Walsh Jesuit vs. Archbishop Hoban

Agree with you partially. At the same time, both Ed's and Hoban will want their top guys in there (unless they're nursing an injury) and playing hard in week 10 because both of them likely have 2-3 weeks of cupcakes, total mismatches, and 40-50 point blowouts to start the postseason. They might not see tough competition and another team that can match their talent and physicality until the regional final or later.

I'm sure they don't want their teams to have gone a month or more between truly competitive football games when we get to mid-late November.
Plus let's face it, pride is on the line. But, the ultimate goal is winning the state title. And in the back of their mind, that at some point in that game could play a factor in a decision that needs to be made.

You need to remember that bookmakers don't predict games; they predict bettors. A lot of people would put money on Hoban because they're Hoban. That moves the line.
I need to know how much action these guys are getting on HS football games, but the inner degenerating in me doesn't surprise me if it's a decent amount.

Fwiw, this was the opening line!