Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

gibsonburg,Lake, Fostoria, Evergreen, Maumee, Waite, stritch, van buren, north baltimore, oh,swanton,lakota,woodmore,stritch ---------------thats 14 for sures

home against maybes : TC, EC

It's looking like somewhere between 14-16 wins--- could drop as far as 13 wins or as high as 17.
They aren't beating Lake, Fostoria, Evergreen or Van Buren :) Can't believe I let myself get drug into these shenanigans lol

They aren't beating Lake, Fostoria, Evergreen or Van Buren :) Can't believe I let myself get drug into these shenanigans lol
Why??????? I am insiteful. Northwood beat fostoria last year and played van buren to a couple possessions. Northwood rolls. Evergreen is the only game that could potentially cause issues.

Whitmer has a bunch of scorers in the 6'1" to 6'4" range but the one thing they lack is an athletic big. They have the big olineman (Carter Lowe 6'6" 300) but he is not really a basketball player and has seen very limited minutes.

I think any team that can beat the Panthers up in the paint and slow the pace will have success. Whitmer has scorers who want to "get theirs" and will become frustrated when they don't. In my experience, any time a bunch of talent comes together suddenly, much like this year's team, it never ends well as they struggle to gel and play as a unit. Time will tell and today should be a decent challenge.
Seems like Whitmer is figuring out the gel piece. ;)

Scott seems to be the surprise of the TCL, beat Lima and took EC to the wire. I think they could give CC some trouble come tourney time.

Why??????? I am insiteful. Northwood beat fostoria last year and played van buren to a couple possessions. Northwood rolls. Evergreen is the only game that could potentially cause issues.
Lake 75 Northwood 70

Told ya :)

You "told" someone about a five point spread? An obviously predicatble game? You're going to rub that in?
Dana Carvey Nbc GIF

Northwood within five of a team that beat Otsego, a team that had not long ago won against Northwood by a good margin. That sounds like the Northwood kids are not quitting, working hard and getting better, regardless a tough year. A member that joined in 2011 I can presume no longer a child in age is going to find that an opportunity to take shots at kids. Which of those two would I trust when the heat was on? 🤷

The area doesn't improve by discouraging kids. When the struggling sees the more struggling as an oppotunity to abuse rather than unite, that's poverty.
;)

Last edited:
Never thought I would ever say this and it goes against my predictions in the Northern Buckeye but Lake actually looked pretty good. Shoot the absolute blood out of the ball. Play a decent brand of offense an interesting defense but an overall decent brand off basketball. Seem to be weak on the rebounding end which will break their back. It’s early but I am curious to see how they do against Genoa, Eastwood and Oak harbor.