What are you watching?

They don’t skimp on the violence.
That's for sure. But Japan under the Samurai was a very violent place. Funny though the most difficult scene for me to watch was not the cannon ball blowing off the leg of the Samurai but the Samurai committing ritualized suicide with his infant son to end his line. They didn't show it but knowing what was about to happen was brutal.

I’ve been watching Orange Is The New Black. Never watched it when it first came out but a friend of mine recommended it recently.
Like a lot of good shows this one went too many seasons. It’s based on a book, but the writers of the show took several stories and made them up completely. I’d give it 6/10.

1:21:45 mark is gold. There’s nothing better in the world than messing with Perry.

I just finished "The Night Of", a 2014 HBO mini-series about a young Muslim man in New York City wrongly accused of a gruesome murder. One of the better things I have seen in a while. I would highly recommend it.

The Three Body Problem
Netflix

Excellent adaption of the Chinese science fiction story. It's global in scope with British & American characters joining the Chinese characters. It reminds me of The Foundation in that it takes a few episodes to get going but it's worth the effort.

There are two striking scenes that will have your jaw drop:

1) A look at the cultural revolution playing out in China. For a book written by a Chinese national this is a very interesting scene.

2) A segment featuring a nano-fiber.

The Three Body Problem
Netflix

Excellent adaption of the Chinese science fiction story. It's global in scope with British & American characters joining the Chinese characters. It reminds me of The Foundation in that it takes a few episodes to get going but it's worth the effort.

There are two striking scenes that will have your jaw drop:

1) A look at the cultural revolution playing out in China. For a book written by a Chinese national this is a very interesting scene.

2) A segment featuring a nano-fiber.

I couldn’t get through the first episode.

I couldn’t get through the first episode.
Not surprised the early episodes are a bit of a slog. The narrative path is also a bit weird which is probably due to the Chinese influence. When I read the book it took a while to get used to the pacing and story structure.