Struthers Football 2021

Have you ever looked at JFKs schedule?
Yeah, I just did.

So, are you saying Struthers should be playing Lowellville?

D4 Struthers shouldn't be thinking of playing anybody on D7 JFK's schedule except for maybe Howland. It wouldn't surprise me though to see D7 JFK on Struthers schedule in the distant future (Bayuk). After seeing Struthers soft 2021 schedule, it might very well be the trend they seem to be going for by playing much lower division teams.

Yeah, I just did.

D4 Struthers shouldn't be thinking of playing anybody on D7 JFK's schedule except for maybe Howland. It wouldn't surprise me though to see D7 JFK on Struthers schedule in the distant future (Bayuk). After seeing Struthers soft 2021 schedule, it might very well be the trend they seem to be going for by playing much lower division teams.

Lowellville was a playoff game which they had no control over scheduling. Maybe he was referring to Champion, Conneaut, Valley Christian, or Campbell ? You know JFK is perfect in Jaws' eyes...

Yeah, I just did.

You realize, or probably dont, that Lowellville was a playoff game? Kennedy ALWAYS plays up in the regular season. It would be tge equivalent of Hubbard playing nothing but 2s and 3s with the occasional 1 thrown in. How do you think that would go?

Disrespect a team like Aquinas with caution, they will be D6 this season because everyone is staying the same this season but they will bring in a ton of kids. They could be a D4 playing D6.

Yeah, I just did.

I really don’t want to get into a pissing contest, but...
Struthers actually plays down less than Hubbard does. And Hubbard doesn’t play up at all. Struthers plays up 3 times. Hubbard plays 4 schools that are 2 divisions below them. Struthers only plays 1. So according to your logic, Struthers plays a tougher schedule.

Seriously. I don’t know how a Hubbard guy can straight faced criticize Struthers for playing a soft schedule.
Hubbard Football was built on playing a soft schedule. Remember the TAC?

You realize, or probably dont, that Lowellville was a playoff game? Kennedy ALWAYS plays up in the regular season. It would be tge equivalent of Hubbard playing nothing but 2s and 3s with the occasional 1 thrown in. How do you think that would go?

Disrespect a team like Aquinas with caution, they will be D6 this season because everyone is staying the same this season but they will bring in a ton of kids. They could be a D4 playing D6.

OHSAA isn’t updating the enrollment figures from 2019 this yea? And what about CB?

Collinwood
University co op
Brookfield
East when they were winning 1 game a year
And a lot more blunders of teams Hubbard has played. Not to mention beating teams like Brookfield champion and Newton falls forever

OHSAA isn’t updating the enrollment figures from 2019 this yea? And what about CB?
Not sure how the CB is going to be figured this year. Guarantee STA is bringing in kids. If they get bumped up because of cb then that will help with points.

Struthers actually plays down less than Hubbard does. And Hubbard doesn’t play up at all. Struthers plays up 3 times. Hubbard plays 4 schools that are 2 divisions below them. Struthers only plays 1. So according to your logic, Struthers plays a tougher schedule.

Seriously. I don’t know how a Hubbard guy can straight faced criticize Struthers for playing a soft schedule.
And they swear they want to schedule Canfield like stop lol but at least they finally scheduled mooney after mooney is no longer any good.

I agree 100% about Hubbard and the TAC. However, it got your top assistant into the OHSFCA HOF playing that schedule.

.....says the "unofficial mayor of Burton Street or is it Wick Street or Briar Street"?
Hubbard hasn't gotten over that hump of winninga reginal title. But, it is far better than Struthers 3 wins in playoff time in program history! Lakeview has more wins than Struthers come playoff time.!

Good program. Won’t argue that. But their scheduling for the last.. 25 years has been weak
Agree on that. This years schedule is good for Hubbard. OCC games with Norwayne, Mooney and Shaw on paper looks good. Norwayne will drop a little this year but has a heck of a staff. Mooney is Mooney. Shaw will drop off once Glenville is back playing again. All those kids will transfer back once Cleveland starts playing again.

The last full season we had, Struthers played WB who was D3 at the time and #1 ranked New philly who was probably the eventual state champion of their Qb didn’t get hurt week 10. You schedule to help the team you have, teams are gonna have seasons when they schedule up and when they schedule down. That’s reality

Agree on that. This years schedule is good for Hubbard. OCC games with Norwayne, Mooney and Shaw on paper looks good. Norwayne will drop a little this year but has a heck of a staff. Mooney is Mooney. Shaw will drop off once Glenville is back playing again. All those kids will transfer back once Cleveland starts playing again.

Is Mooney still Mooney? I realize they can bounce back at any time... but it seems like for the last few years, they’ve been a shell of what they were.

I saw STA against Springfield Local in the playoffs. Not impressed.

With the exception of Norwayne, Fort Frye, and Coldwater... Springfield made everyone look bad.
Is Cook still the coach at STA? He took over at STA in 2018 and is an STA alum. 2-8 in 2018, 7-4 in 2019, and 5-2 last year.
I thought Norwayne was D5... I forgot they were D6.

Not sure how the CB is going to be figured this year. Guarantee STA is bringing in kids. If they get bumped up because of cb then that will help with points.

I wasn’t asking in regard to STA. I like keeping track of the enrollments and CB numbers of all the Mahoning Valley schools. My records go back to 2011, 2009 for some.
STA is a small D6 because of CB. I doubt they move up anytime soon.

Last edited: