Summit County Basketball 2021-2022

SVSM took it to Walsh tonight. 76-49

The Irish were playing their third game in four days and had a 27-22 halftime lead. They ratcheted up the defensive intensity in the second half to widen the lead.

SVSM takes on AP Div I # 1 Centerville on Saturday down on Maple street. Buchtel takes on AP Div I # 5 Gahanna Lincoln in Columbus on Saturday.
Hey, Hubman, good luck with GL! As the Irish learned firsthand, they are very good. As for STVM, the Irish will definitely have their hands full with the powerhouse from Centerville. It was a great game with them last year. My gut feeling is that STVM is a step below last year and that the Elks may be a step better than last year; which is a combination that doesn't bode well for the Irish! But we are tough to beat at home!

Here’s one for you local folks. Is anybody airing/streaming Summit County games on Friday nights ? I’ve been listening to Q92’s Stark County games, and wondered if maybe I’m missing out on some Summit Co. games.

Here’s one for you local folks. Is anybody airing/streaming Summit County games on Friday nights ? I’ve been listening to Q92’s Stark County games, and wondered if maybe I’m missing out on some Summit Co. games.
Green streams its home games on youtube

Centerville over SVSM 52-46. Elks shot lights out from the arc and the free throw line in the fourth quarter to overcome the 40-35 end of three deficit. SVSM lost Pryor early in the third after he took an elbow to the face sending him to the locker room. Elks had two defenders on Harris.

Good game, better team today won. Safe travel home.

Why has East been so bad this year? A couple of my guys I went to school with have kids there and they say this is the best group of players East has had in a long time.

Top 6 going into tournament play
SVSM
Buchtel
Green
Walsh
Copley
Hoban
Looks good. I might put Twinsburg up there ahead of Hoban and Copley. The Knights are very inconsistent but could potentially pull some upsets in the playoffs.

Why has East been so bad this year? A couple of my guys I went to school with have kids there and they say this is the best group of players East has had in a long time.
They looked pretty good the last time I saw them play Buchtel, but i think since then they have loss some of the wind in their sails,,

Per the Irish website, STVM @ Pick Central has been cancelled. Not sure why. Weather related?

Per the Irish website, STVM @ Pick Central has been cancelled. Not sure why. Weather related?
Weather related, something about no one allowed in the District’s buildings until Monday when school resumes.

They could have played in Akron if they really wanted the game. ?

SVSM over Brush tonight 71-63. First of three games this week, all on the road against quality opponents. Next up Lutheran East 2/9 and St. Edward 2/11.

A friend of mine made the trek up to Brush and he said it was the best game he had seen the Irish play all year. STVM knew they had to bring their "A" game against the Arcs, and it looks like they did. Great win for the Irish!
They are unreal on both sides of the court! Definitely the best STVM team Brush has played in the past four years!

SVSM over Brush tonight 71-63. First of three games this week, all on the road against quality opponents. Next up Lutheran East 2/9 and St. Edward 2/11.
One big reason kids come to STVM is for weeks like this. Not many schools can put together a schedule where you play teams like Brush, Pick Central, Lutheran East and St. Edward's all in a week. (Would have liked to see how the Irish would have fared against Pick Central).

One big reason kids come to STVM is for weeks like this. Not many schools can put together a schedule where you play teams like Brush, Pick Central, Lutheran East and St. Edward's all in a week. (Would have liked to see how the Irish would have fared against Pick Central).
hahaha It is hilarious because I think you convinced yourself that this is true!

Lol, yeh and the Irish can put this schedule together because they can get top players all over NEO and play most teams that can't or don't.

Do any of you have any info on Woodridge this year?
Just want to see what Benedictine is going up against in sectionals. Thanks