St. Ignatius priest has been placed administrative leave

It’s f’d up, but there’s s decent chance I would know the victim. My closest group of friends from Elder went to Jude and they were definitely there in the late 90s.

Binzer should be Fired immediately! He was aware of inappropriate things being done by this Priest at St. Max and then let the guy transfer to the largest grade school in Cincinnati. Basically sounds like a creep covering for then enabling another creep to keep preying on young boys. 2 total scumbags! Sure hope Drew gets Life and an a** whippin at the JC before heading to prison!
He’s not going to make it long in prison. Throwing pedos into gen pop is like putting a rat in a viper pit.

It’s f’d up, but there’s s decent chance I would know the victim. My closest group of friends from Elder went to Jude and they were definitely there in the late 90s.
This occurred in the late 80s/early 90s. The victim is 41 years old today. Bill Cunningham just said he's in law enforcement. Personally I think it's safe to assume he's an Elder grad. Someone on here probably knows him.

I am very happy they were able to find chargable crimes against this guy. He should spend the rest of his life in prison. FYI: I talked to Bishop Binzer last week. I just happened to see him on the street as I have several times before. He is always very approachable and did approach him as I have in the past. I brought up the "bad couple of weeks". He said as bad as his have been they cannot compare to the pain he has caused others. I ended by saying I would pray for him and all who have been injured. As much as I like the man, it is clear that he did not follow the rules the Diocese has set for itself and he has to go. I hope that is part of the HR moves that the Archbishop alluded to in his previous statement. I also hope that Bishop Binzer makes a public statement. The Archbishop's statement is not enough when the Bishop's personal failing is an issue.

I am glad this issue came to light. I am glad the authorities were contact on two occasions and I am glad that this creep will face justice. I pray that no one at the Archdiocese ever deviates from the protocol in the future.
If I were the police , I be wanting an interview with Bisnar ASAP. He didn't deviate from protocol, he covered up a pig. And if you've covered up one pig, you might have covered up several. be nice if they could put a lie detector on him and ask some tough questions

This occurred in the late 80s/early 90s. The victim is 41 years old today. Bill Cunningham just said he's in law enforcement. Personally I think it's safe to assume he's an Elder grad. Someone on here probably knows him.

That’s right, but it also makes me wonder what else what unreported. I do not like that they gave out the exact age and profession of the accuser. It’s not too hard to uncover his identity with social media.

I have three questions:

1. Geoff would have been fired weeks/months ago if he had been in any other profession. They gave him serious leeway that put children in harm's way. Should not the church and her priests be held to a higher, not lower, standard than secular organizations?

2. Are we to assume that Drew was allegedly raping children at St. Jude in the late 80s/early 90s and then keeping it platonic at his day job at Elder? Seems like a dubious assumption to me.

3. The rape victim is supposed to be a cop. If he was a plumber instead, would his testimony have led to such immediate action, sans any physical evidence and many years after the crime? Seriously, if this guy's not a cop, how many on this board would now whine about more due process for Drew?

I was stunned when Willie was talking about Strittmatter&Kelley (??) taking boys from Elder to an Athletic Club in Clifton to swim naked. I am 40, could one of you older guys please tell me how this was allowed to happen,even back then.

I was stunned when Willie was talking about Strittmatter&Kelley (??) taking boys from Elder to an Athletic Club in Clifton to swim naked. I am 40, could one of you older guys please tell me how this was allowed to happen,even back then.
Because people were(and some still are) so brainwashed to never question priest or Catholic hierarchy. I was after strittmatters time at Elder, but I kept my distance from Kuhn, he always creeped me out.

Because people were(and some still are) so brainwashed to never question priest or Catholic hierarchy. I was after strittmatters time at Elder, but I kept my distance from Kuhn, he always creeped me out.

An absolute shame! Kuhn was convicted of some type of crime involving a computer? He still resides on the Westside?

