wishes of the conference. If bayuk wasn’t at JFK the cats wouldn’t have scrimmaged them.

don’t love the prospect of scrimmaging them now though with the program in disarray

But it makes him feel better to say that JFK has 29 seniors, the school is not in a nice part of town, they are D7 and whatever other not so subtle digs. I have been reading his comments and wonder what JFK ever did to piss him off. It’s pretty clear, even with all of the “issues” at JFK, some in Hubbard are still quite jealous of the success that the D7 JFK program has had over the years.

But it makes him feel better to say that JFK has 29 seniors, the school is not in a nice part of town, they are D7 and whatever other not so subtle digs. I have been reading his comments and wonder what JFK ever did to piss him off. It’s pretty clear, even with all of the “issues” at JFK, some in Hubbard are still quite jealous of the success that the D7 JFK program has had over the years.
Careful, you be accused of "spewing hatred". Don't you dare speak ill of the mighty Hubbard Eagles.

Your total hatred for all things Hubbard only matches your total hatred for all things Girard, just ask ICBM.

You're getting pretty famous for all the hatred you spew...
Yep, can't stand Girard. Never said I hated Hubbard, just pointed out the facts in the face of your slights towards a school that has had much more success.

From what I recall Louisville was outed because they have/had D1 numbers and almost ever other school is D3/D4 in the ebc. Now they are losing against teams with similar numbers in enrollment. Aside from the last few years they still would have been a top team in the ebc. It’s not hard to do the math… higher enrollment.. more kids to pick from.. and don’t they run their own little league amongst their own? I’ve never heard a lower division school doing that. Lastly I’d love alliance to play teams in the NE8. I was in school during our Mac years. Travel wasn’t bad and we were a middle of the pack team. I could see good matchups coming from that arrangement.
Alliance has been playing Niles for about 4 years now, and they had a few games with Hubbard recently too. I believe. Louisville is losing to teams now that are a lot bigger than them now. Funny, higher enrollment is not always the calling card for success. Just ask South Range, the smallest school in the NE8 made the conference their b***h. Or ask Glen Oak one of the biggest schools in the Fed and are the bottom feeders.

Who was it that kicked JFK out of the MVC?
It was primarily Poland and Canfield, and all the rest followed in tow. Or they would be left behind.
The MAC started as a way to get rid of both JFK and Memorial, who were obviously winning too much and too often. With Memorial, it was more of a demographic issue that couldn't be tolerated anymore.
There were lots of other issues, but that's how it sort of panned out once the MAC became a new conference.
I was in the military at the time and stationed overseas, so I probably only know the little that was sent to me in clippings from the paper.

Alliance has been playing Niles for about 4 years now, and they had a few games with Hubbard recently too. I believe. Louisville is losing to teams now that are a lot bigger than them now. Funny, higher enrollment is not always the calling card for success. Just ask South Range, the smallest school in the NE8 made the conference their b***h. Or ask Glen Oak one of the biggest schools in the Fed and are the bottom feeders.
We haven’t played Hubbard but I was at the Niles game last year. Community involvement is an issue too. The only thing our school system cares about is football but they can’t keep kids coming out. Nice youth wrestling program and for the love of god we send kids to the candy ymca league to play basketball. Every surrounding school in the area has youth sports and numbers except maybe Minerva.

It was primarily Poland and Canfield, and all the rest followed in tow. Or they would be left behind.
The MAC started as a way to get rid of both JFK and Memorial, who were obviously winning too much and too often. With Memorial, it was more of a demographic issue that couldn't be tolerated anymore.
There were lots of other issues, but that's how it sort of panned out once the MAC became a new conference.
I was in the military at the time and stationed overseas, so I probably only know the little that was sent to me in clippings from the paper.
Thank you for your service! 🇺🇸

Struthers wouldn’t vote against the wishes of the conference. If bayuk wasn’t at JFK the cats wouldn’t have scrimmaged them.

don’t love the prospect of scrimmaging them now though with the program in disarray
I would venture to guess Nancy will have a backup plan just in case to fill that open slot if they can't scrimmage Struthers.

We haven’t played Hubbard but I was at the Niles game last year. Community involvement is an issue too. The only thing our school system cares about is football but they can’t keep kids coming out. Nice youth wrestling program and for the love of god we send kids to the candy ymca league to play basketball. Every surrounding school in the area has youth sports and numbers except maybe Minerva.
You must have smoked too many blunts recently. We have most certainly played Hubbard.
2018 Hubbard Drilled us 63-13
2019 Alliance 17-13
2020 Hubbard 42-38 “Covid Playoff Game”

Alliance would be a good fit in the NE8. Issue would be travel and school size. The NE8 is slightly smaller than the EBC and Alliance is the biggest school in the EBC. Travel would be the biggest issue. Pretty much all schools are 45 minutes plus from Alliance.

But from a competitive and demographic fit I think it’s more realistic then the NBC/EBC. Alliance has played Hubbard, Niles, Poland since the inception of the NE8.

Would absolutely love to see Struthers back on the schedule. We would play them Week 1 when I was a kid. Also playing Hubbard is a must in the near future. Absolutely loved their stadium. Other than the a** whooping week 1 in 2018. Both the 2019/2020 were fantastic games to watch. I’m not sure if Alliance has ever played South Range, Lakeview, or Girard.

Alliance has never played South Range, most likely never played Lakeview, and I think they played Girard once or twice.

