Week 12: #2 Steubenville Big Red vs. #10 Columbus Bishop Hartley

Who ya got?

• Total voters
So me responding to a Watterson guy about the fact Steubenville didn’t have a State title worthy offense for what ever reason has all you BR guys in a tizzy. Did I say you couldn’t or wouldn't win it all? I didn’t! But in your haste and chest thumping you have both made my point. How can BR’s offense be determined to be state title quality when the sample size of the Hartley game was diminished by the facts that you and your cohort stated. JV frosh, running clock, not many offensive opportunities etc. Face it Hartley was down this year obviously not a state title worthy offense or defense. You guys were definitely the better team probably would have beaten Hartley 9 out of ten( gotta keep the possibilities open) times this year. I would say good luck again but you obviously don’t need any. You’re that good
If you feel like people responding to your post with statements about the game means that BR fans are in a “tizzy” then you really need evaluate your mental toughness.

If you feel like people responding to your post with statements about the game means that BR fans are in a “tizzy” then you really need evaluate your mental toughness.
Why the personal attack? Nothing wrong with my mental fortitude, Dean Martin being in a tizzy is a direct result of the arrogance some, not all BR posters show. Thinking I’m bashing BR offense The fact that my opinion on things was labeled dumb, yet he proved my point for me as did Rack. Steubenville is a good team no doubt, they should win the region, will they win State?Meh, could care less. Steubenville is said to have a fine educational standard which I believe to be true, Dean didn’t really take advantage of that did he?

Why the personal attack? Nothing wrong with my mental fortitude, Dean Martin being in a tizzy is a direct result of the arrogance some, not all BR posters show. Thinking I’m bashing BR offense The fact that my opinion on things was labeled dumb, yet he proved my point for me as did Rack. Steubenville is a good team no doubt, they should win the region, will they win State?Meh, could care less. Steubenville is said to have a fine educational standard which I believe to be true, Dean didn’t really take advantage of that did he?
We are indeed very proud of the educational opportunities the Steubenville City Schools provide. If the State of Ohio’s “report cards” on academic excellence are a true indicator Steubenville does a great job educating young folks. ROLL RED ROLL.

Come on, man, stand down. This thread isn’t worth the jabs you’re getting in with the shirt you’re wearing.

And there it is🤣🤣
Steubenville is one of many once great Ohio River cities that thrived during the steel making boom times. Unfortunately none of those towns were prepared for losing the one single industry that kept them going. Population is down to 18,000 but they are good, solid, hardworking folks. The mean spirited slams and insults are simply wrong and are attacks against a community of good people.

Steubenville is one of many once great Ohio River cities that thrived during the steel making boom times. Unfortunately none of those towns were prepared for losing the one single industry that kept them going. Population is down to 18,000 but they are good, solid, hardworking folks. The mean spirited slams and insults are simply wrong and are attacks against a community of good people.

You all are doing something right. Football has fallen off a cliff in other cities near there.

Quoting me and referencing mean spirited, is not the case at all, you mistake my laughter. I was directing it toward TC, they were stating a Traci Lords reference would be thrown in when in fact there it was already thrown in by TC. I’m not making fun of the economic hardship created by the loss of the steel industry across a far more expansive area than just Steubenville.

Did you get put on probo over on Preps? 🤔
Yeah got a 7 day timeout for im guessing this. Got a 1 day timeout for calling Noreply66 Alex Jones a week before

Raider6309 post_id=2034433 time=1667590153 user_id=62 said:
Pat post_id=2034405 time=1667580790 user_id=14100 said:
Problem is you can’t say much on an NY thread these days without getting banned. People got tired of that and stop getting on here . Sad really.

Bingo. Weird how the Mods troll more than the posters

You - "it doesn’t sound like BR offense was state title worthy at all!!" followed by WH stats....

Why are you so upset?

You stated you DIDNT WATCH the Hartley/BR game and then post WH stats comparing their offense to BR. I was just letting you know they didn't need to do anything flashy in the first half, avg 8.5 per carry, hitting 3 of their 4 passes for 1st downs, and stating that Big Red pulled their starters much much earlier than WH.

I never said anything about you saying Big Red couldn't Win.

Exactly like I said. you don’t have enough data to imply BR was championship caliber offensively are they good yes. The reason for stating WH stats I think they played against a team that was better than what Hartley was this year, and they had huge numbers against them regardless of how long the starters played yada yada yada. When and if BR wins the title, I will acknowledge and congratulate them. But as of now it’s way to early to anoint them as kings.

