What are you watching?

Space Shuttle Columbia: The Final Flight
Parts 1 & 2
Not surprised to see more ineptness and arrogance from NASA leading to this disaster.

Fallout- 7/10. Some of the more hardcore fans of the video game are upset with how they retconned the lore. However, I thought it was pretty good.

Pros:
Immaculate set design
Walton Goggins
Female lead that’s not a Mary Sue
Violence/gore

Cons:
Somewhat predictable ending accompanied by cheesy dialogue
Bi*chin about big corporations while being streamed on Amazon Prime

NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Race

TV1: Montreal @ Detroit
TV2: NY Islanders @ New Jersey
TV3: Nashville @ Pittsburgh
Computer: Boston @ Washington

<all 4 games currently in intermission...... what do I do? >

Anyone watch the WNBA draft? Didn't watch as the Reds were on but I just marvel at the change in women's sports in a literal short amount of time. This looked like an Oscars award show or music awards. These ladies were dressed like they were models. Wonder if Angel Reese felt they were being "sexualized"??? Anyway, Remember the old days of Nancy Lieberman, Ann Myers, Cheryl Miller, Diana Tiaurasi, Sue Bird where they had the butch cuts and dressed like they were dudes? The old women libbers would had been appalled with the dress of these ladies. My how times have changed.

I would rather watch wnba draft than a Castellini owned team but no..didn't watch. We all know....sex sells in women's sports.
College softball start3d to get big when that hot blonde pitcher hit the scene...now all of them practically were skin tight bodysuits.
Villeyball....skimpy unis ...parents back in the day wouldnt allow their daughters wear studd like that bqck in the day and now its common plqce.
womans beach volleyball anyone?

sex sells.....
Anyone watch the WNBA draft? Didn't watch as the Reds were on but I just marvel at the change in women's sports in a literal short amount of time. This looked like an Oscars award show or music awards. These ladies were dressed like they were models. Wonder if Angel Reese felt they were being "sexualized"??? Anyway, Remember the old days of Nancy Lieberman, Ann Myers, Cheryl Miller, Diana Tiaurasi, Sue Bird where they had the butch cuts and dressed like they were dudes? The old women libbers would had been appalled with the dress of these ladies. My how times have changed.

I would rather watch wnba draft than a Castellini owned team but no..didn't watch. We all know....sex sells in women's sports.
College softball start3d to get big when that hot blonde pitcher hit the scene...now all of them practically were skin tight bodysuits.
Villeyball....skimpy unis ...parents back in the day wouldnt allow their daughters wear studd like that bqck in the day and now its common plqce.
womans beach volleyball anyone?

sex sells.....
I've never watched or not watched a team because of who the owner is? They don't play the game.

And you are 1000% right. I'm just waiting for the first WNBA player to do a Maxim spread or Playboy photo shoot. It's coming. The league has gone 180 from that standpoint. I think a few years back when you started seeing college women wear makeup, fake eye lashes and rolling their shorts up, it was on.
Jennie Finch was the blonde pitcher but honestly softball hasn't taken off and I do think the WNBA will plateau. Clark was a great college player but she'll have some struggles in the WNBA because the defenses are better, she's not just going to be able to shoot over 5'10" white guards who can't jump. She also may not have the green light to fire away from 35 feet like at Iowa. Many of the leagues regular players will take it as a challenge to shut her down.
Odd thing is too just following social media, seems like the bigger fans of the draft and the new WNBA players are young women I just don't ever see a day where you'll have a large male population follow women's team sports. Never have, never will.

I've never watched or not watched a team because of who the owner is? They don't play the game.

And you are 1000% right. I'm just waiting for the first WNBA player to do a Maxim spread or Playboy photo shoot. It's coming. The league has gone 180 from that standpoint. I think a few years back when you started seeing college women wear makeup, fake eye lashes and rolling their shorts up, it was on.
Jennie Finch was the blonde pitcher but honestly softball hasn't taken off and I do think the WNBA will plateau. Clark was a great college player but she'll have some struggles in the WNBA because the defenses are better, she's not just going to be able to shoot over 5'10" white guards who can't jump. She also may not have the green light to fire away from 35 feet like at Iowa. Many of the leagues regular players will take it as a challenge to shut her down.
Odd thing is too just following social media, seems like the bigger fans of the draft and the new WNBA players are young women I just don't ever see a day where you'll have a large male population follow women's team sports. Never have, never will.
I generally do not care about team ownership. Personally they should stay out of it, but when an owner tells his customers to essentially to GFT and what else are they gonna do then I say good riddance.
I found a lot of other things to do, to spend my money on, and to support.

He doesnt need us, so we do not need him.

Was a day I didnt miss a game via tv/radio and at teh very least would be checking the box score. Now....he freed me up to do so much more so...Mr. Castellini, thank you. Thank you for telling us customers off and daring us to go elsewhere as it has opened a whole new world for me in the spring and summer!

I generally do not care about team ownership. Personally they should stay out of it, but when an owner tells his customers to essentially to GFT and what else are they gonna do then I say good riddance.
I found a lot of other things to do, to spend my money on, and to support.

He doesnt need us, so we do not need him.

Was a day I didnt miss a game via tv/radio and at teh very least would be checking the box score. Now....he freed me up to do so much more so...Mr. Castellini, thank you. Thank you for telling us customers off and daring us to go elsewhere as it has opened a whole new world for me in the spring and summer!
So you went cold turkey on the Reds?

Sanford and Son reruns were on last night. What a great show that was. Simple comedy at it's best.

Since then I went to 1 game with Free tix under the guise that the post game was going to be Run DMC show..but in reality it was just Run as a DJ.
Montell Jordan was good tho.

Other than when I visit my parents and they have a game on...pretty much cold turkey yea.
I can name the DE la crews guy...probably it right now honestly now that votto left.

Not to go hijacking this thread any further, but that's what I did with the Guardians. I have no interest in supporting an owner who has shown no interest in trying to improve the team. Thankfully he's selling so once that happens I might go back to games again.

Sanford and Son reruns were on last night. What a great show that was. Simple comedy at it's best.
Is that on the channel The Grio?
I just noticed tha pop up as they are playing Diff'rent Strokes and been watching that! Entertaning, a bit hokey at times, tries to teach a valuable lesseon each episode and it is nice to not be bombarded and forced down our throats innuendo and immoral behavior.

but I digress.

Stanley Cup Playoff season is here. Very entertaining however I can start to lose some focus when the weather turns great.

Last edited: