The Official 2021 Cincinnati Reds Thread

i wish they would purchase a relief pitcher. lol

jtk
()
My first thought. My second thought was that in some roundabout way they would work this into relief pitcher.

Yet, if they get what they 'got' then what's the point? Yesterday's game was sickening. :(

Last edited:
you are definitely a racist. suarez is an adequate player. by his behavior on and off the field and during interview hes seems like a good person. none the less, you are still a racist.

jtk
()

Suarez is a good ball player? How do you know he is a good person? How do you know I'm a racist?
Lol. I simply said what I liked and disliked. You self-identified with the 'racist' part of my statement. It is important to know one's self. Well done.

Back to baseball, eager to see young Santillan today. Hopefully we score early and let him relax a little and pitch to his abilities.

you are definitely a racist. suarez is an adequate player. by his behavior on and off the field and during interview hes seems like a good person. none the less, you are still a racist.

jtk
()
What empirical evidence do you have that I'm a racist? Suarez is not adequate this year, dont be a boob

Kinda have to give credit when credits due...no way I'd ever believe they'd be above 500 with the lineup they've been forced to play. I understand injuries are part of the game but Bell's been able to win with a depleted roster and pitching under performing. And each part of the batting order seems to come up big on different days

What empirical evidence do you have that I'm a racist? Suarez is not adequate this year, dont be a boob
lol. im the boob. i do like boobs though. maybe because you refer to a guy as the mexican lol. what other empirical evidence do i need. just like i'd be racist if i called you a twat. lol

jtk
()

lol. im the boob. i do like boobs though. maybe because you refer to a guy as the mexican lol. what other empirical evidence do i need. just like i'd be racist if i called you a twat. lol

jtk
()
Good one! For high school

Looks like they are fast tracking Greene, Lodolo won’t be far behind him.
September, at the earliest, so they do not waste a year of team control. Unless there are a slew of injuries and they have no choice. Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that.

Your posts on all threads speak for themselves. Assuming you mean what you say, it is pretty clear what type of person you are. Filled with negativity.

As for Suarez, he has been sub-par, yes. But he has 14 HR and 33 RBI through 62 games. Even sub-par, Suarez is on pace for 37 HR and 86 RBI. Pace has been even better the last month. And you want to bench him based on batting average? Smart.

Your posts on all threads speak for themselves. Assuming you mean what you say, it is pretty clear what type of person you are. Filled with negativity.

As for Suarez, he has been sub-par, yes. But he has 14 HR and 33 RBI through 62 games. Even sub-par, Suarez is on pace for 37 HR and 86 RBI. Pace has been even better the last month. And you want to bench him based on batting average? Smart.
He is a liability both defensively and offensively, sorry you can’t see that. As for your opinion of me on on Hs sports forum, it’s duly noted

September, at the earliest, so they do not waste a year of team control. Unless there are a slew of injuries and they have no choice. Hopefully they are smart enough to realize that.
If he lights up AAA he will get called up unless he is on a innings restriction. So will Lodolo. The Reds have too many starters and not enough relievers, maybe they should move some of them and package the Mexican to get some decent bullpen help ??

If he lights up AAA he will get called up unless he is on a innings restriction. So will Lodolo. The Reds have too many starters and not enough relievers, maybe they should move some of them and package the Mexican to get some decent bullpen help ??
Remember when you thought AAA was a joke?

Of course he'll be on an innings restriction

This is awesome. Thank you for clearing up the confusion that fans do not control the club; I thought I was in charge. Also you cleared up the the obvious confusion that Castellini and Krall don't play. Such a dope. But management is 100% responsible for which players are on the roster. How can you say they are blameless?

I will also continue rooting for this team. That doesn't mean I won't question their decisions and actions.
I just wanted to make sure you understand. It amazes me that we give credit when the players perform and yet we blame management when players don't perform. It's sports, there are winners and losers. Guys overperform expectorations, and underperform as well.

The thing with baseball, unlike some other sports is you don't have to spend tons of money to win. Yes, the Dodgers do and can, but they also have a good minor league system and if you look closely, alot of their key guys are not free agents. Sure they have an advantage as they can go get a Trevor Bauer and add him to a staff of already highly paid players. But conversely the Tampa Bay Rays can lose a Blake Snell and still be in first place. They really have not missed him.
Heck, look at the division leaders in baseball today. Oakland, Tampa, Milwaukee, White Sox, Indians, all on the lower side of payroll and still winning.
And I love it that a single fan threatens to not spend money with the team?? One thing I know, no matter what, fans will go to game when teams win, no matter how they are treated.

Greene would make sense in the pen this season. It would solve the innings issue and make the most of his 100+ mph fastball. Long term... starter.

Back to baseball, eager to see young Santillan today. Hopefully we score early and let him relax a little and pitch to his abilities.
Santillan got a few runs early, worked out of jams and it was good to see him battle. He's a stop gap until Sonny can come back, but we could do worse. Fortunatley over the weekend we got to pummel a team with not great pitching like we get sometimes. The Rockies are clearly in a rebuild and not good, but those are the teams you have to beat.
There was some talk about looking at Trevor Story, after seeing him yesterday, and I know it was only one game, I'm not sure I'd do that. We could do better with a rent-a-shortstop. And I've said this before, I'm really ok keeping Kyle Farmer there. The focus of any acquisions should be bullpen arms. I wonder if we could get anyone from the Indians for Aristedes Aquino? They need outfield offense badly and they have a good bullpen.