Update: Baseball is Back (As lockout drags on, poll indicates MLB could be charting path to irrelevance)

Man...they are SOOOOO close!!! I still feel they get something done by the weekend. brianwr112 hates baseball and wants the sport to dissolve.

Things are moving at warp speed for the union and major league baseball...inching closer!!!
So Close Collider Video GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

There's no need to get into the weeds on a message board. Good heavens supposedly they are far apart on the international draft.

Man...they are SOOOOO close!!! I still feel they get something done by the weekend. brianwr112 hates baseball and wants the sport to dissolve.

You are a riot. First you say you don't want to get into the weeds. The details are all that matter in a negotiation.

You also say they are far apart on the international draft. NOPE - they have an agreement on that topic, but it only impacts a few players each year.

Then, without knowing the details, you say they are "sooooo close". What do you base this on? They are still a long way apart on the pre-arb bonus pool and some tax accounting details. They are getting closer on minimum salary and CBT.

Sorry for bogging down your polyanna fantasy with details and facts. You are such a clown ?.

Based on the current trajectory, they will get to an agreement, but not without some more time passing.

You are a riot. First you say you don't want to get into the weeds. The details are all that matter in a negotiation.

You also say they are far apart on the international draft. NOPE - they have an agreement on that topic, but it only impacts a few players each year.

Then, without knowing the details, you say they are "sooooo close". What do you base this on? They are still a long way apart on the pre-arb bonus pool and some tax accounting details. They are getting closer on minimum salary and CBT.

Sorry for bogging down your polyanna fantasy with details and facts. You are such a clown ?.

Based on the current trajectory, they will get to an agreement, but not without some more time passing.
By my watch about 36 minutes of time passed....they were that close. Why don't you go follow hockey or golf. That seems to be about your level.

By my watch about 36 minutes of time passed....they were that close. Why don't you go follow hockey or golf. That seems to be about your level.

OK take your victory lap, I'm glad you were right. It must feel weird for you to get something right.

OK take your victory lap, I'm glad you were right. It must feel weird for you to get something right.
Actually feels pretty normal. Look there was way too much money for both sides to continue to squabble. This is classic negotiations and both side will continue to complain about getting screwed. The major league baseball minimum salary went up 40%. Not bad eh?

I'm glad this is behind us now and we can get to talking about pitching rotations and batting orders, you know, more important things... ?

Well if we’re really keeping receipts you basically said the players weren’t going to get anything and that they’d eventually just agree to whatever the owners threw their way so they didn’t go pour.

I‘d say common sense finally prevailed which meant both sides had to give a little. I wish I could get the type of raise the league min guys got.

But glad you were right on them getting this over.

Last edited: