The official 2021 Canton McKinley Football discussion

Raymo you are getting "the telephone game" version of info. lol

WGH was in the Bennie last week for a passing scrimmage - both teams have exciting players to def watch this season
I was there for almost two hours,just don't know the players yet.

The 3 year OL starter, last name Monahan, is indeed 6/8, 305 lbs., who made All-Ohio honors last season. Actually have 3 returning starters on the OL; 4 returning starters on D side.

The 3 year OL starter, last name Monahan, is indeed 6/8, 305 lbs., who made All-Ohio honors last season. Actually have 3 returning starters on the OL; 4 returning starters on D side.
Think it's time for a Fullback like the ole days...BAM!

So much for Hall having everything under control.

But yeah hopefully he doesn’t end up at Hoban although that would be less than surprising for them to swoop in on the best player Mck had

Better Hoban then Massillon
There will be a total meltdown of the foot ball program that will last for years so sad that this has happened
This is not a total meltdown of the football program. Everything will stabilize after a while. Mani is self-destructing. He’s not going to feel right anywhere at this point. He had a chance to move in with one of the coaches before pizza gate and he chose not to. He would have had some stability and more discipline in his life; that was his first bad decision. He’s a lost young man with a lot of athletic ability.

This is not a total meltdown of the football program. Everything will stabilize after a while. Mani is self-destructing. He’s not going to feel right anywhere at this point. He had a chance to move in with one of the coaches before pizza gate and he chose not to. He would have had some stability and more discipline in his life; that was his first bad decision. He’s a lost young man with a lot of athletic ability.
A public forum is not the place to talk about a high schooler’s personal life.

A public forum is not the place to talk about a high schooler’s personal life.
It’s a known public fact, you just didn’t know it. I gave no information on any of the reasons for him needing more stability or discipline. It is what it is. God Bless him.

“Mani is self-destructing. He’s not going to feel right anywhere at this point. He had a chance to move in with one of the coaches before pizza gate and he chose not to. He would have had some stability and more discipline in his life; that was his first bad decision. He’s a lost young man with a lot of athletic ability.”

“Say no more”- Nate & Becca Moore

“Say no more”- Nate & Becca Moore
With the loss of the coach or few coaches the young man trusted, this has put him in a tailspin. You cannot take away adults that some young people have a bond and close relationships with. They can’t handle it. So at this point I’m sure he feels lost.

It’s a known public fact, you just didn’t know it. I gave no information on any of the reasons for him needing more stability or discipline. It is what it is. God Bless him.
Saying someone is “self-destructing” and a “lost young man” are not facts, those are opinions. They have no place on a public forum, especially when the facts that have come out do not support them. The known fact is that he is transferring. If McKinley is not the best place for him right now, then he needs to find that place. Whether that be Massillon, Hoban, St. V, IMG, Hargrave, etc. Reality is he should be looking everywhere so he can get ready to transition from a teenager to an adult.

With the loss of the coach or few coaches the young man trusted, this has put him in a tailspin. You cannot take away adults that some young people have a bond and close relationships with. They can’t handle it. So at this point I’m sure he feels lost.
Just got word. Mani is going to a prep school in Arkansas right next to the college. This sounds good to me. He will receive a lot of support there. Does not sound like self destruction at all. He was going to go in December, but has since changed to now since all of the upheaval. I wish him the best.

The turmoil continues... Any others gun a go as well
There will be more to go. Mani was the first big domino to fall. The players feel like their voice was not heard. There is also a belief with the players that Hall submarined Wattley. If the situation is/was as toxic as many were led to believe…the players would have rejoiced in the decision. It’s quite the opposite. Open season on McKinley’s players.

Just an awful post. Kids that self destruct don’t end up at SEC schools.

There will be more to go. Mani was the first big domino to fall. The players feel like their voice was not heard. There is also a belief with the players that Hall submarined Wattley. If the situation is/was as toxic as many were led to believe…the players would have rejoiced in the decision. It’s quite the opposite. Open season on McKinley’s players.
The players don't get a say who their coaches are. They don't have the mental development to make such decisions they think with their hearts and not their headṣ We'll know if Hall submarined Wattley if he tries to claim the HC position permanently.

I keep hearing that this Coaching Staff recently pulled together, whether interim, permanent or a mixture, is actually "better" than the previous staff. That all sounds encouraging, however, please explain why no names of these coaches are being mentioned. Is there an issue with the CCS Board of Education officially approving contracts? If so, then I get it. If not, then why not information disclosure regarding the staff.....varsity, JV, freshman?

maybe the biggest crock of garbage I have ever read on here. lots going on - so I went to practice today, as did others, and what did we see, the team working hard - kids having fun playing football. Gee, from what one coach told me Mani hasn't even been around a great deal. For good reason as he was having success in wrestling and track, but even after track he hasn't been around. I don't see kids leaving. When Spider was let go over 60 players went to the board meeting. Wattley had 6. Big difference.

To put Hall's character into question from what the other head coach did is outrageous! I feel bad for the assistant coaches that followed the leader as now they all have to walk. NO players are in any belief that hall submarined Wattley, he did it to himself. Wattley's reputation around Canton was all his doing, and I am not talking football. If you know then you know.
Well aware of Marcus’s reputation. You can spin it the way you want. Bottom line is the the teams best player just left the team because of what happened and more are to follow.

not much spin to my post - the boe meeting was live on facebook, hell it may have been 5 players I would have to watch it again.

one of the teams best players, yes, best player I am not so sure, but it is irrelevant - it takes 11 out there at any one time. I don't get hung up on the best garbage.

you say more are to follow....I say you are hoping or wishing because you either hate McK or are a sympathizer to one of the ousted.
I'm rooting for McK - what is done is done, if a kid leaves because they think they will have it better elsewhere then that is their RIGHT.

I am getting behind the kids that are still there and are repping the red and black, you nay sayers can keep swinging on the #@+$ of those that are gone.

GO DOGS!!!!
Appreciate you being a fan…and you’re right the team has to move forward. Not sure how you can say Mani wasn’t the teams best player. He’s going to play in the SEC. How many others on the team have SEC offers? I promise you I’m not a McKinley hater. I am a Wattley fan. It is what it is. He and the team will move on from this. My information about other players leaving comes from those very close to the program. All heresay until it happens…but those conversations are taking place. Good luck to the pups this year.

What was Wattley’s rep around canton? Until a couple months ago, I thought he was a solid coach. He won consistently and went to the playoffs every year- just couldn’t beat Massillon.