Western Buckeye League 2021

Personally I think Wapak beating Trotwood was more impressive than any of Van Wert's playoff wins.
Next time everyone is in the schools take a walk by the trophy case.
Let me know how many trophies were handed out, and banners hung, for "impressive" wins.

The jealousy of f00tballfan20 runs as deep as I have ever seen.

Guys lets talk football instead of the back and forth talk. We are all covid crazy only thing you hear about but on here we can talk football lets talk football. I love seeing people post what they think about the upcoming year.

Guys lets talk football instead of the back and forth talk. We are all covid crazy only thing you hear about but on here we can talk football lets talk football. I love seeing people post what they think about the upcoming year.

I would like to see improvement in Bath, Celina, and Shawnee. Overall the top 5 should be great competition wise.

I would say that the after Wapak at the top, then everyone else will be playing for second.
1608314032221.png

I would like to see improvement in Bath, Celina, and Shawnee. Overall the top 5 should be great competition wise.
Idk if you'll see improvement out of Celina. I wonder if that coaching staff has peaked and it's time to clear house again. Losing to winless Greenville is enough reason to not renew a coaching contract.

As a Wapak fan I was very happy to see Van Wert win a state title shows the WBL is a tough league. I would take a state title over a league championship anyday. Im pretty damn sure if Wapak was to win State the town would need the national guard to stop the celebration. I saw someone post about our win over Trotwood was a fluke. Those kids fought like warriors with our running back Kaeck playing with a busted shoulder and went on a nice playoff run going down to one of the best teams in the state. This is a 2021 thread so lets talk about what we expect to see this year.

Wapak I feel has alot of talent coming back and some coming up. The offense will go as Golet goes which means staying healthy for the season. We have a few solid running backs also with Rogers and Meckstroh. The Oline loses some but always seem to find the next guy to step up. The defense should be really good with Seifring, Houser, Rohstofer, Meckstroh, amd Brown all back. The biggest what if is the Man child #69 Brown. This kid has imposing size but he needs to learn size isnt going to win every battle. A year in the weight room and more experience and grow some more mean bones this kid could get some looks his senior year. I hate to say it but Im one of those guys who yells at Moyer alot but he has kept the ship running full speed after Frye left and has pretty much won titles about every year he has coached us. The stadium looks incredible and hope to be back in our reserve seats in 2021. If I left some players out please feel free to add to this thread on who else will step up.

I wouldn't say fluke, no playoff win ever is. Those are big boy football games and tough to win at the D3/4 level no matter what. I was just more saying that was a down Trotwood team from normal. Which absolutely happens and takes nothing away from the win.

I guess I got too caught up in trolling with the troll instead of just ignoring him like I should have.

Shawnee only had 5 seniors on their roster so I expect them to be tough
Maybe they can they can score 3 TD’s against a league school. Their schedule helped them last year too as they didn’t even play the 2 best teams in the league

At the end of the day we have to realize we are talking about high school football. CONGRATS to Van Wert for winning a state title and bringing so much joy to their community. Congrats to the kids and coaches at Wapak who bring the entire community together just for a game they play on Friday nights. Congrats to the kids at Defiance or Bath who bust their buts during two a days and the off-season even when they probably know they won’t have a winning season. At the end of the day, we are talking about freaking high school kids. Get a grip. We can compare resume of programs, but no need to tear down the accomplishments of high school kids.

At the end of the day we have to realize we are talking about high school football. CONGRATS to Van Wert for winning a state title and bringing so much joy to their community. Congrats to the kids and coaches at Wapak who bring the entire community together just for a game they play on Friday nights. Congrats to the kids at Defiance or Bath who bust their buts during two a days and the off-season even when they probably know they won’t have a winning season. At the end of the day, we are talking about freaking high school kids. Get a grip. We can compare resume of programs, but no need to tear down the accomplishments of high school kids.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. People talk about how coaches are chokers or this program is a fraud in the playoffs or that program is soft and I just look at them like “Jesus these are people’s kids out there.” Say what you want about pro players or college coaches, they’re well compensated for their efforts. But man, I’ve heard some of the nastiest things at sporting events (sober division) from parents and fans at HS games and on these boards.

Not to mention, through this whole awful 2020 hellscape, I haven’t seen these kids throwing fits online or acting like spoiled babies about HS sports and they’re the ones playing them and having them taken away.

