Summer Olympics

U.S. Tennis Star Coco Gauff Tests Positive For Coronavirus And Will Miss Olympics

I always thought tennis was stupid for the Olympics. They play for grand slams, not gold. Does anyone know how many gold medals do Federer or Serena have?

I always thought tennis was stupid for the Olympics. They play for grand slams, not gold. Does anyone know how many gold medals do Federer or Serena have?

Venus Williams = 4-G 1-S 0-B : T=5 medals
Serena Williams = 4-G 0-S 0-B : T=4 medals

Roger Federer = 2-G 1-S 0-B : T=3 medals
(2012 set Olympic record for longest match 4 hr 26 min)
Federer played a 4-hour 26-minute semifinal against del Potro where Federer won 19–17 in the third and final set. in a lopsided match, he lost to Murray in straight sets in the final, winning a silver medal for his country ( Switzerland)

:>---

EGA

Parade of nations. Athletes wearing their country colors. Ours dressed like convicts or are those mimes in black and white. smh.

"This is the cringiest opening ceremony ever. They're all waving to an empty stadium."

(Orchestra starts playing Frog's theme from Chrono Trigger)

"This is the greatest opening ceremony ever."

Parade of nations. Athletes wearing their country colors. Ours dressed like convicts or are those mimes in black and white. smh.

What are you talking about? This is fresh.
usawnt.jpeg

Last edited:
Every one on one sport should model itself after judo (especially you, tennis). Matches are just four minutes long unless there's a takedown, then it's an automatic win. Overtime is essentially sudden death.

Every one on one sport should model itself after judo. ........Overtime is essentially sudden death.
Isn't that the secret hope of all martial arts fans?

Watched some badminton today while eating lunch at Wings & Rings. Much easier for these old eyes to track a shuttlecock than a ping-pong ball these days.

Looking forward to the diving competition. I remember watching the high platform at the '68 Games, a guy started with a gainer and smacked his shins and feet on the platform edge as he came down. They replayed that dive over and over. Hurt just to watch.

Isn't that the secret hope of all martial arts fans?

Watched some badminton today while eating lunch at Wings & Rings. Much easier for these old eyes to track a shuttlecock than a ping-pong ball these days.

Looking forward to the diving competition. I remember watching the high platform at the '68 Games, a guy started with a gainer and smacked his shins and feet on the platform edge as he came down. They replayed that dive over and over. Hurt just to watch.
How about Greg Louganis hitting his head on the board while doing a backward dive.
1988 I think.