Ask and Accept Binzers’s Resignation or Fire him immediately! Hope Drew gets at least a million dollar bond if any bond at all! Sure will be though since the guy probably has no criminal record but a lengthy Creep record!

It was the old Friars club in Clifton. Senior year in 1980 we used to have what were called Purple and White Days where you chose from a list of places to go for most of the day. The Friars club had a really nice full court basketball set up, Racquet ball courts, work out area and a pool in the basement. I seem to remember it as a men’s only facility and older men would be swimming naked in the pool. That was enough for me to not even get into the pool.

Of course equally troubling in retrospect was the trip to Hudepohl Brewing off of 8th Street where the tour ended with a visit to the beer garden. Of course we sat there for an hour sampling small glasses of beer....as much as we wanted. Took the yellow bus back to school at the end of the day buzzed out of our minds.

I'm sorry but I have to say these charges are a little stretching. I smell a big money payday coming to some 'cop". 30 years after he allegedly "raped" this boy no one else was sexually assaulted by him? While I do think they are BS, I'm glad this priest is arrested, although he will probably get bonded out shortly. The worse part of all of this is had these criminal charges not been brought then this priest would have been headed to Washington DC for "counseling" according to the archdioceses. No doubt in my mind this priest is a "CREEP", but the real guilty ones are the leaders in the catholic church that failed to act and turned a blind eye.

1/2 of this is insanely dumb, 1/2 is correct. I can imagine nobody else has spoken out bc it’s embarrassing. It shouldn’t be, but it is to a lot of victims.

The Diocese is crooked, it’s been crooked forever. I wish like hell Elder could buy their freedom from this nightmare of an institution, but I have a feeling, no amount of $ will cause them to let Elder go

Binzer should be Fired immediately! He was aware of inappropriate things being done by this Priest at St. Max and then let the guy transfer to the largest grade school in Cincinnati. Basically sounds like a creep covering for then enabling another creep to keep preying on young boys. 2 total scumbags! Sure hope Drew gets Life and an a** whippin at the JC before heading to prison!

Did that news report on Fox19 say around the 2:40 mark that Binzer was returned to his other job duties or did I hear that wrong? I thought he was being removed? Unreal if true.

I am very happy they were able to find chargable crimes against this guy. He should spend the rest of his life in prison. FYI: I talked to Bishop Binzer last week. I just happened to see him on the street as I have several times before. He is always very approachable and did approach him as I have in the past. I brought up the "bad couple of weeks". He said as bad as his have been they cannot compare to the pain he has caused others. I ended by saying I would pray for him and all who have been injured. As much as I like the man, it is clear that he did not follow the rules the Diocese has set for itself and he has to go. I hope that is part of the HR moves that the Archbishop alluded to in his previous statement. I also hope that Bishop Binzer makes a public statement. The Archbishop's statement is not enough when the Bishop's personal failing is an issue.

I am glad this issue came to light. I am glad the authorities were contact on two occasions and I am glad that this creep will face justice. I pray that no one at the Archdiocese ever deviates from the protocol in the future.
If he feels that bad, he should resign. Otherwise, it’s all bs.

Did that news report on Fox19 say around the 2:40 mark that Binzer was returned to his other job duties or did I hear that wrong? I thought he was being removed? Unreal if true.

You heard correctly, least same that I heard. Binzer was removed from Head of Priest Personnel but would continue his other duties within the Archdiocese hierarchy. Totally disgusting! It’s also pathetic and disgusting that Schnurr is apparently ok with his “right hand man” violating the Decree on Child Protection and not informing him of creepy or possible inappropriate allegations involving Drew. Then letting Drew transfer to the largest grade school around here to supposedly be closer to his mother. I totally understand stand we all make mistakes, but how many chances does 1 man get before he is shown the door? Deters also said no Child Endangerment charge for Binzer YET because as of yesterday they have no hurt children from St. Max or St. I’s. If someone comes forward and facts change due to this, Binzer could be charged. I have been totally baffled that the 1 St. Max complaint said he was making comments to boys about body parts and appearance. If a teacher at Lakota East made direct comments to a boy or girl about body parts that’s not a crime of any kind?

