Week 13 Struthers vs Lake Catholic

Spread All Day

Thoughts on this one? Location? Rumored to be Niles. The teams also have one common opponent in Niles. Struthers defeated them week 9 (21-0) and LC last night (35-21)

Thoughts on this one? Location? Rumored to be Niles. The teams also have one common opponent in Niles. Struthers defeated them week 9 (21-0) and LC last night (35-21)
How did Gardner do against Struthers? The local paper said he had 228 yards on 33 carries against Lake Catholic.

How did Gardner do against Struthers? The local paper said he had 228 yards on 33 carries against Lake Catholic.
Not sure on exact numbers because he scored late with a couple chunk runs while Struthers was dropping everyone into coverage. He had under 50 at halftime tho

Game is good back don't get me wrong. But he is the 2023 version of TC Caffee. Leave him in to build stats. Doesn't do a whole lot against God teams 1st team defense, but runs for 400 when they are up by 30+
I left the Lake v Niles in the 4th quarter with Lake up 35-7. Gardner had a few long runs (due to some poor tackling), but the Lake defense did a good job keeping him from doing any real damage. The Niles qb actually had a decent game and extended a number of drives.

Niles had a very hard time getting off the field on third down, also just simply left the RB in the flat open all night and never adjusted at all which was odd

I like Struthers in the upset here. The three headed monster in the backfield and that big, physical offensive line will be tough to stop. #4, #32, #2, #6, #44, #13 are all tough on defense as well. Penalties will need to be cleaned up at this time of the year. This should be a great game.

Niles isn’t a great team and that outcome was expected. But the cats need to play their best game Friday!
I think we are at the point where the talent level of the remaining teams is even enough that winning teams will have to be playing close to their "best" games to advance. Dukes will present a problem for Lake, as they have had trouble with mobile/running QBs. On the flip side, Lake's QB is going to have to be aware of where that kid is on defense. My gut reaction is that this will be a one-score game at the end.

Safe to say...a run first team?
They throw the ball maybe 5 times a game. Might throw it a few more times if they get way behind the chains with penalties. But definitely a ground and pound phone booth style of offense. They get about 300 to 400 yards rushing a game.Their offense has worked all year. Don't really know of any team that has really limited them.

Last edited:
They throw the ball maybe 5 times a game. Might throw it a few more times if they get way behind the chains with penalties. But definitely a ground and pound phone booth style of offense. They get about 300 to 400 yards rushing a game.Tgeir offense has worked all year. Don't really know of any team the really limited them.
Well, then this will be an interesting game for sure. Lake has been trying to run the ball a lot more over the past two weeks...but their passing game is what sets them apart.

U make it sound like cafey and gard arent any good haha.

goodluck to struthers. I hate mlc.
I got that vibe. Pretty stupid statement. But then again he's a Poland guy. Hubbard ran a offense where you knew TC was getting the ball every carry. I looked it up. He single handily brought Hubbard back from down 20 against Poland in a game where Hubbard completed exactly 1 pass. Gardner is all Niles has and has over 2000 yards to show for it. Haters gon hate man