Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Figured it was time to start the new thread.

Jalen Brown has decided to stay at Emmanuel Christian rather than transferring to Whitmer.
That’s a surprise. He would have been a very good fit in that style of play with Whitmer.

In addition to Makhi Leach ('25) from Central, Elijah McLeod ('24) from Wauseon, and Tylin Patterson ('25) from Emmanuel, Whitmer also got Andre Young ('26) from Emmanuel.

Last edited:
IMG_8766.jpeg

Makhi Leach transfers from Toledo Central Catholic to Toledo Whitmer and joins Tylin Patterson from Emmanuel Christian and McLeod from Wauseon.

Not sure if they still have the Scott transfer point guard. if they do that’s a really good roster.

Really good 2025 guard. Offers from Toledo and I think a couple more D1 schools.

Nice pickup for the Whitmer Panthers.

Whne going to an in district, is it a "transfer" if leaving a private school? Or is that just a semantic word?

View attachment 45241
Makhi Leach transfers from Toledo Central Catholic to Toledo Whitmer and joins Tylin Patterson from Emmanuel Christian and McLeod from Wauseon.

Not sure if they still have the Scott transfer point guard. if they do that’s a really good roster.

Really good 2025 guard. Offers from Toledo and I think a couple more D1 schools.

Nice pickup for the Whitmer Panthers.
Do they all live in Whitmer school district? If not how are they not sitting out second half of the season?

Do they all live in Whitmer school district? If not how are they not sitting out second half of the season?
I have no idea where they live. I’m assuming they will be able to play without sitting half the season. Very rarely do you see sitting in the second half with the exceptions now a days.

Patterson was at EC last year but played football for Scott.

Leach is a Rogers kid.

Not sure what district Young is in.

Whitmer coaches have these parents already lined up for housing.

How do people know where all these kids live? 🤔 That’s strange.
Central sends people to hide in bushes. They will not tolerate this as they are the only game in town that can recruit. Look for a heavy handed OHSAA investigation to follow. ;)

TBH when I have seen talent assembled like this in the past it has rarely worked out. Just one ball to go around and the gel never takes place.

Central sends people to hide in bushes. They will not tolerate this as they are the only game in town that can recruit. Look for a heavy handed OHSAA investigation to follow. ;)
Or the fact Leach older brother went to Rogers. Gret time to have rentals in Washington local. Terrible time to be an aspiring athlete coming thru Washington local, especially in hoops.

TBH when I have seen talent assembled like this in the past it has rarely worked out. Just one ball to go around and the gel never takes place.
See your point, West, Leach and Patterson all played year’s together on Glenwood AAU team. However, with college scholarships on the line those years of togetherness might go out the window.

See your point, West, Leach and Patterson all played year’s together on Glenwood AAU team. However, with college scholarships on the line those years of togetherness might go out the window.
I don’t think it will be an issue for those 3. Patterson is a football kid and that’s where his offers will come from. Both West and Leach are smart kids and also have a former college coach coaching them now. He will definitely tell them the truth ,which is the college offers they are looking for come from two things. A deep state run or their summer basketball. So they will understand a college scholarship is not on the line during any NLL game or mid level out of conference game that is not part of a showcase like Flying to The Hoop.

Looks like the CHSL doesn't play a round robin schedule so the privates don't have a full slate listed yet. St. Francis has Liberty-Benton on the schedule so I guess anything goes.

Looks like the CHSL doesn't play a round robin schedule so the privates don't have a full slate listed yet. St. Francis has Liberty-Benton on the schedule so I guess anything goes.
Yeah just 1 game I think. Should’ve just went independent.

CHSL has the Toledo teams playing each other twice and the Michigan teams playing each other twice with single games between the Toledo and Michigan teams. There is also a league tournament for all 8 teams in February.

Last edited:
It was in the blade
I wasn't looking for source. I was looking for speculation on reasons for transfer. SFS has neither better academics nor better basketball coaching than Northview. That's not a slam on either SFS's academics or coaching. Just a I think fairly objective understanding.