Struthers Football 2021

Ouch ! That bad huh
I also hate the black look. But how can you say that before they even put pads on? They did not have an anchor on the line last season either. The one they thought they had was continually hurt. But I agree when they try to change things that have been working for the better part of a decade it is a head scratcher especially when the head coach was there with I
You seem to be a little hard wired with hate when you start with a true Struthers supporter lol.
Basically they bring back most of the team who played last season, can’t get worse, the line was horrific last year, also can’t get worse with a full off season. Bayuk has actually shored up the team and has actually kicked a couple bad apples off the team which is a good start. We haven’t had a good actual quarterback since Muntean, and haven’t had a great player since Musolino

Muzz was an amazing athlete who fit the role, but JD Hall was a true hard nosed quarterback who set a passing record his senior season. But I’m not as much hard wired as I am unconvinced and keep my ideology simple. The season is won in the weight room, and the sources I have I get the true sense of where the team is headed this season. I’m praying I’m wrong about the direction of the program truthfully

Muzz was an amazing athlete who fit the role, but JD Hall was a true hard nosed quarterback who set a passing record his senior season. But I’m not as much hard wired as I am unconvinced and keep my ideology simple. The season is won in the weight room, and the sources I have I get the true sense of where the team is headed this season. I’m praying I’m wrong about the direction of the program truthfully
I hope so too

Hearing the same. Probably know more in July. Still a chance they bring in more kids that will come for playing time immediately
I read that whole STA thread and it sounds that even if they do have a team, it's pretty much certain that they won't win a single game.

Wouldn't it benefit Struthers to have a 9 game schedule rather than actually playing a winless STA?

Why were they even on Struthers schedule in the first place? Sounds like maybe Jeff might have had a little input on this being JFK's AD not so long ago.

Just speculating.....

I read that whole STA thread and it sounds that even if they do have a team, it's pretty much certain that they won't win a single game.

Wouldn't it benefit Struthers to have a 9 game schedule rather than actually playing a winless STA?

Why were they even on Struthers schedule in the first place? Sounds like maybe Jeff might have had a little input on this being JFK's AD not so long ago.

Just speculating.....
I heard when we scheduled them In basketball they went ahead and scheduled in football too, our AD always takes the easy way out. Normally I would rather play 9 games, but with a young team as many snaps as they can get will be useful

I’ve seen different amounts of numbers in the weight room from as low as 20 to around 40 but there’s been a core group of around 10-15 players who have lived there that will be getting significant playing time. Also a good amount are working with the guys over at IFC, also a couple Hubbard kids go there as well. There’s an abundance of people who bash programs because Mainly number 1 their kid is the backup which in Greenwood’s case there’s nobody even close to him in terms of throwing, the jv kid can’t throw it over 10 yards, and the other 1 will play wildcat and the other one is too young being a freshmen. He will start next season as a sophmore tho

I’ve seen different amounts of numbers in the weight room from as low as 20 to around 40 but there’s been a core group of around 10-15 players who have lived there that will be getting significant playing time. Also a good amount are working with the guys over at IFC, also a couple Hubbard kids go there as well. There’s an abundance of people who bash programs because Mainly number 1 their kid is the backup which in Greenwood’s case there’s nobody even close to him in terms of throwing, the jv kid can’t throw it over 10 yards, and the other 1 will play wildcat and the other one is too young being a freshmen. He will start next season as a sophmore tho
Don’t understand why the team as a whole goes to IFC, maybe not in terms of membership, but team as a whole on weekends in the long run would pay off VASTLY. The owner Dylan Schmidt KNOWS his

Don’t understand why the team as a whole goes to IFC, maybe not in terms of membership, but team as a whole on weekends in the long run would pay off VASTLY. The owner Dylan Schmidt KNOWS his
He will absolutely get you strong, Kmowing him he would let them workout for free as a team or a small fee

The team as a whole last season lacked heart. You cannot coach that.
Maybe Covid had something to do with the lack of heart. Last year was an absolute nightmare and not indicative of Struthers football that I've followed all my life.
Hopefully with a year under his belt, we may see Bayuk spark some life back into this team.
But you also need team leaders to lead things. Without them, you're going nowhere fast.

