Western Buckeye League 2021

Do they even have internet in St. Marys?
They have to get on a boat and travel over into Mercer County to get any sort of interwebs. Shore patrol says after midnight, when St Marys residents are using their free AOL unlimited discs they got in the mail, is the busiest time.

But anyways.......

Kenton: Is their QB graduating this year? If so, whom is their successor or has the latest recruiting not all wrapped up yet?

See where the Cornell kid is a stud in hoops as well? What grade is he?

They have to get on a boat and travel over into Mercer County to get any sort of interwebs. Shore patrol says after midnight, when St Marys residents are using their free AOL unlimited discs they got in the mail, is the busiest time.

But anyways.......

Kenton: Is their QB graduating this year? If so, whom is their successor or has the latest recruiting not all wrapped up yet?

See where the Cornell kid is a stud in hoops as well? What grade is he?

Both their quarterback and Cornell are graduating this spring. Cornell I believe is heading to Tiffin.

I will not apologize he left for SM in the middle of the night like the Baltimore Colts
One of the greatest power moves ever in the history of high school football. Whatever issue in the system he didnt agree with or whom he didnt agree with changed 2 programs histories. Resigned from st marys went down the road to a wapak program that always had talent but never played to it. Comes in changes the way the kids worked how they lifted and suddenly the program is winning 8 to 9 games a year. st marys on the other hand thinks it a matter of paste and copy a coach and success will follow. The years Frye is away their program turns into a dumpster fire resulting in 0 win seasons. st marys program is in its lowest point frye resigns from wapak walks back into the program and in a year st marys is on the way back to being one of the top programs in the wbl. But wait the wapak program hires Moyer who not only keeps the program winning but even takes it higher with several playoff runs most ending with games against Trotwood who in most cases went or won the state title. Now one can say Frye saw the talent that wapak had in the pipelines coming down and took advantage of this but it was well played. Now the Wapak vs St Marys game is a pure fight with Moyer winning several seasons in a row but now the last few years and its been back and forth. What will happen in the years to come.

One of the greatest power moves ever in the history of high school football. Whatever issue in the system he didnt agree with or whom he didnt agree with changed 2 programs histories. Resigned from st marys went down the road to a wapak program that always had talent but never played to it. Comes in changes the way the kids worked how they lifted and suddenly the program is winning 8 to 9 games a year. st marys on the other hand thinks it a matter of paste and copy a coach and success will follow. The years Frye is away their program turns into a dumpster fire resulting in 0 win seasons. st marys program is in its lowest point frye resigns from wapak walks back into the program and in a year st marys is on the way back to being one of the top programs in the wbl. But wait the wapak program hires Moyer who not only keeps the program winning but even takes it higher with several playoff runs most ending with games against Trotwood who in most cases went or won the state title. Now one can say Frye saw the talent that wapak had in the pipelines coming down and took advantage of this but it was well played. Now the Wapak vs St Marys game is a pure fight with Moyer winning several seasons in a row but now the last few years and its been back and forth. What will happen in the years to come.
Some call it a power move, some would call it a dck move..........

Although Coach Frye was good for the program he pales in comparison to the job that Moyer has done, hence their head to head record against each other.

Frye is 3-4 head to head against Moyer and 2 of those Ls were in the first 2 years after Frye was rebuilding St Marys from the 0-10 years.

Yeah, you're right. Moyer is God! ???

Although Coach Frye was good for the program he pales in comparison to the job that Moyer has done, hence their head to head record against each other.
Frye I hate to say is the reason Moyer has had the great success at Wapak. Frye came in and changed the culture and behavior of the program. Wapak has always had athletic kids but never seemed to pan out on the field 2 good coaches turned that around.

If you want to hang your hat on 4-3 proving Moyer is by far the much better coach then, well, good for you.

Considering, as DHS stated, the dumpster fire Frye had to deal with prior to him taking over.

If you want to hang your hat on 4-3 proving Moyer is by far the much better coach then, well, good for you.

Considering, as DHS stated, the dumpster fire Frye had to deal with prior to him taking over.
All I’m saying is that the job Moyer did building Wapak is better than what Frye did at St. marys

MOYER DIDN'T BUILD A THING.

How dense are you? Frye built Wapak, then rebuilt St Marys. Moyer has done a good job of maintaining, but that's it.
Frye only led Wapak to the playoffs twice where Moyer has made it 5 times, and Moyer made it further than Frye ever did at Wapak. Now granted Wapak has never won a region but they usually faced tougher competition than any other WBL school in the playoffs ever.

Frye only led Wapak to the playoffs twice where Moyer has made it 5 times, and Moyer made it further than Frye ever did at Wapak. Now granted Wapak has never won a region but they usually faced tougher competition than any other WBL school in the playoffs ever.
Shouldnt you be in home economics class right about now?

On 17 December I proposed a question to y'all.

Now that we have had time to attend some basketball games, how many banners are hung in the gym's, or trophies in the trophy case, for "Impressive wins?"

I have not seen any in the 5-6 gyms I have been in but then again, maybe they never have had an impressive win before.

On 17 December I proposed a question to y'all.

