Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

West Branch and Salem are very happy in the EBC. It's a league that produces good gate revenue and many of the schools are close from a geographical standpoint, as well as a competition factor. West Branch and Salem have no interest in exploring other league options — and that's coming from people in positions of authority at both schools who would know. End of story in regard to them. The EBC is rock solid with its six members, and I think you'll see a seventh team from Columbiana County added within a couple years, so all you "EBC is about to end" conspiracy theorists can forget it.

West Branch and Salem are very happy in the EBC. It's a league that produces good gate revenue and many of the schools are close from a geographical standpoint, as well as a competition factor. West Branch and Salem have no interest in exploring other league options — and that's coming from people in positions of authority at both schools who would know. End of story in regard to them. The EBC is rock solid with its six members, and I think you'll see a seventh team from Columbiana County added within a couple years, so all you "EBC is about to end" conspiracy theorists can forget it.
Totally agree, no way WB or Salem want to jump from the EBC where they are top tier schools and go to NE8 and be middle to bottom. The only school who might jump out of the EBC is Minerva to something like the PAC 7.

Totally agree, no way WB or Salem want to jump from the EBC where they are top tier schools and go to NE8 and be middle to bottom. The only school who might jump out of the EBC is Minerva to something like the PAC 7.
West Branch would compete for league titles annually. Salem would be more likely to be average.

Minerva is rock solid in the EBC. Not going anywhere and that comes from a person who would know.

There was absolutely talks this past season about WB joining the NE8 a lot has to do with if the EBC will add more teams

The last 2 years absolutely they woulda finished second to SR, but let’s not forget they were like 2-8 a few years ago. Talent in public schools goes in waves that’s why people trying to add the good teams now might not even be good in 5 years
Great point. I had recency bias. I also saw them last year and I think their high numbers also influences me a little bit. It seems like they are building something. But you’re right, public schools you never know.

I think the NE8 and EBC should stay with the teams they have and figure out a way to schedule crossover games with each other filling in the ooc games. I think it handles scheduling and would be good games annually
It would be fun to have the games week 10 and the #1 EBC vs #1NBC, 2 vs 2, etc.

West Branch will be going for the school's 400th football win in 2023. They have an all-time record of 394 wins, 252 losses and five ties with 41 winning seasons, 15 losing campaigns and seven .500 finishes. That's pretty impressive for a school district that's only 63 years old. In addition, they have won the varsity, JV and freshmen football titles the past three years while going undefeated in the league at all three levels.

West Branch will be going for the school's 400th football win in 2023. They have an all-time record of 394 wins, 252 losses and five ties with 41 winning seasons, 15 losing campaigns and seven .500 finishes. That's pretty impressive for a school district that's only 63 years old. In addition, they have won the varsity, JV and freshmen football titles the past three years while going undefeated in the league at all three levels.
What were they before they became west branch ?

I believe some of the kids went to Sebring and most went to Goshen Union before they became West Branch in 1960. I think they were also called Mahoning Local for a year or two before they became West Branch. I believe they are called West Branch because the west branch of the Mahoning River runs through the district.

What's interesting and somewhat ironic is this: West Branch doesn't come up much when people talk about Mahoning County sports teams (I believe because they are in a Stark/Columbiana/Carroll County league), yet the school is named for the west branch of the Mahoning River.

What's interesting and somewhat ironic is this: West Branch doesn't come up much when people talk about Mahoning County sports teams (I believe because they are in a Stark/Columbiana/Carroll County league), yet the school is named for the west branch of the Mahoning River.
Yeah probably cause it seems so far away from most of the main mahoning county schools

I agree. This will give teams more flexibility to schedule a tougher OOC games that will help develop teams.
I agree as well: I actually favor playing more out-of-conference games, along with playing league games, of course. It's nice to see some new teams on the schedule every few years. I actually like the fact the EBC teams play five non-league opponents.

And I always thought Ravenna Southeast should have been called West Branch due to the state park and reservoir located in the school district. But maybe Southeast ( formed in1950's) had already chosen their name.

I do know that Southeast, Western Reserve, West Branch and possibly Sebring school districts border each other. Kind of like the spot where 5 states border each other.

I do know that Southeast, Western Reserve, West Branch and possibly Sebring school districts border each other. Kind of like the spot where 5 states border each other.
So true. Another oddity is this: The West Branch School District entirely surrounds the Sebring District. That's bizarre how they drew it up after they broke up the short-lived Mahoning Local (a school system where Sebring and WB kids were actually together for one or two years). The Sebring District used to take in the additional rural area outside of the village. But when Mahoning Local broke up, what became West Branch got all of that rural area and Sebring was left as the donut hole in the middle. Hence, West Branch grew, at that time, and Sebring's numbers dwindled and continue to do so.

I agree. This will give teams more flexibility to schedule a tougher OOC games that will help develop teams.
Funny that only Poland and SR actually look at the conference as weak and need to schedule up. Everyone else views the conference has having enough "L" possibly with the league schedule and look for cupcakes like St. Thomas for easy "W" to pad their records. All those OOC games with the 7 schools only Poland and SR scheduled Canfield. Nobody was up to the challenge of playing a D2 school like Green but SR. The league needs to just add Canfield and if Lakeview leaves add Howland. Then, only Canfield needs to go look for big games in the 3 OOC.

Funny that only Poland and SR actually look at the conference as weak and need to schedule up. Everyone else views the conference has having enough "L" possibly with the league schedule and look for cupcakes like St. Thomas for easy "W" to pad their records. All those OOC games with the 7 schools only Poland and SR scheduled Canfield. Nobody was up to the challenge of playing a D2 school like Green but SR. The league needs to just add Canfield and if Lakeview leaves add Howland. Then, only Canfield needs to go look for big games in the 3 OOC.
Poland scheduled Canfield because they are a rival. St Thomas was a decent program when my cats scheduled them. South rain scheduled green because they are smart. And Canfield bailed on them. 16 teams make the playoffs. You can afford to lose 3-4 games a year now. Canfield will never ever be in this league and neither will Howland.

From what I recall Louisville was outed because they have/had D1 numbers and almost ever other school is D3/D4 in the ebc. Now they are losing against teams with similar numbers in enrollment. Aside from the last few years they still would have been a top team in the ebc. It’s not hard to do the math… higher enrollment.. more kids to pick from.. and don’t they run their own little league amongst their own? I’ve never heard a lower division school doing that. Lastly I’d love alliance to play teams in the NE8. I was in school during our Mac years. Travel wasn’t bad and we were a middle of the pack team. I could see good matchups coming from that arrangement.

@xXAviatorEliteXx Louisville hasn't been higher than D-III in the past 10 years, and possibly even further back than that. Alliance might have actually had a short stint of being D-II in that period. At a minimum Alliance was at least D-III that whole time as well.