Summer Olympics

Think weight training and nutrition has changed over the years?

Mark Spitz>
mark-spitz-getty2jpg.jpg

Caleb Dressler
Portrait_shoulder_tat_0909.jpg
It's stuff like this that make me laugh when old heads say today's NBA player couldn't handle the physical play of the 70s and 80s.

I could do with a lot more sports and a LOT less talking heads. Bout had my fill of the Today crew. Comes off manufactered emotion from bad actors to me, particular Kdoba or whatever her name is.

I could do with a lot more sports and a LOT less talking heads. Bout had my fill of the Today crew. Comes off manufactered emotion from bad actors to me, particular Kdoba or whatever her name is.
That's to pull in female viewership which is needed for the Olympic telecast to make $s. Last night hard core sports guys were watching a combo of NBA draft and MLB, women though were glued to the Olympics to see the new gymnastics queen crowned. By the way if I see another story on Sunisa Lee's father I am going to kill myself, I think everyone by now knows he is a klutz and is paying the price for not being carful on a ladder.

Just back from Chicago and wife watching Olympics. Watched some last night. The patriotism on display is heart warming. Just exhibit your God given talents and let us admire your skills. PLEASE Check your political opinions at the door.

Team was absolutely gassed against the Dutch, but -erfect plays by Alyssa Naeher on two PKs and not a person on the planet that could have stopped that Rapinoe strike. Soccer onto the semis!

hard core sports guys were watching a combo of NBA draft and MLB, women though were glued to the Olympics to see the new gymnastics queen crowned. By the way if I see another story on Sunisa Lee's father I am going to kill myself, I think everyone by now knows he is a klutz and is paying the price for not being carful on a ladder.
watching a draft is hard core? OK then. What a world we live in. I missed that one, burp.

Watching the gymnastics is great. Even the other stuff is fine,.... once,.... briefly. It becomes so clear they're all complicit in trying to build future brands. Which is no different than what goes on in the NBA and MLB but at least those balance towards action on the field.

I get it, but this might put her ethnicity into perspective. That the same group that gave alot to this Country during Vietnam War. Many lives were lost because of that position. CIA I have a feeling they love this Country

US DQ'd in 4x400 mixed. 45 second mark. How could she NOT know she was in the wrong place? The empty lane 3 not a clue? A shame too because she absolutely pulled the team back into the race.

Now that I think about it, the tactic makes sense. Have the woman line up near the end of the passing zone to give the man a bit more of the track and pass away from all the hub-bub but she crossed the end line before getting the baton. Plus they needed a more competitive man on the first leg so he gets there before the crowd. Runners leaving the track tend to block the start of some of those on the next leg. A faster man on the first leg avoids getting caught up in that. Brutal for Irby, to have to see that live on interview.

US DQ'd in 4x400 mixed. 45 second mark. How could she NOT know she was in the wrong place? The empty lane 3 not a clue? A shame too because she absolutely pulled the team back into the race.
Was really looking forward to this event, this takes a little luster off of it for me.

Could the Kiwi run two legs of this race?

Don't click "Post Reply". Don't click "Post Reply" .....oh eff it.

I treat this like most sports I watch. DVR and start watching an hour (in Olympics case 2 to 3 hours) into it so I can fast forward through commercials and non coherent interviews right after they finish an event.

Last edited:
Biles is entitled to do what she needs to for herself. But as someone who tends to hold people to the same standards I hold myself to, I will just say I would never let my mental health cause me to miss work let alone the Olympics.
Then you my friend have never had mental health issues. So that would essentially place your standards on the low end. This thought process here is one of the many reasons why there is a lack of people seeking mental health treatment in the U.S.

Then you my friend have never had mental health issues. So that would essentially place your standards on the low end. This thought process here is one of the many reasons why there is a lack of people seeking mental health treatment in the U.S.

You don't know what anyone has dealt with other than in your personal life or what they've overcome and did while suffering. And there's been nothing said Biles is in need of mental health treatment. Again, she did a double yurchenko just a few days before and was all the rage. One bad landing and she's suffering from mental illness and is in need of treatment? Come on, not even her camp has made that claim. Your thought process is why people just needing a break get put under thrall of people who take advantage of them. You Britney's father?

Maybe. It's a fairly common diagnosis. How are the others dealing? It also questions whether or not she would have obtained gold in last Olympics without the medication. If mental fatigue is a reason to quit, isn't something that increases mental focus an aid that should be open to all? Some of them are stimulants to boot.

Last edited:
Mixed relay? Is that new? Looks like she was way out of place compared to the others.

Yes, new this Olympics. An official lined her up at the wrong location and she didn't correct.

Former Olympian Michael Johnson commented that he watched officials line a couple runners up in the wrong location and the runners had to correct it themselves.

Mixed relay? Is that new? Looks like she was way out of place compared to the others.
New this year, track is trying to create some excitement so it doesn't get to change things up a bit.

But to me there are some sports that would benefit from mixed gender comp. Most of the racquet sports have them so why not others that to spice things up? I have zero interest in golf as a 72 hole stroke play event so why not a Ryder Cup like event with some mixed best ball and alternating shot formats? When I caddied some of the most intense matches were husband/wife mixed events and it was usually the wife getting down on the husband for a bad shot. They could also do a couple swimming relays mixed.

New this year, track is trying to create some excitement so it doesn't get to change things up a bit.

But to me there are some sports that would benefit from mixed gender comp. Most of the racquet sports have them so why not others that to spice things up? I have zero interest in golf as a 72 hole stroke play event so why not a Ryder Cup like event with some mixed best ball and alternating shot formats? When I caddied some of the most intense matches were husband/wife mixed events and it was usually the wife getting down on the husband for a bad shot. They could also do a couple swimming relays mixed.
Nothing like hubby leaving the wife with no shot behind a tree to bring a little spark to the marriage!