What schools will need a new coach in 2024

Monroe hasn't gotten anywhere with Horne at the helm. We need someone to bring a different approach. Monroe plays too soft and passes the ball too much. They waste too much time.
Horne does a great job with what he has. First year in DI tourney play and he gets a first round victory that's pretty good if you ask me. Monroe is growing at a pretty high rate right now this is just a league job for now...

Horne hardly ever rotated his starters this year. No wonder they were wore out by the 4th quarter. Don't know if our jv isn't any good or that's just his philosophy or what?

The word on the street is former Worthington Christian coach Kevin Weakley will be back on the sidelines, as the head man, at a new school this upcoming season. What school? Dunno. But, it’s expected.

Any idea of when and who will fill some of these positions? Some of these jobs have been posted for awhile now.
Same thing I am wondering. A lot of these are open longer than I thought. Rossford has to have a ton of applicants. I’m curious who all is going for it. It’s a quality job and can attract some head coaches that are currently at big schools.

Same thing I am wondering. A lot of these are open longer than I thought. Rossford has to have a ton of applicants. I’m curious who all is going for it. It’s a quality job and can attract some head coaches that are currently at big schools.
Rumors I have heard about Rossford are that it's Jamie Kachmarik's job if he wants it. With those beautiful facilities and new buildings going up, that could be a great job.

That Southview job also is fascinating, IMO. This job would draw some interest from higher-profile coaches in the area.

Rumors I have heard about Rossford are that it's Jamie Kachmarik's job if he wants it. With those beautiful facilities and new buildings going up, that could be a great job.

That Southview job also is fascinating, IMO. This job would draw some interest from higher-profile coaches in the area.
I thought Jamie just got to St. Francis. Son plays baseball there too. That would be an interesting move. That would create some dominos.

Southview is an interesting job. I wonder how supportive the administration is there. They always have at least mid level talent there. Plus it will play in the small division in the NLL.

I thought Jamie just got to St. Francis. Son plays baseball there too. That would be an interesting move. That would create some dominos.

Southview is an interesting job. I wonder how supportive the administration is there. They always have at least mid level talent there. Plus it will play in the small division in the NLL.
The thing about St. Francis and the other catholic schools moving to the Detriot league is how long do those coaches want to spend traveling to Detriot all the time? That seems like it would get old after a while.

Not sure about the administration at Southview, but they have a nice gym and always seem to have good athletes in the school. Liked you mentioned being in the small division helps them even more.

The thing about St. Francis and the other catholic schools moving to the Detriot league is how long do those coaches want to spend traveling to Detriot all the time? That seems like it would get old after a while.

Not sure about the administration at Southview, but they have a nice gym and always seem to have good athletes in the school. Liked you mentioned being in the small division helps them even more.
For the Catholic schools it will be more about the ability to compete than anything. I think the central division in CHSL is 6 teams. So subbing out Lima, Fremont and Findlay for 3 Detroit schools are about the same travel time. The competition though is a completely different level.

The days of top applicants coming out in full force for 1 job are basically done. Many schools think their opening is one of the best. NOT. Some of these great programs have been ruined by incompetent and administration meddling. Some may recover, many won’t get back to the glory days on a continuous basis.

I catch the sarcasm, but the current cultural trends in public school make it really hard to coach kids well.
He supposedly called a player the P word. Was supposedly suspended for a game or 2. Eventually his firing was made official. SMH

He supposedly called a player the P word. Was supposedly suspended for a game or 2. Eventually his firing was made official. SMH
My comment wasn't directed at the UA situation specifically, just a general observation.

When the public school system is pushing that everyone has their own "truth" and that "truth" should be affirmed, trying to motivate and hold kids accountable becomes impossible.

My comment wasn't directed at the UA situation specifically, just a general observation.

When the public school system is pushing that everyone has their own "truth" and that "truth" should be affirmed, trying to motivate and hold kids accountable becomes impossible.
I didn’t take that as your reference to U. Arlington. Just updating their situation. I agree about public school systems. The Spineless who run many of these school districts are weak, kissing people. Coaches/teachers/ players are pawns in their weak minded existence. Very sad !

I catch the sarcasm, but the current cultural trends in public school make it really hard to coach kids well.
be that as it may, the counterparts on the private side (wholesale) aren’t glowing bastions of “coach how you see fit” nor “unconditional support to the coach” themselves. They never were more ‘coach friendly’ than the publics to begin with, and for a variety of reasons they might not ever be.

be that as it may, the counterparts on the private side (wholesale) aren’t glowing bastions of “coach how you see fit” nor “unconditional support to the coach” themselves. They never were more ‘coach friendly’ than the publics to begin with, and for a variety of reasons they might not ever be.
Completely agree with your point, majority of parents and school leaders kind of suck everywhere.

Would be wild to see Kachmarik take that job. I know he's an alum, I just can't see it happening.

Rossford has become to be known as somewhat of an AAU recruiting public. With Vorst gone will this identity tag continue?
That’s a great question. I’d assume so. That’s how most schools that are decent and not from the middle of nowhere operate if they are pretty good and not a very large school