Summer Olympics

It's really hard to find nicer people that will go out their way. Traveling light, my easiest souvenirs were a small denomination bill from each country visited. Culture, art, history in a light package. But I had to use my last bit on a suprise exit visa for a country. The money was of a very unique design, this was a big disappointment. About a year later, still on the road and having landed in Japan, I went to their embassy in Tokyo to see if anyone had some. No one did as they were all Japanese, not of the country. When I finally got home, there was a letter my the stack of mail..... from Japan. I not only remember the kindness but how meticulously packaged it was, as anyone that has visited Japan would understand.

1630352577506.png

I'm not a drinker, but she may have had my favorite line of any of the post event interviews. When they were connecting her to her family after winning the Bronze medal for the Marathon.
Nice, but she should have said, "Sorry I can't talk longer, but there's an ice cold beer waiting on me at the hotel!"