St. Edward 2021-22

How many forfeits were there? How many freshmen did Eds have in the line-up? Thanks
Four forfeits by Ignatius. 9 pins and 1 tech fall by the Eagles. St. Ed's had a total of 9 freshmen and sophomores in the line-up. Only three seniors (I think).

Result from Rambler Duals at Erie Prep. 54-11 over McDowell 73-0 over St. Joes. 63-7 over Northwestern. 63--7 over Greenville. Keep in mind this is mostly Freshman and Soph at this event. Many of our young starters are wrestling at this event.

Result from Rambler Duals at Erie Prep. 54-11 over McDowell 73-0 over St. Joes. 63-7 over Northwestern. 63--7 over Greenville. Keep in mind this is mostly Freshman and Soph at this event. Many of our young starters are wrestling at this event.
Are these JV teams or varsity teams the Eagle Green team is wrestling?

Any possible 4x state champions in the freshman class? Been a while since we had, albeit high standards compared to most schools.

Any possible 4x state champions in the freshman class? Been a while since we had, albeit high standards compared to most schools.
I don’t see any 4 timers, mostly because their best frosh seem to be 138 and up which makes winning as a frosh much more difficult. But if I set the over/under of 2 timers at 2.5 from the frosh class I’d take the over

So how many freshman are in the lineup for St. Ed's this year? And did these freshman do OAC or just club stuff before high school?

So how many freshman are in the lineup for St. Ed's this year? And did these freshman do OAC or just club stuff before high school?
I count 11 freshman who placed at JR High State last year(4 champs) plus Jared Goldberg who started and won a match at Ironman this year. That has to be some kind of record. As for freshmen in the lineup

106 - Butler
138 - Eaton
150 - Ty Miller
157 - JR Miller
215 - Gregory

Goldberg has started a few times on Varsity at 132, I assume Androsik will be the starter there eventually, I just haven’t seen any results for him yet. I also am assuming Gregory is the starter at 215, but he hasn’t wrestled varsity yet either due to football. Maybe he still has to wrestle off Delsanter for the spot.

I count 11 freshman who placed at JR High State last year(4 champs) plus Jared Goldberg who started and won a match at Ironman this year. That has to be some kind of record. As for freshmen in the lineup

106 - Butler
138 - Eaton
150 - Ty Miller
157 - JR Miller
215 - Gregory

Goldberg has started a few times on Varsity at 132, I assume Androsik will be the starter there eventually, I just haven’t seen any results for him yet. I also am assuming Gregory is the starter at 215, but he hasn’t wrestled varsity yet either due to football. Maybe he still has to wrestle off Delsanter for the spot.

Wow, I had no idea that St. Ed's had that type of freshman class. That's great to hear, they are simply reloading. Good luck to all those guys. Thanks for the info.

106 - Butler
138 - Eaton
150 - Ty Miller
157 - JR Miller
215 - Gregory

Not sure why people keep saying Gregory is the starter. He isn't. Delsanter is the starter. Goldberg is the starter as well. They have both earned their spots.

My son has had a couple practices with the Goldberg kid and I really like this kid. He was a little over matched talent wise but that kid was not afraid, he has a high motor, and never gave up. Big fan of his already.

Im also a big fan of the Miller brothers. Used to work with Dad when the boys was very young in grade school. Told him The Factory or Westshore would be a great place for them to train for the area he lived in. These two will also be fun to watch grow in mature in the sport. They are already freaky athletic and will only get better in the Ed’s room.
My son also worked out a good bit with Bulter while he was in JH and he will be tough also.
Eds had a nice group of kids come in this year.

By Norm Weber

nweber@sehs.net

Saturday and Sunday, St. Edward varsity Green wrestling endured for 38 hours to take third among 25 teams in the Catholic Invitational Tournament, held at Newark Catholic.

Patrick Androsik (132 pounds) was a champion with a 4-0 record, including three pins.

A pair of freshmen, Joseph Sanderfer (120) and Nathan Gregory (215), took seconds. Sanderfer was 2-1 including a technical fall. Gregory went 3-1 with a major decision.

Sophomore Joshua Groudle (190) took a third with a 5-1 record and had a team-high 13 takedowns.

Three Eagles placed fourth: freshman Khamari Manns (113), freshman Caiden Pirkel (126), and sophomore Matthew Durbin (144), Pirkel racked up two pins. Durbin had shared team-high honors with three bonus-point victories, two pins and a major.

Troy Regovich (285) was a fifth-place winner while Elhaji Niang (138) earned a sixth placing.

Moeller won the tournament with 241 points followed by Walsh 234 points. St. Edward had 171.5, Elder 131, and Bishop Watterson.

Anthony Wayne has dropped out of the State Duals Saturday at St. Ed's. St. Ed's vs Westlake at 12 Winner to take on Elyria at 1:30

We are now down to a dual between Westlake and St. Ed's to advance to the state dual tournament. Elyria has also backed out.

To be a 4xer takes a bit of luck also, depending on WHO is at your weight your freshman year. NOT all brackets to a state title are created equal......doubtful there's even a 3xer from this class, it could happen BUT there's been some blue chip frosh who have better resumes than this class who didnt win even 2 titles, pretty big hill to climb.