I can take the losses, especially against teams we know are going to have good seasons. What's hard to accept is when you no excitement to play or motivation from this team. It's very disheartening.
I'm hoping for much better results in 21. They should win the first two or three games. A start like that will definitely jumpstart things.

Go Cats!

I heard when we scheduled them In basketball they went ahead and scheduled in football too, our AD always takes the easy way out. Normally I would rather play 9 games, but with a young team as many snaps as they can get will be useful
Easy route, Buckeye?
You obviously must have her mixed up with somebody else.
I know it's not an easy job, but put 'some' kind of effort into it. ?
One thing I've noticed is a lack of scheduling 'up' in order to prepare the team for the postseason. Last season's basketball team was a classic example. Wonderful season, but the original OOC slate was nothing to write home about. You'd think coaches would have more say-so. Especially Mikey and what he's accomplished in Struthers.
Football-wise, I like the Streetsboro pick up.
Crestwood, Aquinas, not so much.
We could do so much better than that.

Personally, I'd much rather have had Louisville and Howland instead. :D

Easy route, Buckeye?
One thing I've noticed is a lack of scheduling 'up' in order to prepare the team for the postseason. Last season's basketball team was a classic example. Wonderful season, but the original OOC slate was nothing to write home about. You'd think coaches would have more say-so. Especially Mikey and what he's accomplished in Struthers.

Struthers vs Louisville in all sports please. We play each other in baseball during the tournament and the Leps won but I am sure if they played Struthers in basketball it wouldn't have been good for Louisville last year. In other words, good competition for both schools. Raise the bar and challenge the kids. Louisville's first 3 games every year in football should be NE8, NE8 and NE8 schools. Then play 4 Fed schools, Howland, Canfield and finally 1 EBC school. Wow! I guess I should be an AD ?

Struthers vs Louisville in all sports please. We play each other in baseball during the tournament and the Leps won but I am sure if they played Struthers in basketball it wouldn't have been good for Louisville last year. In other words, good competition for both schools. Raise the bar and challenge the kids. Louisville's first 3 games every year in football should be NE8, NE8 and NE8 schools. Then play 4 Fed schools, Howland, Canfield and finally 1 EBC school. Wow! I guess I should be an AD ?
You should.

I retired very early. If I was back home I'd do the job for free.

I remember distinctly when our boys basketball team was real good and had Huntington Prep, Erie Strong Vincent, etc. on the schedule.
Where's that AD at? LOL :LOL:

Not sure how being independent is helping Louisville out. Still doing plenty of travelling. If we lose Jefferson down the road ........ come on down.

I agree 100 percent, most years both teams will take their lumps in different sports, that’s the way it should be, only in a perfect world tho we can only hope. When you play the same schools in all
Sports it adds to a new rivalry I’m all
For it

Easy route, Buckeye?

Basketball actually scheduled well compared to most years, but bayuk is probably trying to rebuild a foundation that’s for when Kuntz left for Miami

The problem with the OOC scheduling is that she waits until we are one of the last schools in the state without a game and then we have to settle on whatever is there. Covid obviously didn’t help anything but that’s the black and white of it.

Not trying to butt in, but Black River or Independence might be the 2 best options for Struthers on that list. I doubt you want to take on MLC with a young squad week 1 and those 3 are probably the only doable games location wise.

Not trying to butt in, but Black River or Independence might be the 2 best options for Struthers on that list. I doubt you want to take on MLC with a young squad week 1 and those 3 are probably the only doable games location wise.
Yeah unless there’s some other team expecting a freak opening the options are severely limited

I agree, but with a young team playing a team like MLC will make you grow up in a hurry. With basically everyone getting in the playoffs I would want to see them play whoever will make their team better win or lose

I agree, but with a young team playing a team like MLC will make you grow up in a hurry. With basically everyone getting in the playoffs I would want to see them play whoever will make their team better win or lose
According to Arbiter MLC has a game @ Dover week 1