Who wins?

• Avon Eagles

Votes: 56 54.4%
  • Glenville Tarblooders

Votes: 47 45.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
During those years a lot of Glenville guys were at Euclid with Rotsky. I don’t know if there were concerns with Ted Gin’s health or Rotsky just recruited better but Euclid had some good teams during those years.
Exactly! Bene also had their best season post Jerome Baker during this time. They just refuse to understand how fluid things work in a city. Like the kid at Heights (GO SEE HIM!!) is a Ginn elite Alum and was at Glenville his freshman year

Your post is even better with the last part in bold 😉

And now were back to Stuebenville fans crying... In a thread about AVON vs Glenville. Also "recent surge of transfers" is just another tell you dont know what you are talking about and need to stop crying lol. Its not new. Ppl in and around this city trust their kids with Ginn. Period. I know you cant relate to that because of who you root for but thats the truth. You are also dangling onto a four year sample size (right after Ginn beat cancer) out of a 20+ year coaching career and think it makes sense.....
“You are also dangling onto a four year sample size (right after Ginn beat cancer) out of a 20+ year coaching career”. This, I was going to educate him or her but I didn’t have the energy, I’m glad you did.

Exactly! Bene also had their best season post Jerome Baker during this time. They just refuse to understand how fluid things work in a city. Like the kid at Heights (GO SEE HIM!!) is a Ginn elite Alum and was at Glenville his freshman year
And two sophomore starting CBs at Heights are Ginn Elite kids.

What worries me as an OSU fan is that our “best recruits” are from the Glenville pipeline and they play no one near the level of the elite players in other public schools such as from Springfield or the Picks.

CMH FB cannot be that dumb. The post he or she put on here are just to get a raise out of people. Glenville players don't produce at OSU. Smith won the Heisman, Ginn was a stud and Jones won a NC. What has Springfield or Picks players done ?

Obviously the poster is unaware that Glenville had no football for over a year due to covid and the program was gutted. There is a deep hatred for some reason toward Glenville by this individual. Not to beat a dead horse but Glenville plays where they are told by the OHSAA. Before you make ignorant comments about Ginn and Glenville do some research.

That being said Glenville will beat Avon.
Well yes, but based on the numbers being provided them by Glenville.

Noone is allowed to have a opinion????? Lets not be hypocritical!
So somebody make a I hate Glenville thread and be done with it! This thread was supposed to be about Glenville vs Avon and the same usual suspects couldnt help themselves lol. Yall supposed to be grown men/ women..

Funny how Big Red fans were ok when they were the bully on the block - now there is a new bully they don't like it. They better hope they don't face Glenville because they will put a running clock on them.
They are obsessed and terrified of a championship game that is promised to nobody. Its insane

Correct. And the numbers provided are accurate. You as a St. Ed’s know that Ginn doesn’t care what division he plays in. He was competitive in Div 1 for years and no he never won it all but they were right there several times much like the Eagles before they finally broke through.
I'm not one who thinks Ginn is trying to duck and dodge to win a championship, but I also don't buy that the zero multiplier they are reporting is accurate. Let's not act like they didn't get busted by the OHSAA in the recent past for the practice of allowing Ginn Academy kids to play for Glenville's football team who should have been playing for other schools according to the attendance zones. Your QB is from Twinsburg for God's sake.

I'm not one who thinks Ginn is trying to duck and dodge to win a championship, but I also don't buy that the zero multiplier they are reporting is accurate. Let's not act like they didn't get busted by the OHSAA in the recent past for the practice of allowing Ginn Academy kids to play for Glenville's football team who should have been playing for other schools according to the attendance zones. Your QB is from Twinsburg for God's sake.
In your opinion which I’m interested in, why do you think Glenville would report a zero multiplier? The only team they wouldn’t be a favorite against is Ed’s and possibly Hoban, what would the motivation be to report false info, you stated you think Ginn is trying to duck and dodge so why do you think he’d submit false info. There may not be a future first round pick in the pipeline like Ted or Marshon but Ginn thinks these next few years will have pound for pound more talent than even of his teams. On top of Glenville being Glenville, the Ginn Elite kids started hitting high school last season and that program has some serious talent, hence Lombardo and Fink showing up to their games. And what’s with everyone saying the QB is from Twinsburg, I have no idea where he’s from other than what folks on here say and I have an underclassmen kid on the team.