Sounds like he’s saying Hartley sucks and Steubenville should have won by 50 if they want to win state 😂
Not saying they sucked at all. Down years happen and when you have the success that Hartley has had you expect success, much like Ohio State. It’s disappointing that they couldn’t close out some teams this year, the injuries. all the travel. They were young and there are bright spots to build on. These teenagers played hard and didn’t quit, they’ll grow and hopefully figure out how to close games out.

I’m walking on eggshells around the one who probably hammered you, too. 🙁
3843E593-F8AD-4916-B91E-B7C20761E2B5.gif

Quoting me and referencing mean spirited, is not the case at all, you mistake my laughter. I was directing it toward TC, they were stating a Traci Lords reference would be thrown in when in fact there it was already thrown in by TC. I’m not making fun of the economic hardship created by the loss of the steel industry across a far more expansive area than just Steubenville.
I wasn’t referring to you Hawk. In fact you have been complimentary of The Big Red. People either love or hate SHS. And I get that. Most of the time being hated is simply an end to the worst emotion there is…. Jealousy and envy. It’s always easier to find the warts.

GTFOH, You were just being a jerk. No exclamation points from me.
Your opinion I guess, sorry I’m not going to bow down and kiss the ring and shower your team with adulation. BR won, not upset about it, excpected to take an L but the way it played out was a bit surprising. BTW the original post was to a poster from a rival league team not directed at any BR fans, but Dean and the you decided to take exception to what I said and tried to explain why BR didn’t win by 70, cool you do you, glad you took a step forward to cut into the 0-2 record.

Dude why are you so focused on MY time. Once again i live in Arizona, there is a 3 hour time difference. You must have missed that class in 5th grade. You are truly a juvenile acting, unintelligent man and in need of serious help. You need medicated brother.
You Pally are a Utter Moron. Go back under your Rock. You are the Classic L7 Fan
from Steubenville.

Last edited:

Excuses are like As@H@les. Everyone has one. Post with a little Class and maybe
you will improve your overall image. Which is ZERO presently.
Ghost of Chic Harley

Excuses are like As@H@les. Everyone has one. Post with a little Class and maybe
you will improve your overall image. Which is ZERO presently.
Ghost of Chic Harley
C&B isn’t really the worst culprit of the Big Red crowd, to be fair. In previous times yeah he wasn’t always great, but there’s far worse on here (some have posted, others lurking.)

I was surprised to see some of the usernames finally come back out of the woodwork from there. Weird how it happens. I know that some of the really crappy ones (as well as a couple good ones) have since passed away. Still, there’s roaches to step on.

Columbus football is a joke anymore. Big Red walks to the state-semis
Anymore? Since when? Plenty of state champs and runner ups. Are you one of those people that if you dot win a championship you suck and are a joke? Where were you an all American football player that won a state championship? If you can’t answer that you’re a joke by your lofty standards

This IS your Post from this thread #121. "From the recap of the game, it doesn’t sound like BR offense was state title worthy at all!! A break down of Hartley D led to a 75 yard gallop, a drive that sputtered out for a field goal and one early drive for a TD. 17 points scored by the offense. 14 points scored by their defense. Not sure how that was state title worthy. West Holmes RB had 400 yards and 7 TD last night. That’s more of a title worthy offense. Congratulations BR on the win."

My post "They didn't need to show anything, did you think the JV and freshman were going to show you that in the final 23 minutes with a running clock? West Holmes had their QB throwing TDs and taking sacks up 4 scores in the 4th"

You were the one using the exclamation points, saying offense was not state title worthy!!!!!!!!! And comparing their offense to WH.
I simply stated some facts about the games that you didn't even watch, and YOU took it personally for some reason. I never said Big Red did or didn't have a Great offense, I didn't compare them to Massie's 2021 d4 championship offense or any other State championship offenses.

Kiss the ring? Bow Down? WTH are you talking about?

Good Luck to Hartley, and before I forget it was real classy of YAMO sports which appears to be the home of hartley calling the Big Red kids, "Bad Boys, Hillbillies and Rednecks" on their talk show.

Have a great weekend, bud.
Talk about Vouchers. Half your Kids live in Wv. Give me a Break.