St.V-St.M 2022

Also, don't bet that this will be the last STVM/Hoban game for a while! There is a realistic chance that the Irish won its last football game of the season. And, if so, they could sneak into the playoffs as the 16 seed. Which, if the Harbin gods so dictate, would leave Hoban waiting for them in Week 11!
Impossible.

Also already looking at Hoban they are a really great complete football team: offense speaks for itself but I think the way we keep this streak going is keep that defense on the field they really haven’t been able to get going on defense which is really surprising they run a 2-4-5 ( 2 line man 4 backers and 5dbs) I would say when that defense is on the field for a long time they struggle as a team they are also susceptible to the option game Walsh expoilted that

In my opinion I think traditionally, we’ve always had a good game plan against Cleveland Heights even when they were undefeated at the time. Remember 2016 every thought Cleveland was going to come to green street and mop us but we blew them out 28-0

In my opinion I think traditionally, we’ve always had a good game plan against Cleveland Heights even when they were undefeated at the time. Remember 2016 every thought Cleveland was going to come to green street and mop us but we blew them out 28-0
1 win get you at least a 6 seed.

We are currently #5

Attachments

• 9D037FB8-663A-4DD2-AA56-AAE1263E17D8.jpeg
    9D037FB8-663A-4DD2-AA56-AAE1263E17D8.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 19
Was it a good look for Hoban when they stopped playing the Irish in basketball? Did you call them out?
In an interview with high school players and coaches who faced Lebron in high school, TK admits he was young and immature. Looking back he never would have canceled the game during Lebron senior year. Took a memory from his players they would be telling their grand kids

Similar to the NCL disbanding due to Hoban's dominance of late. Now all those schools, (including Walsh who plays 4 NCL schools), continue to play each other but got rid of Hoban. Redwing is exactly right about basketball and how Hoban has taken the L's (except for 1 win in 2018) yet they continue to show up and play against superior talent. Not a good look for the Irish.
Late 70s StvM was forced to drop Hoban in football. Hobans enrollment and football program were in decline. The series became one sided. With limited number of teams qualifying for playoffs, the Hoban game was not helping but hindering SVsm playoff chances.
Fast forward to early 90s Hoban increased enrollment and improved their football program. The series resumed, with Hoban dominating under Orsini . Stvm dominated under Boarman. Now Tyrell has built a program that now completes with the best D1 teams in the state.

Football will take a break, but no reason for the schools to drop other sports

Last edited:
Is DeLone Carter still the Irish Strength Coach? Given his son went with his buddies to Walsh it creates a possible conflict of interest.

i’ve noticed some of the coaches of the previous STVM opponents have commented how hard hitting the players are. Is it Carter‘s doing? The new Weight Room? Under Boarman the players always were hard hitting. That was a hallmark of the program.

Is DeLone Carter still the Irish Strength Coach? Given his son went with his buddies to Walsh it creates a possible conflict of interest.

i’ve noticed some of the coaches of the previous STVM opponents have commented how hard hitting the players are. Is it Carter‘s doing? The new Weight Room? Under Boarman the players always were hard hitting. That was a hallmark of the program.
I don't think I've ever seen a HS football player who could hit harder than Newman Williams.

I don't think I've ever seen a HS football player who could hit harder than Newman Williams.
I’d have to add his teammate Dante Booker. And Frank Stams. I saw a blindside hit he put on an Ironton QB in a playoff game that knocked the kid senseless. You could see that developing. Stams came around the line full speed and you knew what was coming. Classic.

I always enjoyed Williams as a running back. His legs never stopped churning until he was on the ground or in the endzone.

I’d have to add his teammate Dante Booker. And Frank Stams. I saw a blindside hit he put on an Ironton QB in a playoff game that knocked the kid senseless. You could see that developing. Stams came around the line full speed and you knew what was coming. Classic.

I always enjoyed Williams as a running back. His legs never stopped churning until he was on the ground or in the endzone.
I'll give you Stams. He was a hitter, and a great, great player! Booker was the better athlete compared to Williams, and certainly the better collegiate prospect. But IMO he wasn't the hitter that Williams was. As an aside, in his senior year, Booker joined the baseball team and was a heck of an outfielder as well. He was a super nice kid and a great all-around athlete. As a further aside, at the end of the year Booker said he had so much fun playing baseball that he wished he had played all four years. Just a great young man.

STVM will not fall to 16. The Hoban Academy game is a ball buster and after game injury effects can be 💉💉 debilitating. Cleveland Heights has a great QB but has played STVM in the past and got blasted. Walsh Jesuit is always a tough matchup as coach Alexander has done a good job. Coach Cistone has done an amazing job at STVM. This squad is physical like a typical Cistone squad. Former Alumni should feel very comfortable sending their son’s to play for the Irish!!!

Last edited:
STVM will not fall to 16. The Hoban Academy game is a ball buster and after game injury effects can be 💉💉 debilitating. Cleveland Heights has a great QB but has played STVM in the past and got blasted. Walsh Jesuit is always a tough matchup as coach Alexander has done a good job. Coach Cistone has done an amazing job at STVM. This squad is physical like a typical Cistone squad. Former Alumni should feel very comfortable sending their son’s to play for the Irish!!!
Hoban Academy. Lol.

Also already looking at Hoban they are a really great complete football team: offense speaks for itself but I think the way we keep this streak going is keep that defense on the field they really haven’t been able to get going on defense which is really surprising they run a 2-4-5 ( 2 line man 4 backers and 5dbs) I would say when that defense is on the field for a long time they struggle as a team they are also susceptible to the option game Walsh expoilted that
I’m surprised they kept to my gameplan 😭😭😭

Yeah 6 turnovers but what was the score 28-14 it should have been more that speaks about our defense but our offense has to be better
But even if you are not a Hoban fan - you must admit some of those turnovers were caused by old school hard nosed slobber knocking defense.
The Irish certainly had their chances. If they clean up their mistakes, quite frankly, we are the talk of high school football all over the State of Ohio.

A lot of teams that play man most of the time have trouble with option football, Ursuline destroyed Vasj with it, no one on pitch man!