The Epic Showdown

RidgePride

Texas Own Southlake Carroll Dragons
web.Carroll.Dragons.xx.jpg

Trophy%20regchamps2006.jpg

Florida's Own Miami Northwest Bulldogs

O19565.jpg

Last edited:

Why does the phrase "clash of cultures" come to mind?

I refer to it as Good vs Evil.

Texas football = Good

Florida football = Evil

By the Way - the MNW coaches will be at SLC's spring game tonight. I will be there as well. I will give you guys a post game analysis.

I refer to it as Good vs Evil.

Texas football = Good

Florida football = Evil

By the Way - the MNW coaches will be at SLC's spring game tonight. I will be there as well. I will give you guys a post game analysis.

Florida Football is just as good as any other out there.

Carroll= spoon feed rich boys

MNW= Down south inner city boys

who is carroll playing in the spring game.

MNW is playing Glades Central. Which wont be a spring game at all. This will be treated as a real game. And a matchup we have been waiting for since 2002.

Naughty,

How does spring football work in Florida?

How long, how many games (I'm guessing one, but before this week I would have guessed none), does everyone play a game, do the games use fall rules, can seniors play, do seniors play?

Texas does not allow interschool contests in the spring. Spring football may end up with an intrasquad game. Here are the rules per UIL:

"18 spring training practice days which may be conducted in a period of 30 consecutive calendar days."

MNW is playing Glades Central. Which wont be a spring game at all. This will be treated as a real game. And a matchup we have been waiting for since 2002.

Reminds me of a Lufkin vs. Longview scrimage a few years ago. They are neighboring towns. Lufkin has owned Longview in recent years. They played a scrimage and Longview won. Longview was so excited they had t-shirts made.

I am going to get you a map SLCDad. They had been long time district rivals but neighboring towns they are not. The are 81 miles apart. Are you thinking of Nacogdoches? They have a rivalry.

I am going to get you a map SLCDad. They had been long time district rivals but neighboring towns they are not. The are 81 miles apart. Are you thinking of Nacogdoches? They have a rivalry.

81 miles is nothing in Texas. They are East Texas neighbors.

On another board, somebody asked if MNW was going to bring their parole officers with them.

See. thats where things get out of hands. I sterotyped above in a post and im sorry for that. But thats just something that should not be said. In ways i like carroll and in ways i dont. But the respect factor is still there.

spring football in florida.

Works pretty much the same way. Practices were allowed to start on May 1st. But you can play who you want. Glades Central(located in what us florida boys call muck city) played northwestern in a game 5 years back ran and them through the muck. This year the game should be better and a different outcome. So basically the only diffference is that we can play who we want.

Teams in lakeland played teams from Bradenten Manatee,Orlando, and others. And many other outter city match ups across the state.

Last edited:
See. thats where things get your of hands. I sterotype above in a post and im sorry for that. But thats just something that should not be said. In ways i like carroll and in ways i dont. But respect factor is still there.

It's all smack talk. It's mostly wrong, but there is a sliver of truth (maybe a very small sliver) in these comments.

Both Lakeland and MNW have earned the respect of any honest HS football fan. My guess is the players are learning integrity, hard work, humility and teamwork just like HS players on most teams.

Last edited:
The main thing i dont like about northwestern. Is their fans. They are rude and like to throw things when there team is not winning. For example their basketball game with Miami Killian. NMW was getting blanked and the fans started throwing crap on the court and stuff. It got to point where the game was stopped. They travel well. So a big crowd would not surprise me if they showed up in texas. Which northwestern crowd shows up waits to be seen.

at $3.00 a gallon I doubt more than 150 tickets are presold.

ha. 150. Umm did you just say 150. Agian let me ask did you just say 150. Ok this is the same northwestern crowd that packed in about 24,000 for the state game. that is a huge --- number for a florida team. Lakeland brought way more then 150 and our fan base is not even near that size. So i can see about 5-6 thousand coming. That may be over. But it would not surprise me.

ha. 150. Umm did you just say 150. Agian let me ask did you just say 150. Ok this is the same northwestern crowd that packed in about 24,000 for the state game. that is a huge --- number for a florida team. Lakeland brought way more then 150 and our fan base is not even near that size. So i can see about 5-6 thousand coming. That may be over. But it would not surprise me.

If I am not mistaken that was the state record for 24K+ at the title game. It was held in Miami and I assume that many of the fans, a quarter to a third at least were LB fans.

I would be absolutely shocked if 1,000 showed up. My guess is 300-500. I say this having seen several OOS games like this. This includes a travel trip to play at Disney for a Texas team.

No offense to DFW, but Orlando is a much bigger tourist attraction to be able to pull your kids out of school and spend $300/plane ticket to go to. It is an expensive venture for most fans to take especially in September. Much different than travelling in state when your team is doing well in the playoffs.

