What schools will need a new coach in 2024

Am I to be accused of recency bias, or is this list (statewide) of vacancies longer than past years?

I guess Rob Oller of the Columbus Dispatch did an article about this phenomenon last Sunday, but I didn’t read it, refusing to go through their paywall.

Am I to be accused of recency bias, or is this list (statewide) of vacancies longer than past years?

I guess Rob Oller of the Columbus Dispatch did an article about this phenomenon last Sunday, but I didn’t read it, refusing to go through their paywall.
And the list is just starting!

long and distinguished. Problem is, coaches that have stepped down are not moving onto other openings. I see the this trend ( as we see in officiating ) continuing.

Northwest Ohio list:

Bucyrus
Crestline
Edison
Galion
Highland - hired Ryan Stover
Hillsdale
Huron - hired Toby Miller
Lima Central Catholic
Marion Elgin
McComb
Oregon Clay
Paulding
Ridgemont
Rossford
Sandusky St. Mary
South Central - hired Dallas Yost
Sylvania Southview
Toledo Bowsher
West Holmes - hired Ben Belden
Wooster

Interested to see who Bowsher, Clay, LCC, Rossford, and Southview will go with to fill their vacancies. Depending on hires - could cause some more openings in the area.

At what point ( and I think we are already there ) do these jobs finally get filled by all of the unqualified parents from the stands. This is a joke. there is no way there are enough coaches out there to fill all of these.

At what point ( and I think we are already there ) do these jobs finally get filled by all of the unqualified parents from the stands. This is a joke. there is no way there are enough coaches out there to fill all of these.
Seems to me that things are going to go a couple of ways. First like you mentioned, some parent is going to have to do it just so they have a coach (I would not advise this lol). Second option is admins in the school will have to do it, the AD or whomever or beg a teacher in the building. Other option is that schools are going to have to give head coaching jobs to younger and younger people out of college and hope that they don't get run out by parents because they were put into a situation they were not ready for just yet.

I wonder why tax payers are forking out hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay multiple administrators in their school district when the parents can make all the decisions.

Northwest Ohio list:

Bucyrus
Crestline
Edison
Galion
Highland - hired Ryan Stover
Hillsdale
Huron - hired Toby Miller
Lima Central Catholic
Marion Elgin
McComb
Oregon Clay
Paulding
Ridgemont
Rossford
Sandusky St. Mary
South Central - hired Dallas Yost
Sylvania Southview
Toledo Bowsher
West Holmes - hired Ben Belden
Wooster
Elgin position will officially be filled at school board meeting Monday.

East district: Barnesville hires JV coach Shane Stephens to replace Johnny Hines who stepped down last month. Shenandoah conducting interviews early next week.