Ask and Accept Binzers’s Resignation or Fire him immediately!

Not enough. Schnurr has to go too. He's in charge and has to be held accountable for the organization he runs. The Archdiocese of Cincinnati needs a reboot bent on making sure this nonsense doesn't happen again.

This crap happens in places other than the Catholic Church, but our church responds to it in a bafflingly inadequate way every single time. In fact, our Archdiocese responds to everything that comes up in an awful way.

Not enough. Schnurr has to go too. He's in charge and has to be held accountable for the organization he runs. The Archdiocese of Cincinnati needs a reboot bent on making sure this nonsense doesn't happen again.

This crap happens in places other than the Catholic Church, but our church responds to it in a bafflingly inadequate way every single time. In fact, our Archdiocese responds to everything that comes up in an awful way.

I totally agree with this in its entirety.

This is correct. Unfortunately, these other places are shuttered for much less than has happened at just Elder over the years, let alone the entire Archdiocese. Sometimes stuff happens that negates a bunch of good. If you interpret every attack on Elder's dire sexual abuse history as a personal attack, it just feeds the parochial (literal meaning) beast that encouraged the cover up in the first place. I.e., "wouldn't happen here", "he's a nice guy", etc. The canned food drive doesn't atone for these past sins, sins that keep popping up on the news even *after* the admin has assured it's all been taken care of.

But, yes, your point is well taken. If members of the church truly believe it is somehow vested with divine fairy dust, then it shouldn't have such a ribald litany of crimes, and it certainly should have felt the wrath of the law decades ago.

If you interpret every attack on Elder's dire sexual abuse history as a personal attack, it just feeds the parochial (literal meaning) beast that encouraged the cover up in the first place. I.e., "wouldn't happen here", "he's a nice guy", etc. The canned food drive doesn't atone for these past sins, sins that keep popping up on the news even *after* the admin has assured it's all been taken care of.

Indeed. This is our church. We are the ones who collect the cans. Myself and my friends are the ones who coach three sports a year so our kids can have the same experiences we did and we adhere to the Virtus stuff to do it. We need to hold the people in charge accountable. We ought to all speak up and demand Binzer and Schnurr resign.

Apparently we're deleting posts, which is highly ironic here, so I'll recap. Maybe some more cyber espionage from the brainwashed admins. There's no reason a post like this should be deleted:

Catholics need to wake up. Priests and the Church are not your authority figure. You don't have to do what they say. They have no authority over you. More times than not, when institutions are not transparent, expect blind loyalty, and shuns naysayers, bad things happen. This insulated world view that continues to be part of the culture harms the students abilities to be more open and accepting in today's world. At worst, these very dark things emerge.

The Catholic Church has created a mountain for Elder to climb. Elder PR for 3-4 years has been dealing with this crap and racist chants, two areas that are almost impossible to overcome. Elder needs a change in cultural identity asap. It is destroying their long-term prospects for growth and success.

Last edited:
Indeed. This is our church. We are the ones who collect the cans. Myself and my friends are the ones who coach three sports a year so our kids can have the same experiences we did and we adhere to the Virtus stuff to do it. We need to hold the people in charge accountable. We ought to all speak up and demand Binzer and Schnurr resign.

Or an even deeper question, why do you need these type of leaders to lead your schools and parishes? What good does it do just to get another Archdiocesan leader to take their place?

Catholics still feel the need to tow the line. If you want change, start taking back your parishes.

Last edited:
Willie just said another adult male has come forward to law enforcement about inappropriate behavior/criminal conduct involving Drew. This fellow does not want to go public for the sake of his own children and job but apparently has talked to his wife about this and also contacted local LE.

