Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

They got more than just the kid from jfk coming , you’ll find out soon enough
Mr. Easton. Good to see you again.

All the kids you think you are bringing in won’t change something very important- a town full of cowards that do not believe in physicality. A town that relies on finesse, in which you cannot out finesse the teams in your own league. Lakeview stinks. They ran off a great young coach who is a close friend. They get what they deserve. As a town full of cowards should.
Jesus go for the throat

1996: 11-1 Reg Runner-up
1997 8-2 Playoffs
1998: 6-4
1999: 9-3 Playoffs
2000: 7-3 Playoffs
2001: 12-1 Reg Runner-Up
2002: 7-3
2003: 11-1 Playoffs
2004: 11-2 Reg Runner-up
2005: 13-1 Regional Champions
2006: 12-1 Reg Runner-up
2007: 12-1 Reg Runner-up
2008: 8-3 Playoffs
2009: 2-8
2010: 7-4 Playoffs
2011: 5-5
2012: 7-3
2013: 11-1 Playoffs
2014 8-2
2015 6-4

Rather I would say it was Crestview having a fantastic run and SR have a dip in talent for a short period. They also won a bunch of ICL Championships before the ITCL was created.
You don't need to tell me how good SR was/is lol, they've been the model of success since Yeagley has been there and a program I have been a big fan of. I remember those early 2000's teams quite vividly with guys like Darkadakis, Rach, the Johnstons. The point of my post was the split between the ITCL schools and SR came at the perfect time when SR without a doubt outgrew the rest of the league and that SR didn't just dominate the ITCL, compared to Louisville, who I believe won many EBC titles in a row before being booted.

I understand. I agree with you but just had a slightly different view as to the “why”. A lot of people think that SR just got really good after they went open enrollment Ten years ago. The schedule definitely got WAY harder since getting booted from ITCL and there was an adjustment period.

Also, South Range has been a state championship program for the past three seasons and I don’t know if Louisville ever went to the state championship game during their time against those teams.
Yep, Louisville went to the state championship game in 2007

They got more than just the kid from jfk coming , you’ll find out soon enough
Funny how you bashed the Dawgs while your son was at JFK, but now they’re going to shock the world. Personally I’d love to see them become competitive again, Pav ruined the program and hated to see Bellino leave good young coach hopefully he becomes a head coach again down the road.

Girard
Struthers
Hubbard
SR

will be a ton better then the other half of the league, so that’s not a shot at lakeview, I hope lakeviews new coach teaches them how to tackle or complete a pass, if not it’s going to be wishful thinking and probably a bad decision for the parents moving their kids back into that school

Girard
Struthers
Hubbard
SR

will be a ton better then the other half of the league, so that’s not a shot at lakeview, I hope lakeviews new coach teaches them how to tackle or complete a pass, if not it’s going to be wishful thinking and probably a bad decision for the parents moving their kids back into that school
Lakeviews new coach was on the old coaches staff. So I'm guessing the passing and tackling will be about the same. The Easton kid will probably be their best player but there is a very steep hill to climb there. They will finish at or near the bottom of the league as long as they are in it.

Either way Lakeview is going to struggle in this league for years to come. That being said. I agree with others when they say the MVAC is a perfect fit for them. Because it is.

Funny how you bashed the Dawgs while your son was at JFK, but now they’re going to shock the world. Personally I’d love to see them become competitive again, Pav ruined the program and hated to see Bellino leave good young coach hopefully he becomes a head coach again down the road.
I think Sam will end up being hubbards coach in 2-5 years

I hope lakeviews new coach teaches them how to tackle or complete a pass, if not it’s going to be wishful thinking and probably a bad decision for the parents moving their kids back into that school

If 1 of them is the Warren QB then that will help the throwing part but completing a pass requires someone on the other end catching it and I'm not sure who that would be.