If vegas had an over/under on Northwestern attendence of 2,000, how much would you bet on the over. Just because the numbers could be manipulated (ala American Idol), I would bet $1000 on the under.

To answer your question, yes I said 150. My response is based on my own personal experience in attending the Herbie last year. That is my estimate based on the attendence of Texas High fans in Cinci 750+ mile drive. Texas High has a good reputation to travel and have carried 5,000+ regularly to playoff games 125+ miles. The Texas High school district is 55% economically disadvantaged. While Northwestern is a bigger school, from what I have seen, I think the families attending Northwestern are probably 90% economically disadvantaged. Distance and costs are going to barriers to attendence to this fan base.

I expect to hear how many Lakeland had at the Herbie. Granted it may have been more than Texas High, but I am sure it will be over inflated.

I agree Pied, you cannot compare DFW and Orlando a tourist distinations.

If I am not mistaken that was the state record for 24K+ at the title game. It was held in Miami and I assume that many of the fans, a quarter to a third at least were LB fans.

I would be absolutely shocked if 1,000 showed up. My guess is 300-500. I say this having seen several OOS games like this. This includes a travel trip to play at Disney for a Texas team.

No offense to DFW, but Orlando is a much bigger tourist attraction to be able to pull your kids out of school and spend $300/plane ticket to go to. It is an expensive venture for most fans to take especially in September. Much different than travelling in state when your team is doing well in the playoffs.

Ok lakeland brought 1,000 to ohio. SO i know for a fact that northwestern will hit at least that. And that would be a shocker for me. Becasue i expect them to bring way more then that. You forget these guys live and breathe football. MIssing some days of school is the least of their worries.

Ok lakeland brought 1,000 to ohio. SO i know for a fact that northwestern will hit at least that. And that would be a shocker for me. Becasue i expect them to bring way more then that. You forget these guys live and breathe football. MIssing some days of school is the least of their worries.

I understand and stand by my 300-500. Could be wrong, it's happened before, can't recall when but I am certain it has.

Don't insult DFW. We've got the 6th Floor Museum. I challenge Florida to top that. :D

I believe the Tower of Terror is taller and would top it....

Although you could say the School Book Depository was a Tower of Terror as well I guess.

Lakeland had a nice amount of fans up here last year it was somewhere around 1,000 fans.

Lakeland had a nice amount of fans up here last year it was somewhere around 1,000 fans.

nah did not go to cincy. But made the glades vs. Brynes game and the Nease vs hoover game the year before that. And then Nease vs Some tenn team i dont even remember. But trust me when i say. More then 1,000 fans are coming to this game. Even if they have to go by bus. They will ride that far for tht bulls team. They're fan base for one school city loaded with tons of schools. Is just unreal.

nah did not go to cincy. But made the glades vs. Brynes game and the Nease vs hoover game the year before that. And then Nease vs Some tenn team i dont even remember. But trust me when i say. More then 1,000 fans are coming to this game. Even if they have to go by bus. They will ride that far for tht bulls team. They're fan base for one school city loaded with tons of schools. Is just unreal.

I hear what you are saying, I am still skeptical. They just played and won the state title game in Miami. Unless Miami Northwestern is in a different city than the Miami the game is played, I will assume that it was played in very very close range of the Bulls unreal fans.

Now to the facts about that game.

MIAMI -- Jacory Harris threw for 308 yards and three touchdowns as Miami Northwestern capped off a perfect season with a decisive 34-14 victory over Lake Brantley in front of an FHSAA-record 24,368 fans at Dolphin Stadium.

http://www.floridafb.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=60453&SPID=6302&DB_OEM_ID=11200&ATCLID=717925

Lake Brantley is having trouble stopping the passing game of the Bulls. The Bulls scored on another passing touchdown, this one a 23-yard pass from Harris to Aldarius Johnson. They Bulls moved 70 yards in six plays and converted the two point conversion. The crowd is 60-40 in favor of Northwestern and enjoying the contest so far. Northwestern 14-7

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_highschool_varsity/2006/12/lake_brantley_m.html

So, according to the reporter's estimate which could be off some, less than 15,000 fans made the trip all the way from Miami to play in Miami to see their team win the state title.

So i can see about 5-6 thousand coming.

So you expect at lease 1 of every 3 people who made the arduous trip down the street to see the Bulls win State, to spend $250-$300 to fly to DFW.

ok.....

Even if they have to go by bus. They will ride that far for tht bulls team.

A bus ride from Miami to DFW is 20+ hours. A typical bus seats right at 40 people. Five full busses of paying passengers would be great and get you to 200 fans(I'll say 205 because the bus driver would probably be fans as well).

I'm just sayin......

ha. Did you make up those numbers. That is false info and i have never heard of that before. That is made up info

There was over 26,000 people at that game. More then 22,000 were northwestern fans. So how would you get 60-40.