Way too early predictions for next year?

X’s roster now posted as well. Should be good, but, similar to Moeller, pretty young team.

Seniors:
Zach Eberle
Nick Feldkamp
Mike Harmeyer
Alex Huber
Ryan Morgan

Juniors:
Charlie Krebs
Bentley Meyer
Matt Pung
Evan Shields
Nick Stewart
Reed Terrell
Thomas Tran
Kyle Tressler

Sophomores:
Brady Jones

Elder’s as well. Way more senior heavy than the other GCL schools.

Seniors:
Joey Bianco
Will Busken
David Gruen
Zane Klusman
Drew Maune
David Maurer
Sam Schwallie
Andrew Zimmer

Juniors:
Henry Brandt
Bradley Lanter
Fred Harvey
Rudy Hofmeyer
Jack Hutzel
Luke Voss
Luke Wilms

I would guess you are right for Elder. My first guess would be

S - Bianco
OH - Maune
OH - Schwallie
MH - Busken
MH - Zimmer
OPP - Maurer
L - Harvey
DS (For Maurer) - Lanter

Moeller

S - Marcum
OH - Patterson
OH - Renneker
MH - Husting
MH - Threm
OPP - Hagerty
L - Wong
DS - Lewis

St. X

S/OPP - Haarmeyer
S - Tran
OH - Meyer
OH - Pung
MH - Feldkamp
MH - Terrell
OPP - Jones
L - Stewart

I think even without Samuels, Elder will be the team to beat with St X just behind them. I would expect Moeller to be in a bit of a "Rebuild" but still a top 5 or 6 team in the state

Moeller
S - Marcum
OH - Patterson
OH - Hagerty
MH - Husting
MH - Threm
OPP - Gesselbrecht
L - Wong
DS - Renneker
DS-Lewis/Oliver

If you bring up sophomores it’s to play. Just my guess.

I find it hard to believe that Moeller will run a 5-1, but it very well may be their only option. They will have a hard time defensively when Marcum is in the front row.

Moeller
S - Marcum
OH - Patterson
OH - Hagerty
MH - Husting
MH - Threm
OPP - Gesselbrecht
L - Wong
DS - Renneker
DS-Lewis/Oliver

If you bring up sophomores it’s to play. Just my guess.
Without the sophomores they would only have 10 on the roster. Need those extra bodies for 6 on 6 during practices. I think Marcum will absolutely see the court as a setter in either a 5-1 or 6-2. Not sure about the other three sophomores though...

I think a lot of people are expecting Patterson to move to OH, but, looking at the whole roster and the issues running a 5-1 could present, I don't think it's crazy to think he stays at MH and Husting is a 6-rotation S2 in a 6-2. I don't know all the positions the Sophomores play (Marcum aside), but MH looks like it won't have a lot of options.

I think a lot of people are expecting Patterson to move to OH, but, looking at the whole roster and the issues running a 5-1 could present, I don't think it's crazy to think he stays at MH and Husting is a 6-rotation S2 in a 6-2. I don't know all the positions the Sophomores play (Marcum aside), but MH looks like it won't have a lot of options.

Oliver - L/DS
Ernst - MH
Gesselbrecht - MH/OPP

Just my opinion, but they need to get their best kill option (Patterson) on a pin so he has the chance to get swing attempts on out of system passes.

JJ was great at getting Reinhold and Patterson the ball last year with passes very few setters would even try to run middle on. I don't think they have a setter with that ability yet.

Nope. I'd imagine Harvey will take over the libero spot. If not, Schwallie probably does and Lanter is the OH2.
I wouldn't be totally shocked that if Harvey can handle the libero spot, Maune and Schwallie at OH. Lanter I believe plays Opposite on his club team plays there at Elder also, and they give Maurer a shot in the middle. This would make them very athletic on the pins with alot of options passing in the back row.

Just my opinion, but they need to get their best kill option (Patterson) on a pin so he has the chance to get swing attempts on out of system passes.

JJ was great at getting Reinhold and Patterson the ball last year with passes very few setters would even try to run middle on. I don't think they have a setter with that ability yet.
Correct. I believe JJ is on staff this season, so hopefully a player or two can learn.

Correct. I believe JJ is on staff this season, so hopefully a player or two can learn.
JJ was the best setter in the state last year, in my opinion. Those types of players are hard to replace. I haven't seen Patterson play outside this year in club, how comfortable did he look out there?

I think he struggled in serve receive against some of the highest level competition Vanguard played this year (Still better than you expect for a kid playing up a grade and learning a new position). Offensively, he was fine

I wouldn't be totally shocked that if Harvey can handle the libero spot, Maune and Schwallie at OH. Lanter I believe plays Opposite on his club team plays there at Elder also, and they give Maurer a shot in the middle. This would make them very athletic on the pins with alot of options passing in the back row.
I can't see Maurer playing middle over one of the other 2 guys they have. If it's up to him and Lanter and the difference isn't palpable, Maurer will likely get the first shot at Opp. Maurer likely is the better blocker, while Lanter is definitely the better offensive option, so it could come down to what Tierney thinks the middles can give them on defense.

La Salle’s is up

Sr
Christopher Albrinck
Nate Birck
Jackson Eichhold
Ian Voss
Aiden Schaeffer

Jr
Cole Birkenhauer
Brian Doyle
William Gavin
Nick Lewis
Isaiah Roman
Roger Wilcox

So
Aidan Feeley
Harrison Wood
Harrison Hausfeld

I would guess you are right for Elder. My first guess would be

S - Bianco
OH - Maune
OH - Schwallie
MH - Busken
MH - Zimmer
OPP - Maurer
L - Harvey
DS (For Maurer) - Lanter

Moeller

S - Marcum
OH - Patterson
OH - Renneker
MH - Husting
MH - Threm
OPP - Hagerty
L - Wong
DS - Lewis

St. X

S/OPP - Haarmeyer
S - Tran
OH - Meyer
OH - Pung
MH - Feldkamp
MH - Terrell
OPP - Jones
L - Stewart

I think even without Samuels, Elder will be the team to beat with St X just behind them. I would expect Moeller to be in a bit of a "Rebuild" but still a top 5 or 6 team in the state
For St. X I wouldn’t count Kyle Tressler out for that second OH position over Pung. Plus with Jones’ current wrist injury, they could throw Shields on the the right side.

48C3957F-0660-43FC-8700-4D016DC4F38F.jpeg

Not much respect for Elder at the top, and not much for Walnut. These early polls are always bad though.

View attachment 27836
Not much respect for Elder at the top, and not much for Walnut. These early polls are always bad though.
Agree. Elder was 1 in the south region. Reflects trend of yappi conversation.

I expect elder and WH to get running quickly. Both programs have starting setters and hitters that played club together. Elder - attack 18s, WH -attack 17s.

Especially in the first few weeks, I would just look at the regional polls. Since those are only voted on by the coaches within that region they typically know better about the other local teams.

In the South, it's:

1. Elder
2. X
3. Moeller
4. Walnut
5. LaSalle
6. Badin
7. Mason
8. Fairfield
9. Loveland
10. Oak Hills