Last season’s backup and expected starter was a sophomore from Cortland that attends WGH through open enrollment, played when Jett was injured
Yes, I I know who that is, but he is not the talent of Jett. If he goes back to Lakeview, it is not like they will be some big force in the NE8

Yes, I I know who that is, but he is not the talent of Jett. If he goes back to Lakeview, it is not like they will be some big force in the NE8
Agree, but has a chance to help them grow for 2024 and it’s not like WGH has much relevance anymore

You don't need to tell me how good SR was/is lol, they've been the model of success since Yeagley has been there and a program I have been a big fan of. I remember those early 2000's teams quite vividly with guys like Darkadakis, Rach, the Johnstons. The point of my post was the split between the ITCL schools and SR came at the perfect time when SR without a doubt outgrew the rest of the league and that SR didn't just dominate the ITCL, compared to Louisville, who I believe won many EBC titles in a row before being booted.
And don't forget that South Range was starting to take control of the ICL before the ICL and TCL decided in 2005 that they needed to merge to try to put the biggest schools together. I think there was even talk back then about South Range joining some sort of TAC-8, ICL, and TCL configuration. In the end, SR is in a great spot to be successful in all sports. Hopefully, the NE8 will remain stable moving forward and a school can be found to replace Jefferson.

Girard
Struthers
Hubbard
SR

So, if Girard, Struthers, Hubbard, SR, and maybe Poland are so far ahead of Lakeview and Niles why would you want either in your NE8. And if Howland in everyone's opinion is not worthy of being on the field with the top talent in the NE8, I guess the list of who is "the best fit for the NE8" has to be schools who can maybe compete with the top schools. It seems that based on the talent gap the top half has over the bottom it means the best fit needs to come from the possible pool of Boardman, Fitch, Canfield, Harding, Ursuline and maybe Steubenville. It seems to be such a waste of time to talk about other schools like BL, Salem and WB when that same talent gap would continue to exist with those schools compared to the elite top half of the NE8.

Salem and WB are the consensus best choice, I think. I'm pretty sure most would even take both -- and play the extra conference game. It would be the best fit across all sports.

Howland, IMO, is next.

And that's it. I wouldn't take BL at all. IMO, it would end up being "South Jefferson" which is total meh.

The reality is they don't have many good choices. Salem/WB aren't leaving the EBC as far as I know. Howland--I dunno. And everything after? -- they're probably better off at 7. And that's the most likely outcome, IMO, by far.

So, if Girard, Struthers, Hubbard, SR, and maybe Poland are so far ahead of Lakeview and Niles why would you want either in your NE8. And if Howland in everyone's opinion is not worthy of being on the field with the top talent in the NE8, I guess the list of who is "the best fit for the NE8" has to be schools who can maybe compete with the top schools. It seems that based on the talent gap the top half has over the bottom it means the best fit needs to come from the possible pool of Boardman, Fitch, Canfield, Harding, Ursuline and maybe Steubenville. It seems to be such a waste of time to talk about other schools like BL, Salem and WB when that same talent gap would continue to exist with those schools compared to the elite top half of the NE8.
You want Niles to play down so bad lol

Leagues arnt set up to just have all good teams, with the public school system being the way it is, you’re going to have up years and down years. I thought that was obvious

Salem and WB are the consensus best choice, I think. I'm pretty sure most would even take both -- and play the extra conference game. It would be the best fit across all sports.

Howland, IMO, is next.

And that's it. I wouldn't take BL at all. IMO, it would end up being "South Jefferson" which is total meh.

The reality is they don't have many good choices. Salem/WB aren't leaving the EBC as far as I know. Howland--I dunno. And everything after? -- they're probably better off at 7. And that's the most likely outcome, IMO, by far.
I agree BL will be good this year but after that they’re most similar to even a Edgewood then a formidable opponent annually l

Leagues arnt set up to just have all good teams, with the public school system being the way it is, you’re going to have up years and down years. I thought that was obvious
What is obvious when you read all the post on Yappi, schools that put $$ into athletic programs and $$ for good coaches they will win. These 16-18 year old kids are all capable of winning if there is school, and community support. You name the winning program: Massillon, Fitch, SR, Ursuline, Steubenville, etc. you would find the same story with community support, good coaches and $$ in the program. Look at the $ being spent at Fitch, right now! At Louisville they hire a college coach who is not teaching, where does that $$ come from?

What is obvious when you read all the post on Yappi, schools that put $$ into athletic programs and $$ for good coaches they will win. These 16-18 year old kids are all capable of winning if there is school, and community support. You name the winning program: Massillon, Fitch, SR, Ursuline, Steubenville, etc. you would find the same story with community support, good coaches and $$ in the program. Look at the $ being spent at Fitch, right now! At Louisville they hire a college coach who is not teaching, where does that $$ come from?
You add all good teams well someone has to lose lol

You add all good teams well someone has to lose lol
That's right. That is why leagues are so hard to form and then stay together. Let's not forget, if a school joins a league that they are a doormat in every year, good luck getting community support for levies.