Struthers Football 2021

Hubbard hasn't gotten over that hump of winninga reginal title. But, it is far better than Struthers 3 wins in playoff time in program history! Lakeview has more wins than Struthers come playoff time.!
Yep. Neither of them have won anything that matters. If the playoffs existed with more than 2-4 teams in the 80’s the cats I’m sure would have more wins. But that’s how it goes. Can’t sit here and live off the glory years of the 80’s or 1990 forever

I wasn’t asking in regard to STA. I like keeping track of the enrollments and CB numbers of all the Mahoning Valley schools. My records go back to 2011, 2009 for some.
STA is a small D6 because of CB. I doubt they move up anytime soon.
Their enrollment jumped by leaps and bounds the last couple of years, they were on the brink of having to close their doors. The coach works McKinley, Jackson, Massillon and the Rootstown area hard. They'll have more kids than they had last season.

Yep. Neither of them have won anything that matters. If the playoffs existed with more than 2-4 teams in the 80’s the cats I’m sure would have more wins. But that’s how it goes. Can’t sit here and live off the glory years of the 80’s or 1990 forever
The biggest issue with Hubbsrd is the talent that has come through hasn't panned out on the field. I was actually surprised that they haven't been more successful.

SVSM was 8-1 in the playoffs over those 2 seasons. Other than a kid named Joe Burrow, everyone else lost to them too.

SVSM was 8-1 in the playoffs over those 2 seasons. Other than a kid named Joe Burrow, everyone else lost to them too.
Hubbard gave that SVSM regional game away. Out played the Irish for most of the game. Up 10 with TWO MINUTES LEFT.... Hubbard had the best running game in the division. Maybe any division that year. Hubbard-Athens could have been the shoot out of the century.

But I will say the schedule for the 2014 Eagles (who featured 5 D1 kids) was embarrassing. They could have beaten anyone in the area but stuck with trash OOC minus NDCL. Had they prepared themselves, they would have rolled SVSM. My opinion.

With the playoffs going to 16 seeds a region, the cats are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs every season now. That being said I am going to look at who their playoff match ups would have been for the first round since 2013.

2013 (2) Struthers vs (15) Orange (5-5)

2014 (16) Struthers (4-6) vs (1) Benedictine 9-1

2015 (14) Struthers (5-5) vs (3) Crestwood 8-2

2016 (5)Struthers 9-1 vs(12) Oberland Firelands (7-3)

2017 (7) Struthers 7-3 vs (10) CVCA 7-3

2018 (11) Struthers 7-3 vs (6) Indian Creek 8-2

2019 (7) Struthers vs (10) Chagrin Falls 5-5

With the playoffs going to 16 seeds a region, the cats are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs every season now. That being said I am going to look at who their playoff match ups would have been for the first round since 2013.

2013 (2) Struthers vs (15) Orange (5-5)

2014 (16) Struthers (4-6) vs (1) Benedictine 9-1

2015 (14) Struthers (5-5) vs (3) Crestwood 8-2

2016 (5)Struthers 9-1 vs(12) Oberland Firelands (7-3)

2017 (7) Struthers 7-3 vs (10) CVCA 7-3

2018 (11) Struthers 7-3 vs (6) Indian Creek 8-2

2019 (7) Struthers vs (10) Chagrin Falls 5-5
I really don't understand the point you are trying to make with your post.

I don't like the 16 team format, it seems like it cheapens the playoffs.

Not really any point to make here lol
Just see a lot of competitive games. More than we already have most years

Shoulda stayed at 8 teams, problem for Hubbard if they stay in R9 if that was the case tho cause they could lose one game and not make it in that region sometimes. It favors Hubbard a lot

Shoulda stayed at 8 teams, problem for Hubbard if they stay in R9 if that was the case tho cause they could lose one game and not make it in that region sometimes. It favors Hubbard a lot

It’s nothing more than a blatant cash grab by the OHSAA. Making the call to expand the playoffs to 16 without consideration of what the OHSFCA had to say, then denying it when the OHSFCA called them out on it... bush league!

It’s nothing more than a blatant cash grab by the OHSAA. Making the call to expand the playoffs to 16 without consideration of what the OHSFCA had to say, then denying it when the OHSFCA called them out on it... bush league!
I totally agree with this post, it cheapens the playoffs.

An alumni and true struthers supporter myself, last seasons team would beat this seasons team if healthy. Not to Debbie down, but there is no apparent anchor on the line. Greenwood is by far the worst Qb struthers has had in the past 10 years. Defense is an open flood gate, new era of bad attitude and terrible off-season determination has shown and is in full effect. I don’t understand the concept of the all black look, this is not Campbell, our colors are red and white. Probably shouldn’t have tried to change everything that the historical coach Kuntz did for the program. The only thing that will save this team is the shift to a weaker schedule that the coaches have already taken account of

An alumni and true struthers supporter myself, last seasons team would beat this seasons team if healthy. Not to Debbie down, but there is no apparent anchor on the line. Greenwood is by far the worst Qb struthers has had in the past 10 years. Defense is an open flood gate, new era of bad attitude and terrible off-season determination has shown and is in full effect. I don’t understand the concept of the all black look, this is not Campbell, our colors are red and white. Probably shouldn’t have tried to change everything that the historical coach Kuntz did for the program. The only thing that will save this team is the shift to a weaker schedule that the coaches have already taken account of
Ouch ! That bad huh ?

I also hate the black look. But how can you say that before they even put pads on? They did not have an anchor on the line last season either. The one they thought they had was continually hurt. But I agree when they try to change things that have been working for the better part of a decade it is a head scratcher especially when the head coach was there with Kuntz.

You seem to be a little hard wired with hate when you start with a true Struthers supporter lol.
Basically they bring back most of the team who played last season, can’t get worse, the line was horrific last year, also can’t get worse with a full off season. Bayuk has actually shored up the team and has actually kicked a couple bad apples off the team which is a good start. We haven’t had a good actual quarterback since Muntean, and haven’t had a great player since Musolino