Now that we have had time to attend some basketball games, how many banners are hung in the gym's, or trophies in the trophy case, for "Impressive wins?"

I have not seen any in the 5-6 gyms I have been in but then again, maybe they never have had an impressive win before.
I have not seen any yet, although I saw a lot of schools/coaches/teams twitter pages posting about winning playoff games before making it to the regional quarterfinal game (week 11 in a regular year)

I have not seen any yet, although I saw a lot of schools/coaches/teams twitter pages posting about winning playoff games before making it to the regional quarterfinal game (week 11 in a regular year)
I have changed my tune over the years.
Wanna make shirts for the playoffs? Sectional win? Whatever. Let 'em live.
What is a big deal in one place may not be a big deal in another.

Of course, adding 2020 to a playoff banner is a gimmie this year. Did see Jackson Center, on their gym wall for their champion teams, had one for last year (in a different color) stating "Elite 8, Unfinished Business". That will live in infamy for those HS teams who got screwed last year./

I remember Kenton and Memorial running into Benedictine. You know, the 7x State Champion who is the only Ohio school with a State Championship in each decade of the OHSAA Playoffs.

I remember Kenton and Memorial running into Benedictine. You know, the 7x State Champion who is the only Ohio school with a State Championship in each decade of the OHSAA Playoffs.
If it wasn't for Van Wert's state championship I would say that Wapak getting revenge on Shawnee would be the best playoff win for the WBL this year.

I would say that FootballFan20 isn't that great of a troll, but yet he keeps getting all of you to fall for it. I am amazed how no one else sees this and yet you all get so upset by his comments. Mind boggling, I have to hand it to him well done.

If it wasn't for Van Wert's state championship I would say that Wapak getting revenge on Shawnee would be the best playoff win for the WBL this year.
Nah, a Wapak playoff win vs .500 Shawnee team does not trump ANY of VWs playoff wins.

Ya do realize that VW gave 4 playoff teams their only loss of the season, right? And Wyoming had a RB who was a OK this year......

Whatever the city of Wapak is putting in their water needs to be looked at.

I would say that FootballFan20 isn't that great of a troll, but yet he keeps getting all of you to fall for it. I am amazed how no one else sees this and yet you all get so upset by his comments. Mind boggling, I have to hand it to him well done.
Upset?

No, I bring the facts.

Not sure about that tougher competition in playoffs than any WBL school ever.

OG Playoff Losses:
'97 - 14-0 D4 State Champion Germantown Valleyview
'09 - 14-1 D4 State Runner up, Chagrin Falls
'12 - 13-1 D4 State Qualifier Bishop Hartley (I think this was the best team of the 3 years we played them)
'15 - 12-3 D4 State Champion Bishop Hartley
'16 - 13-2 D4 State Champion Bishop Hartley
'19 - 11-4 D4 State Champion Clyde.

Other playoff losses: '00 Bishop Watterson, '02 Archbold, '05 Huron, '06 Milton Union, '07 Marion Pleasant, '08 and '10 Genoa, '11 Eastwood. Some pretty good programs.

Impressive OG Playoff Wins:
'97 - D4 Cincinnati Wyoming, led by all World RB Richard Hall
'07 - D4 Fostoria, led by NFL stud DB Micah Hyde at QB.
'08 - D4 Lorain Clearview led by NFL veteran MLB starter Anthony Hitchens at RB.
'09 - D4 Orrville, had a stud D1 commit LB that year I believe.
'12 - D4 Genoa had a 2000 yard RB.

I know Trotwood Madison is a ridiculously good program, and Alter is outstanding as well, but I'd put Hartley up against Trotwood and it'd be an interesting matchup.

How many state champions has Wapak lost to in the playoffs? Just curious.

Last edited:
Nah, a Wapak playoff win vs .500 Shawnee team does not trump ANY of VWs playoff wins.

Ya do realize that VW gave 4 playoff teams their only loss of the season, right? And Wyoming had a RB who was a OK this year......

Whatever the city of Wapak is putting in their water needs to be looked at.
Wapak has had success and banners hanging in our gym might not say football but do say 3 individual state winners in wrestling which Im very proud of. Once again off topic fighting lets talk football and what we see coming back this year in each program and kids who we feel could break out this year. I really feel with Wapak Golet is one of our most athletic QB's we have ever had and has a decent arm. The younger Houser will only get better. My kid to watch will be the Brown kid his size is not matched in the WBL really to see how he committs in the off season to getting better is key to him.

I have changed my tune over the years.
Wanna make shirts for the playoffs? Sectional win? Whatever. Let 'em live.
What is a big deal in one place may not be a big deal in another.

Of course, adding 2020 to a playoff banner is a gimmie this year. Did see Jackson Center, on their gym wall for their champion teams, had one for last year (in a different color) stating "Elite 8, Unfinished Business". That will live in infamy for those HS teams who got screwed last year./
We did have our fair share of T-shirts and posts about the end of basketball season at Grove last year, but the situation was unheard of. There's a banner now in our gym that says 26-0, AP #1. Doesn't say state champions on it, but everyone in town agreed our team needed to be recognized after their run last year!