This means alot! My son is one of those kids at Defiance! Football lifts in the morning, baseball workouts after school! He is all in! No matter the outcome, he will have no regrets! Sooner or later the results you work for will come!

Know what they call the Doctor who finished at the bottom of his class?

A Doctor.

Win state in 2020 and know what they call you?

A champion.

Does not matter how they do it. Win all your playoff games, no matter whom they are against, and you are a champ.

Did you all do your homework over the last week? Been in two schools since then and I checked the trophy cases and banners in the gym. Didnt see any displayed for Impressive Wins.....

Still doesn't change the fact that they have a state title and you don't.
Does CW have an asterisk next to their 2007 Title on the banner since tUYCM was without their all stud QB/DB?

Asking for Footballdud20?

But anyways....to keep on task....

What does Celina need to do to become relevant again?

This means alot! My son is one of those kids at Defiance! Football lifts in the morning, baseball workouts after school! He is all in! No matter the outcome, he will have no regrets! Sooner or later the results you work for will come!

The COVID season and not being in town all that often has me out of the loop, how we looking next season? I know there were some talented juniors, especially on defense and the JV had a decent record. Who's looking like they have the inside track at QB? I think the defense and Kellermeyer alone could keep us in some games, but any chance I'm underrating them picking them 9th?

Hopeful I am.

The COVID season and not being in town all that often has me out of the loop, how we looking next season? I know there were some talented juniors, especially on defense and the JV had a decent record. Who's looking like they have the inside track at QB? I think the defense and Kellermeyer alone could keep us in some games, but any chance I'm underrating them picking them 9th?

Hopeful I am.
The senior class next year will be 20+, 14-15 starters back. JV has had a winning record the last two years, not sure that will translate to a winning record. The QB should be a junior next year who got his Varsity letter on defense this past season. There will be a freshman next year who will be a stud once he is the starting QB, don't think he will be ready to be the Varsity QB next year. Being a little biased I a looking for a 6-4 or 5-5 season, realistically I am just hoping they are competitive

What does Celina need to do to become relevant again?
Good question! They need to create a winning atmosphere somehow. All 3 major programs there are lean on talent. From a football perspective, are all their good athletes playing soccer? I dont know. Or did youth football injuries cause some of their studs to not come out for the team? Could be both or it could be some factor beyond my knowledge.

FootballFan20 is clearly trying to get under everybody's skin, and apparently has. It was fun for a while, time to ignore him now.

FootballFan20 is clearly trying to get under everybody's skin, and apparently has. It was fun for a while, time to ignore him now.

Part of me thinks he’s not even a Wapak fan, just a troll pretending to be. Most Wapak fans are pretty humble knowing the fact we’ve never even made it out of the region. We have a good program over here but we do not have the success where we can start saying state titles are not impressive.

The senior class next year will be 20+, 14-15 starters back. JV has had a winning record the last two years, not sure that will translate to a winning record. The QB should be a junior next year who got his Varsity letter on defense this past season. There will be a freshman next year who will be a stud once he is the starting QB, don't think he will be ready to be the Varsity QB next year. Being a little biased I a looking for a 6-4 or 5-5 season, realistically I am just hoping they are competitive

Thank you! 6-4 would be great, I'm just not sure the jump from 1 to 6 is possible. But stranger things have happened for sure. 3-7 but competitive would be acceptable to me.

Congrats to VW on an impressive 2020 season. In looking at the whole league I see Bath, Defiance, and Celina fighting for last place. Bath and Defiance confuse me the most and for different reasons. Bath because they are so poor at so many things and their facilities haven't improved much in decades. Seems like more of a community and district admin problem from people I've talked to. Until that changes success will only be a fluke season once in a while. Defiance, the facilities are outstanding...at least they have that going for them and have ability to attract and retain quality coaches. I think SM, VW, Wapak, and OG will be the top four and not sure which order. Elida, Kenton and Shawnee will be in the mix. Bath has had solid talent last few years but underperform or else I would have them a bit higher.

Part of me thinks he’s not even a Wapak fan, just a troll pretending to be. Most Wapak fans are pretty humble knowing the fact we’ve never even made it out of the region. We have a good program over here but we do not have the success where we can start saying state titles are not impressive.
Might be a St marys fan lol