You must have smoked too many blunts recently. We have most certainly played Hubbard.
2019 Alliance 17-13
That Hubbard/Alliance series was nice for both schools. I know a lot of the Hubbard faithful would like to see the Aviators back on the Eagles schedule in the near future. Hopefully it'll happen...

Alliance has never played South Range, most likely never played Lakeview, and I think they played Girard once or twice.
I have the Records for Alliance football.

VS NE8
Niles 14-19-4 37 Games
Struthers 6-9-1 16 Games
Hubbard 1-2 3 Games
Poland Seminary 1-2 3 games

Never have played
Jefferson, Girard, Lakeview, South Range

Other Mahoning Valley Area Teams
Canfield 3-11 14 Games
Ursuline 6-4-1 11 Games (1 win by forfeit)
Campbell Memorial 3-2 5 Games
Cardinal Mooney 1-0 1 Game
Warren Harding 11-21-2 34 Games

Alliance has a rich history too with YCS. I’ll have to go back and look vs the defunct high schools because I know we have played Rayen, North, South.

Chaney 6-1-1 8 Games (Only loss was most recent playoff loss in 2022)
East 2-0 2 games

Alliance is happy in the EBC. They are in a good situation, being the largest school in the league. In addition, all league opponents, except Carrollton, are close, the gate revenues are excellent and the competition throughout the league is solid. The nice thing about a six-member league like the EBC is having the ability to play five independent games in football, so the opportunity for Alliance to play some NE8 schools in the independent portion of its schedule is there.

I have the Records for Alliance football.

Warren Harding 11-21-2 34 Games

Alliance has a rich history too with YCS. I’ll have to go back and look vs the defunct high schools because I know we have played Rayen, North, South.

Chaney 6-1-1 8 Games (Only loss was most recent playoff loss in 2022)
East 2-0 2 games
Many younger people here may not know (or care) that Alliance was in the All-American Conference with Warren Harding, Massillon, Canton McKinley, Niles and Steubenville. We played Alliance every year at all levels of HS.

Last edited:
Many younger people here may not know (or care) that Alliance was in the All-American Conference with Warren Harding, Massillon, Canton McKinley, Niles and Steubenville. We played Alliance every year at all levels of HS.
The old All-American Conference was one of the greatest leagues in Ohio high school football history. All those tradition-rich teams in the same league. They would pack all those huge stadiums every Friday and sometimes Saturday night. Did Niles play on Saturday nights back then? Seems to me one or two of those schools did.

Funny that back then you got into a league where you knew there was elite competition. Now schools break up a league because one school set the bar a little to high for little Johnny😂.

The old All-American Conference was one of the greatest leagues in Ohio high school football history. All those tradition-rich teams in the same league. They would pack all those huge stadiums every Friday and sometimes Saturday night. Did Niles play on Saturday nights back then? Seems to me one or two of those schools did.
Yes, we played on Saturday night and JV games were on Monday

Yes, we played on Saturday night and JV games were on Monday
That was called Riverside Stadium back then before it became Bo Rein Stadium. Correct? I have an old All-American Conference publication they put out on all of the schools in the All-American Conference and it's impressive with all the big names that played in that league.

I know Alliance's Stadium was named Hartshorn Stadium back then. Then it became Mount Union Stadium, then Kehres Stadium. I remember going to my first Alliance game as a little kid and they had huge end zone bleachers at Hartshorn Stadium which seated about 7,000-8000 fans back then. Today, I think the stadium seats between 5,000-6,000.

That was called Riverside Stadium back then before it became Bo Rein Stadium. Correct? I have an old All-American Conference publication they put out on all of the schools in the All-American Conference and it's impressive with all the big names that played in that league.
Yes, Riverside Stadium. Games started at 8:15pm. Nobody complained about the drive time between the schools, the stadiums were packed. We actually had games where neighborhoods would get together and charter a bus to all go down to Massillon together. No college football on TV on Saturday nights. Everyone put posters in their windows for "Beat Alliance" or Beat Canton and there would be caravans of cars all decorated for a parade around town to the players houses on Friday night to decorate their yards. And the entire team would go to the 5:00pm mass at church on Saturday before the game.
Times have changed.
Now if a team is actually good...don't let them in the league!! Cancel them! Kick them out! Don't schedule them! OMG they are 45minutes away! 😂

Yes, Riverside Stadium. Games started at 8:15pm. Nobody complained about the drive time between the schools, the stadiums were packed. We actually had games where neighborhoods would get together and charter a bus to all go down to Massillon together. No college football on TV on Saturday nights. Everyone put posters in their windows for "Beat Alliance" or Beat Canton and there would be caravans of cars all decorated for a parade around town to the players houses on Friday night to decorate their yards. And the entire team would go to the 5:00pm mass at church on Saturday before the game.
Times have changed.
Now if a team is actually good...don't let them in the league!! Cancel them! Kick them out! Don't schedule them! OMG they are 45minutes away! 😂
Was this before the moon landing?

I remember as a kid listening to Youngstown sports radio back then. I believe every Thursday night it was either Denny Barrett or Don Gardner, or maybe both at different times, had a great show talking about all the Youngstown-area football games that weekend. Couldn't wait to hear those shows each week. Would stay up late to listen to them. Very informative. That was long before the internet and the sports information we have available with a simple key stroke today. Those two were legendary sports announcers.

2019 Alliance 17-13
I didn’t start following alliance sports again until after Covid champ.. also don’t smoke 😉