Hopefully Glenville and Ed’s can renew their regular season matchup next Fall.

So somebody make a I hate Glenville thread and be done with it! This thread was supposed to be about Glenville vs Avon and the same usual suspects couldnt help themselves lol. Yall supposed to be grown men/ women..
LMAO where did anyone say I hate Glenville LMAO

In your opinion which I’m interested in, why do you think Glenville would report a zero multiplier? The only team they wouldn’t be a favorite against is Ed’s and possibly Hoban, what would the motivation be to report false info, you stated you think Ginn is trying to duck and dodge so why do you think he’d submit false info. There may not be a future first round pick in the pipeline like Ted or Marshon but Ginn thinks these next few years will have pound for pound more talent than even of his teams. On top of Glenville being Glenville, the Ginn Elite kids started hitting high school last season and that program has some serious talent, hence Lombardo and Fink showing up to their games. And what’s with everyone saying the QB is from Twinsburg, I have no idea where he’s from other than what folks on here say and I have an underclassmen kid on the team.
The sole motivation would be permitting kids to play for Glenville who otherwise shouldn't be. It's been reported on here (apparently by a Glenville supporter) that all the kids on the football team attend Ginn Academy. According to my understanding of how the OHSAA rules work, any student who attends Ginn (a non-traditional/specialty school sponsored by a multi-school district) and plays for Glenville (part of that multi-school district ) should reside with a parent who either: (1) lives in the district attendance zone of the multi-school district (the Glenville neighborhood); or (2) lives outside the multi-school district zone (i.e., outside of Cleveland) but nearest the Glenville attendance zone. For a kid whose parents live in any number of surrounding suburbs, there is almost always another CMSD attendance zone that is closer than Glenville. For instance, when Glenville was suspended from the post-season in 2018, it was determined that some players who attended Ginn and suited up for the Tarblooders should actually have been playing at John Hay. As for the QB, Tomlinson played for Walsh Jesuit last year and lived in Twinsburg. While he attends Ginn and plays for Glenville this year, it's reported he still lives in Twinsburg. If true, he can still go to Ginn without any issue, but his eligibility would be tied to his home district (Twinsburg) or the CMSD school closest to Twinsburg (JFK?).

LMAO where did anyone say I hate Glenville LMAO
Why would they have to say it when Avon and Glenville fans were trying to talk about a highly anticiapted game between two programs with immense respect for each other and here comes Massilon/Stuebenville/ Columbus guy bitchin and moanin about CB numbers using the same points already discussed all offseason long?

The sole motivation would be permitting kids to play for Glenville who otherwise shouldn't be. It's been reported on here (apparently by a Glenville supporter) that all the kids on the football team attend Ginn Academy. According to my understanding of how the OHSAA rules work, any student who attends Ginn (a non-traditional/specialty school sponsored by a multi-school district) and plays for Glenville (part of that multi-school district ) should reside with a parent who either: (1) lives in the district attendance zone of the multi-school district (the Glenville neighborhood); or (2) lives outside the multi-school district zone (i.e., outside of Cleveland) but nearest the Glenville attendance zone. For a kid whose parents live in any number of surrounding suburbs, there is almost always another CMSD attendance zone that is closer than Glenville. For instance, when Glenville was suspended from the post-season in 2018, it was determined that some players who attended Ginn and suited up for the Tarblooders should actually have been playing at John Hay. As for the QB, Tomlinson played for Walsh Jesuit last year and lived in Twinsburg. While he attends Ginn and plays for Glenville this year, it's reported he still lives in Twinsburg. If true, he can still go to Ginn without any issue, but his eligibility would be tied to his home district (Twinsburg) or the CMSD school closest to Twinsburg (JFK?).
Gotcha. You’re not saying you think they misinform to avoid playing all of the teams they’ve previously played in the playoffs (lost some and won some) but for the kids to play for Glenville. When Glenville was sending more kids to the B1G and MAC than every other school they were all kids that lived in Glenville’s zone. The 4 P5 seniors plus Jones the RB are all Glenville kids that played and won a NC for the Glenville Elite youth program, just pointing that out to provide some accurate and factual data and perspective. Re: the QB, who reported he lives in Twinsburg, what is it his parents? Not giving you a hard time, it seems really crazy that parents are on the internet discussing where a teenage kid lives. I wouldn’t want that discussion being had publicly about my son. Either way back football, if you posted it I missed it, what are your thoughts on this game? And big S/O to your Eagles, I was thiiiis close to being a St. Edward Dad.

Gotcha. You’re not saying you think they misinform to avoid playing all of the teams they’ve previously played in the playoffs (lost some and won some) but for the kids to play for Glenville. When Glenville was sending more kids to the B1G and MAC than every other school they were all kids that lived in Glenville’s zone. The 4 P5 seniors plus Jones the RB are all Glenville kids that played and won a NC for the Glenville Elite youth program, just pointing that out to provide some accurate and factual data and perspective. Re: the QB, who reported he lives in Twinsburg, what is it his parents? Not giving you a hard time, it seems really crazy that parents are on the internet discussing where a teenage kid lives. I wouldn’t want that discussion being had publicly about my son. Either way back football, if you posted it I missed it, what are your thoughts on this game? And big S/O to your Eagles, I was thiiiis close to being a St. Edward Dad.
Listen, at the end of the day I'm all for freedom on choice for families when it comes to picking schools for their children. I've also stated previously that I have no problem with guys attending Ginn Academy (from wherever they may live) and playing for Glenville. But when that's the case, a multiplier should apply like any other school. With the way the OHSAA has the rules currently set up, it can't work like that. Therefore, it leads to "speculation about obfuscation." Good luck to the Tarblooders this week. Should be a great game against a great Avon program.

Glenville will make more mistakes and the kicking game will be the difference, Avon 31-30.
You can’t make this stuff up. I value the opinions of others but I wish people would sack up and say the black team won’t win because they’re stupid. Just for the record, Glenville has made a few XP’s and had a punt die inside the 15. But continue on 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Funny how Big Red fans were ok when they were the bully on the block - now there is a new bully they don't like it. They better hope they don't face Glenville because they will put a running clock on them.
Big Red is 14-17 (2-3 state championships) against private schools in the OHSAA playoffs. Furthermore, they have NEVER received transfers in the double digits during an offseason and have always carried a CB number since the beginning. Bully? Surely, we weren't the only team that was undefeated against Glenville prior to Ginn Academy being opened.

Note to self: When Glenville High School is terrible, all of the players are worried about something and leave, but when they're loaded, they're all Glenville students who were born and raised there.

The point remains that you have a boatload of transfers (again) and still carry a ZERO CB.

Listen, at the end of the day I'm all for freedom on choice for families when it comes to picking schools for their children. I've also stated previously that I have no problem with guys attending Ginn Academy (from wherever they may live) and playing for Glenville. But when that's the case, a multiplier should apply like any other school. With the way the OHSAA has the rules currently set up, it can't work like that. Therefore, it leads to "speculation about obfuscation." Good luck to the Tarblooders this week. Should be a great game against a great Avon program.
👍🏾

Big Red is 14-17 (2-3 state championships) against private schools in the OHSAA playoffs. Furthermore, they have NEVER received transfers in the double digits during an offseason and have always carried a CB number since the beginning. Bully? Surely, we weren't the only team that was undefeated against Glenville prior to Ginn Academy being opened.

Note to self: When Glenville High School is terrible, all of the players are worried about something and leave, but when they're loaded, they're all Glenville students who were born and raised there.

The point remains you that have a boatload of transfers (again) and still carry a ZERO CB.
Glenville has literally had a few down seasons in the last 20 seasons. And they just happened to coincide with Coach Ginn having health issues and Covid. Outside of those two things, Glenville has been consistently strong. You surely can’t be this dense.

Glenville has literally had a few down seasons in the last 20 seasons. And they just happened to coincide with Coach Ginn having health issues and Covid. Outside of those two things, Glenville has been consistently strong. You surely can’t be this dense.
Sounds good but ultimately just excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.