Week 13 Struthers vs Lake Catholic

I actually think one of the Struthers guys had a reasonable take and had him first or second. This success might be turning some of them. Although, we all know we're 1 playoff loss or collapse away from the blowhards going to LaVilla and turning on Bayuk.
I said he was the best running back in the league. Deleted his post so I cannot address him directly. Niles stinks. Always will stink. Will stink in the year 3330.

I actually think one of the Struthers guys had a reasonable take and had him first or second. This success might be turning some of them. Although, we all know we're 1 playoff loss or collapse away from the blowhards going to LaVilla and turning on Bayuk.
I’m not the biggest fan of bayuk. Personally he’s cool. But I think the team is far too undisciplined to be taken seriously in the grand scheme of things. If the cats lose in this region it’ll be because of something happening as a result of a lack of discipline. Personal foul, a fumbled snap. Something.

but if that’s shored up we’re looking very dangerous next season with all these kids returning.

Like playing Mooney and Ursuline at Mollenkopf! Also played Mooney in the playoffs at Niles Bo Rein Stadium. And I believe we played Poland in 2001 at Cortland Lakeview or somewhere out there. Also, Girard a long time ago. I think it was at Niles lol. You are correct though Lake was always shafted with neutral sites. Maybe not as many schools back then hosted, I’m not sure, but it happened every year. Those were definitely the good old days though.
Yes. Also, LC played Akron Garfield in the playoffs at the Rubber Bowl back in the 80s. Great game.

Yes, that Aurora game was a barn burner. That was a tough walk to the car after that game. I believe that’s the only time those 2 schools have played.

Back to this weekend, would love to hear from the Struthers fans about that Geneva game week 2. This was definitely one of Geneva’s better teams who just lost to Chardon last week. I also see you shut out Niles which really sticks out to me looking at your schedule. I’m assuming you shut down Gardner which is a very tall task like Lake saw last weekend.

Fell behind early against Geneva. I believe it was 17-0 at halftime. Fought back to make it a game in the 2nd half. But the comeback came up short.

As for Gardner and Niles, he had around 30 carries for 155 yards. So he was mostly held in check, but not shut down by any means.
I believe Struthers also held Poland to just 62 yards rushing last week. Fulton and Nittoli are both very tough running backs, although they’re better on defense. Pagano was under constant pressure, too. The long TD pass was less than 10 yards, but the DB got hurt on the play and couldn’t make the tackle.

How is LC’s OL and DL? And how physical a team overall are they?
Struthers OL…
LT #74 6’3/265. LG #78 6’4/285. C #70 6’0/285. RG #53 6’0/245. RT #63 6’4/300. #53 is the only Senior, the other 4 are Juniors.
The Struthers DL rotates a few guys, but #44 is the leader there. #53 had a really good game against Poland last week, and really is the only 2 way lineman for Struthers.

Key's to winning this game for Lake (IMHO):
- Kickoff coverage needs to improve. Kids need to learn to stay in their lanes. Strong kicker for Lake who frequently gets touchbacks, so that is a plus.
- Other team QB dropping back to pass then taking off. Giving up way too many yards.
- "Dumb" penalties. Personal fouls, unsportsmanlike conduct. Lake seems to manage a couple of these a game and this deep into the playoffs, just can't happen. One is too many. If I were the coach, I would let the guys know we aren't going to tolerate the inability to play clean and control your temper. You will be riding the pines for a couple series of downs.
- The big plus is the pass game and stating the obvious, the QB has to have a big game. Lake has been running a lot the past few games and I think that's a good thing. If the passing game gets shut down, we'll need to have the run game locked and loaded. Hope that part of the game is ready to rumble.

1. Struthers kicking and punting games are shakey. But the return game is probably the best in the NE8.
2. Sounds like they’ve struggled with scrambling QBs. How have they been against pure running QBs? Defending designed QB runs opposed to QBs dropping back to pass and taking off.
4. Struthers strength on defense has been the front 7, as well as the safeties. #32 is an enforcer and a 4 year starter. And #2 is a hawk in coverage. The corners are scrappy and like to play tight coverage, but have also been beaten for some big plays.
I expect LC to test the secondary early and often and go from there. Very interesting matchups this week.

This game is not listed to be streamed on Spectrum.
So if that’s the case, then I believe Berkshire can stream it. Not sure if they will.

Lake Catholic‘s soccer team is in the final 4 tonight playing Revere at Twinsburg HS. Twinsburg is streaming at no cost.

So if that’s the case, then I believe Berkshire can stream it. Not sure if they will.

Lake Catholic‘s soccer team is in the final 4 tonight playing Revere at Twinsburg HS. Twinsburg is streaming at no cost.
I have no idea if it will be streamed or not, just know that it not listed on the Spectrum site of streaming games

Gardner is the best back in the league IMO. Followed by Braham Carter and Ewert. Kid from Lakeview and Fulton were similar
Agree- Gardner was the best back in the league. I wouldn't have Ewert on this list... Fulton very underrated and underutilized. Only had 10-12 carries a game, almost 9 yards per carry average and rushed for over 1000 yard. Probably had another 3-400 receiving. And last I checked- he is the only guy on this list with multiple D 1 offers to play RB.

If I am a Struthers fan I am concerned about the Cats' kicking game, or lack thereof, bad snaps, etc. Sooner or later I have seen that weakness come back to bite many teams as they move through the playoffs. Also, MLC has a pretty sophisticated passing game. Lots of looks, lots of formations, lots of motion to move defenders and try to clear out areas for their receivers to work. IMO Mr. Trinetti is as good or better than any QB Struthers has faced.

On the flip side I do think that Mr. Dukes and company can cause problems for the Cougars defense on QB draws, roll outs, etc. If the Cats control the LOS with that OL and pound MLC with those backs in that power running game they should be in pretty good shape. I don't think 14 points will get it done this week however. Do the Cats have enough offensive firepower to outscore MLCs O? Can MLCs D control the Cats running game and get off the field? We shall soon see.

I like both teams and usually I would be pulling for MLC but I can't pull for them against a local team. Good luck to both teams.

Agree- Gardner was the best back in the league. I wouldn't have Ewert on this list... Fulton very underrated and underutilized. Only had 10-12 carries a game, almost 9 yards per carry average and rushed for over 1000 yard. Probably had another 3-400 receiving. And last I checked- he is the only guy on this list with multiple D 1 offers to play RB.
D1 FCS offers correct ? any notable teams? I did see Colgate. Surprised I did not see Youngstown State but maybe I missed it. But I absolutely stand by what I said.

If I am a Struthers fan I am concerned about the Cats' kicking game, or lack thereof, bad snaps, etc. Sooner or later I have seen that weakness come back to bite many teams as they move through the playoffs. Also, MLC has a pretty sophisticated passing game. Lots of looks, lots of formations, lots of motion to move defenders and try to clear out areas for their receivers to work. IMO Mr. Trinetti is as good or better than any QB Struthers has faced.

On the flip side I do think that Mr. Dukes and company can cause problems for the Cougars defense on QB draws, roll outs, etc. If the Cats control the LOS with that OL and pound MLC with those backs in that power running game they should be in pretty good shape. I don't think 14 points will get it done this week however. Do the Cats have enough offensive firepower to outscore MLCs O? Can MLCs D control the Cats running game and get off the field? We shall soon see.

I like both teams and usually I would be pulling for MLC but I can't pull for them against a local team. Good luck to both teams.
Traitor 😡😉