Toledo Area Basketball 23-24

Haha your contribution in life is on this thread boss. Good for you
🤷 you're talking about "we" but you hadn't posted on the thread. Turn that into an insult if you want, but you looked like a lost poster and you weren't making sense. I tried to help you.

Wanted to see what happened tonight before making my final NBC standings prediction. Should see some solid play this year and about 5 of the teams will be returning most of their production next year as well.

1 Oak Harbor - Great junior class, led by one of the best players in the league in Stokes and LaLonde at PG. I think they’ll continue to prove to be the best in the league as they did tonight.
2 Genoa - Right there with Oak Harbor, they’ll have a shot to get the Rockets back later this year. Plantz is a matchup nightmare down low with Brunkhorst and Huston is always a threat from 3.
3 Eastwood - Another Junior heavy team, quick, athletic and steady guard play from Oliver and Lewis along with “bigs” Kamarchik and Badenhop that can do a little of everything make them tough. Their lack of size may haunt them against the top 2 teams though.
4 Fostoria - Good skill and decent size but not quite as deep as the top 3. The play of Johnson and Ferguson could carry them to a solid season and will make them difficult to beat.
5 Otsego - Solid senior group led by their PG Weaver and posts Balusik and Simpson. They can win against most the teams ahead of them on the right night but lack the athleticism to be a league champ threat.
6 Lake - Much improved, they’ll play some entertaining ball as they like to get up and down the floor with a lot of athletes. Another young team led by a mix of juniors and sophomores, getting stops on defense against the teams above them may be too much to ask this year.
7 Rossford - Led by two dynamic and skilled freshman Fox and Theobalds they’ll continue to improve but I’d be surprised if they can win more than a few in league this year.
8 Maumee - A junior heavy team this year as well but the sophomore Kubicz brothers may lead the charge and freshman Dodson also gives them something to work with going forward.

Last edited:
Any unexpected? Scott already noted.
Besides me, anyone thinking the basketball situation for the Detroit league schools isn't dire?

Ottawa-Glandorf 45
Bluffton 40
Surprised that it was so close and that O-G had to come from behind to win.

Ottawa-Glandorf 45
Bluffton 40
Surprised that it was so close and that O-G had to come from behind to win.
Coach Boblitt is a Jim Rucki devotee and you can see it in Bluffton's vaying styles. One night they score 86 and another they score 40. I suspect he knows better than to get into a running game with O-G and works the offense until they get a good shot.

I know of your deep fondness for Coach Rucki, or is that kritz?

So who saw this one? Central Catholic goes into Whitehouse and cruises to a near 30-point win over Anthony Wayne to open its season. The Irish had TWO freshman scoring in double digits with Mack-Russell leading the way with 20 points and Kynard contributing 12 points.

Fremont Ross 18-8-12-12 - 50
Tiffin Columbian 13-9-16-15 - 53

Ross (1-2): 18-46 FG, 10-16 FT, 4-16 3pt (Haralson 2, Lee, Hardin), 29 rebounds (Lee 6), 9 turnovers. Scoring: Michael Stover 0 3-5 3, Dontrell Heard 1 1-1 3, Tykell Patterson 4 0-0 8, Makai Lee 3 0-4 7, DeKendre Hardin 4 2-2 11, Justin Haralson 3 4-4 11, Ryan Tucker 3 0-0 6.

Columbian (1-0): 23-39 FG, 5-17 FT, 2-5 3pt (Gooding, Roggow), 24 rebounds (Roggow 7), 13 turnovers. Scoring: Brady Gooding 12 1-5 26, Zach Shawberry 6 1-4 13, Bryce Roggow 3 3-4 10, Mitch Stephey 1 0-0 2, Isaac Garcia 1 0-4 2.

Southview takes down Northview 43-40. Crazy ending with 6 technical foul shots when SV had the easy win with 1 sec left.

It’s not going to be good for the Toledo Catholic schools….. At all.
I think this is being overblown. They only play 5 games against the true Detroit Catholic League teams. One of them, Detroit Catholic Central, was 11-11 last year and lost to Dearborn by 12 Friday night. The Detroit teams play each other twice so the league schedules are totally unbalanced.

Take SJJ for example. If they:

Sweep SFS (they won at the pit Fri)
Split with TCC
Beat DCC
Go 1-3 against the other 4 Detroit schools

They’d be 5-4 in the league. If they were still in the TRAC and played Whitmer 2x, Lima Senior 2x, and TCC 2x, I’m guessing they’d lose 4 of those games anyway.

Say what you want. Waite scored 36 against EC last night. Northwood is at worst, 3 times better than Waite. Math aint great but I figure Northwood should be upwards to 90 on Saturday. Northwood put some scares into Sed while he was at stritch, with much better stritch teams and far worse northwood teams. Sed knows he no longer has a huge talent advantage over northwood and he knows that he cant out x and o Northwood's staff. I legitimately see Northwood winning against EC 94 -78. They coming and not even TC or MVCDS is safe at the top.
On the bright side Northwood didn’t give up 78…

On the bright side Northwood didn’t give up 78…
Mock and laugh all you want. Refs didnt give the Rangers a chance early on. Might want to check the box score. Northwood played them even in the second half and when it was crunch time (4th quarter) emmannuel had no answers and the Rangers flushed them. Dawson clearly saw something and Sed didnt adjust. Cant see EC winning the return game in Northwood . Side note**** Northwood has a junior who has to be up there already for player of the year considerations. Matchup nightmare.

I think this is being overblown. They only play 5 games against the true Detroit Catholic League teams. One of them, Detroit Catholic Central, was 11-11 last year and lost to Dearborn by 12 Friday night. The Detroit teams play each other twice so the league schedules are totally unbalanced.

Take SJJ for example. If they:

Sweep SFS (they won at the pit Fri)
Split with TCC
Beat DCC
Go 1-3 against the other 4 Detroit schools

They’d be 5-4 in the league. If they were still in the TRAC and played Whitmer 2x, Lima Senior 2x, and TCC 2x, I’m guessing they’d lose 4 of those games anyway.
All I am saying is the Toledo teams will be hard pressed for them to beat any of the Detroit Catholic teams outside of DCC and even DCC will be a hard game. I understand they play them only once but they will be the under dog in all of those CHSL games 🤷‍♂️ I’m pretty sure that is consensus for the most part. Hopefully they do well. If they do well in the league it won’t be against the Detroit teams it will be against each other.

Mock and laugh all you want. Refs didnt give the Rangers a chance early on. Might want to check the box score. Northwood played them even in the second half and when it was crunch time (4th quarter) emmannuel had no answers and the Rangers flushed them. Dawson clearly saw something and Sed didnt adjust. Cant see EC winning the return game in Northwood . Side note**** Northwood has a junior who has to be up there already for player of the year considerations. Matchup nightmare.
😂 😂 😂

Please continue your analysis all year. It’s entertaining and funny.