TOSU @ ncaa: first round melt down

What, "better" coach out there wants to leave their program to come to OSU? I'll look forward to the list...
I'll take any active coach with more national titles than the current guy. Except Brands of course as he's a scumbag. So how many on that list? How many can "we" get? None? Correct, so these "fire him" people should shut their whore mouths.

I'll take any active coach with more national titles than the current guy. Except Brands of course as he's a scumbag. So how many on that list? How many can "we" get? None? Correct, so these "fire him" people should shut their whore mouths.
Why didn't Max Dean transfer to OSU?
Would he win the title if he did?

I don't think anyone is arguing that tOSU has a better room than PSU. He was given an opportunity to go to PSU and have the best wrestling partners on the planet and the best coach in the NCAA. I don't see how this question is relevant to whether or not Tom Ryan is a good coach or worthy of being at the helm at Ohio State. We are not getting Cael. Give this coach and his staff another year and we will be back in the conversation. The stats have been posted and cannot be discounted. Tom Ryan has made a huge impact on tOSU and this too shall pass. We're all disappointed by the end result of this season. It happens to the greatest of programs. There are ups and downs.

Well he was a National Runner Up in 2019 so yeah I'd say there was a pretty good chance that he'd have won a national championship had he came to Ohio State or anywhere else for that matter...hell if a call or two didn't go his way he wouldn't have even been in the national finals this year...it wasn't like he went to PSU and jumped crazy levels - he was already at a very high level and had a good weekend. Its like asking if Nick Suriano would have won a national title had he chosen Ohio State - again the answer is most likely yes lol

Has Ohio State bested Penn State? No, but nobody has come close. Has Tom Ryan and company been one of the top coaches/programs in the country for over a decade - yes.

Stop the nonsense. Right now, its PSU and then everyone else and Ohio State is amongst the top of "everyone else." Very excited about the upcoming recruiting classes.

Then folks are questioning Jaggers, Steiber, and Jordan.... LOL insanity.

It's not just national titles. Development matters. Why do you think Kyle Snyder left?
Hmmmm... wtf does that have to do with Tom Ryan or the Buckeyes? NLWC had a better room for development for him than the ortc because partners in the room. Fire John Smith too? They have had better recruiting classes and haven't trophied for a while. Gene Smith will definitely make changes ?? if the most successful coach in the school's history doesn't win soon! Smfh.

Hmmmm... wtf does that have to do with Tom Ryan or the Buckeyes? NLWC had a better room for development for him than the ortc because partners in the room. Fire John Smith too? They have had better recruiting classes and haven't trophied for a while. Gene Smith will definitely make changes ?? if the most successful coach in the school's history doesn't win soon! Smfh.
Didn't Kyle win Olympic Gold while still in the OSU training room? I may have that wrong, but I thought he won it before leaving for PSU

Didn't Kyle win Olympic Gold while still in the OSU training room? I may have that wrong, but I thought he won it before leaving for PSU
Yeah and he didn't win gold at tosu after that, left and guess what he's still not beating Sadulaev. F*** it lets fire Cael too. Even his coaching isn't good enough for all you keyboard back seat don't know s*** wannabe coach critics

Was it beneficial to bring back guys like Stieber and Jordan as coaches. I would have thought the mat game would have been top notch with Stieber back as a coach. Losing Terv was huge.
Why did he leave? They ousted thatcher for him and he left why? Could have gotten David Carr paired with his dad to run the otc. But stuck with Terv. I’ll argue that our uppers had more success under thatcher.

Good wrestlers don't always make good coaches. It's obvious the talent we have isn't being pushed to their potential in the practice rooms. Ryan should give the coaches one more year to turn it around . Nice guys finish 13th
You know zip squat!

Interest Reaction GIF

#WeAre ???

In Karchla's match Stieber didn't throw the brick until after a stalemate was called. I thought he had a reversal but knew it wouldn't he overturned in review because they hardy overturn any calls. The challenge procces is more for show than anything else.
And it was two when O’Toole broke the lock and then relocked on the opposite hip. Ref and review blew it.

Fire every coach out there except Cael. He is the only one that lives up to our fans standards. You have to be 1 not actually watching regularly. 2 completely blind. 3 know absolutely nothing about wrestling. Or 4 be Corky Romano to not recognize the improvement in the mat game. All year from day one I was excited in the improvement. But just like Browns fans they expect to go from mediocre(in that position as far as OSU wrestling goes) to super bowl champs overnight! Bunch of Corky's IMHO
Stop with the ridiculous logical, sane thinking. This site is for rabid emotional fanatics only.
Iowa is in 3rd place OSU is in 13th ...
Who's underperforming ? Coach Ryan's problem is he's surrounding himself with two many Ohio boys . Time to make some changes.
I’m sure you were saying that Iowa should fire Brands and Hire Ryan for the previous decade + right?

You didn’t.

Just admit you don’t like him and your views on coaching are hypocritical.

Team Scores
1Penn State 131.5
2Michigan 95.0
3Iowa 74.0
4Arizona State 66.5
5Nebraska 59.5
6Northwestern 57.5
7Cornell 54.5
8Virginia Tech 52.5
9Missouri 49.5
10NC State 49.0
11Minnesota 48.5
12Oregon State 44.5
13Ohio State 44.0

Ohio State and the RTC are the same program. Penn State is better right now. Should we not try to beat them?

Not sure about the win now perspective. Not developing your high ranked recruits is the next 4-5 years is the evaluation. If they are still #13th, the Athletic Director at OSU will consider upgrading. If they are close to the top and performing well, Tom Ryan will get an extension.

You're making the same argument that got Thad Matta fired.

Ohio State gets the best recruits but fails to develop them. Tomasello and Myles should have been 3-4 time national champs and k
Stead only won as freshman. Other schools continue to stay water and develop while Tom Ryan continues his old ways. They need to move on.

How about some TOSU 2022/2023 discussion? I know there'll surely be a thread started at some point ?...but in the mean time how many of the superstar freshman class make an impact?
This was discussed back in 2018-2020 during the Moore/Pletcher/Martin/Mckenna years but is it possible TOSU punts on the year and redshirts Sasso and maybe a few others in hopes of creating a path to contend for a NC in 2023/2024? Doesn't seem likely but in hindsight it would have been very beneficial to have done in 2019/2020.

How about some TOSU 2022/2023 discussion? I know there'll surely be a thread started at some point ?...but in the mean time how many of the superstar freshman class make an impact?
This was discussed back in 2018-2020 during the Moore/Pletcher/Martin/Mckenna years but is it possible TOSU punts on the year and redshirts Sasso and maybe a few others in hopes of creating a path to contend for a NC in 2023/2024? Doesn't seem likely but in hindsight it would have been very beneficial to have done in 2019/2020.
Sasso already took a redshirt. He would be a junior eligibility wise in 2022-2023 and could come back for another year in 2023-2024 if he chooses.