Or an even deeper question, why do you need these type of leaders to lead your schools and parishes? What good does it do just to get another Archdiocesan leader to take their place?

Catholics still feel the need to tow the line. If you want change, start taking back your parishes.
FYI: As far as this subject is concerned and especially as it relates to enrollment it is important to remember that this guy supports a boycott of Catholic institutions, including Elder. He has commented favorably to the idea that these institutions should suffer a reduction in students.

He is not a friend of Elder, our parishes or the Catholic Church.

In case he denies it, from this thread July 31:

As for pedophilia, the Church and its members should be held accountable in criminal court. Not sure what Geoff did, but the Church hasn't learned its lesson if they are still quietly shifting these guys around. But why wouldn't they? You all who willingly give money at the collection each week and/or pay tuition to Catholic schools are giving your tacit approval, end of story. Want it to end? Stop complaining and put your money where your mouths are...

Post of the week.

The truth finally comes out. OSP wants to boycott Elder and destroy the school to get back at the Church. He is an anti-Elder troll who is only here to stir up controversy and damage Elder.

FYI: As far as this subject is concerned and especially as it relates to enrollment it is important to remember that this guy supports a boycott of Catholic institutions, including Elder. He has commented favorably to the idea that these institutions should suffer a reduction in students.

Sorry bud, I won't let you pull this crap on me. I'm not an obedient sheep.

Me saying drastic change is needed for Elder and the Catholic church to grow and prosper is not akin to your misrepresentation of the facts.

It's obvious what's needed here, and if anything resembles the current state, they're in trouble.

You're not going to bully and strike fear for my external damnation if I don't tow the Catholic line at all costs. Won't work on me bro.

And for the record, I 100% believe what Commish posted. If these institutions aren't willing to change, they don't deserve the support. Without expectations of accountability, nothing will change. You can either be a principled person, or be a shill. Your choice. You won't make me feel less for standing tall in the face of hypocrisy. Your game is up.

Last edited:

Thought Old School was an Elder Alum. Wait till the “brainwashed” guys see his post. Soon after they will surely disappear?

Thought Old School was an Elder Alum. Wait till the “brainwashed” guys see his post. Soon after they will surely disappear?

Or the post will be deleted in another desperate, purely Catholic act of censorship and cover-up. Wake up.

It's really quite frightening that most people can't/won't see the impact this will have now and in the future. There is literally not much going on in Elder's favor to assume they will be "fine" in 10 years. Yet I'm crucified for demanding drastic change to right the ship. Being connected at the hip with the Archdiocese is a sure-fire trip to the bottom of the ocean.

An avalanche of bad news over the last 3-5 years, a significantly shrinking enrollment base, a neighborhood that doesn't know the school exists, a school that doesn't know the neighborhood exits, and seemingly no plan to fix it.

I don't want to hear bitching and moaning when the house of cards finally falls. This is all playing out right in front of all of our eyes, and nothing will change. Everyone will just go on with their day, and then bitch about it in 10 years when it's too late.

Just like open recruiting. The same way 10 years ago numerous people pleaded to broaden the recruitment base to deaf ears. It's a way of life.

Where is the vision for this school's future? It is bareling down the road at full speed heading for the same paths as Purcell and Roger Bacon.

Last edited:
Or the post will be deleted in another desperate, purely Catholic act of censorship and cover-up. Wake up.

It's really quite frightening that most people can't/won't see the impact this will have now and in the future. There is literally not much going on in Elder's favor to assume they will be "fine" in 10 years. Yet I'm crucified for demanding drastic change to right the ship.

I don't want to hear bitching and moaning when the house of cards finally falls.

I’m awake, you don’t want to hear bitching and moaning? Why do you and moan about Elder and how they suck at what they do All day long? You not realize you sound like a total cry baby just about everyday on here? Your awfully close in my little mind to becoming the new boy on here!

Last edited: