St.V-St.M 2022

I think it was only a matter of time. Hoban has seemingly been playing more out of state teams and nothing suggests that will change for the foreseeable future. It is what is. Kids just want to play on Friday nights.

I think it was only a matter of time. Hoban has seemingly been playing more out of state teams and nothing suggests that will change for the foreseeable future. It is what is. Kids just want to play on Friday nights.
Hoban is not playing a heavy load of out-of-state teams by choice, necessarily. I'm sure not having their traditional rival on the slate, which was always a given for the past 25-ish years, will make the already difficult job of filling the 10-game schedule even more challenging. Regardless, I hope the apparent hiatus is short lived. Its a great gridiron rivalry.

Ursuline when they face competition, they are always close games so this game is going to be in my opinion a little hard given who they have faced

Makes me wonder if Hoban will stick it to STVM and cancel the basketball game as well.
Hoban stopped playing STVM is basketball…but that was ok.
So is it strictly out of competitive spite? Hoban's basketball team has been getting it handed to them for years by STVM, I've never heard them express any desires to move on from that game.
You should check the history and/or talk to TK. He stopped playing STVM in basketball for a number of years. I’d say that expressed desire to move on from that game

Last edited:
Similar to the NCL disbanding due to Hoban's dominance of late. Now all those schools, (including Walsh who plays 4 NCL schools), continue to play each other but got rid of Hoban. Redwing is exactly right about basketball and how Hoban has taken the L's (except for 1 win in 2018) yet they continue to show up and play against superior talent. Not a good look for the Irish.
Was it a good look for Hoban when they stopped playing the Irish in basketball? Did you call them out?

4 potential big plays by SVSM.....
And 4 late and mysterious flags on SVSM.
Ursuline did not earn that TD. They absolutely were gifted it by the striped shirts....

More shenanigans from the refs....
Our coaches are screaming for a measurement.......
Nope - these fools told us you won't get a measurement and like it....

I have seen this movie before. Didn't like it then either.

Our Irish 14
Refs. 14

Stop me if you have heard this already.....

Ursuline with another TD drive aided GREATLY by another penalty on our Irish.... .